NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayTheTrap

GM: 8 Cups/22 years
Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Imagine though, if it was 3 randoms. Pittsburgh fan opens their pack and they get Crosby, Malkin and Fleury.

It's still fair, since they couldn't sell or trade them.

Billy Mays Here*

Still in the process of making a new team but here's what I have so far. Not trying to make it super stacked or anything like that.

Parise - Marleau - Pominville C
Gagne - Duchene - Kessel
? - ? - ?
? - ? - ?

Suter A - Green
Carle - Subban
Kulikov - Shattenkirk

?
?

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Still in the process of making a new team but here's what I have so far. Not trying to make it super stacked or anything like that.

Parise - Marleau - Pominville C
Gagne - Duchene - Kessel
? - ? - ?
? - ? - ?

Suter A - Green
Carle - Subban
Kulikov - Shattenkirk

?
?

I'll recommend a forward line and a goalie.
Sharp - E. Staal - Grabner
Lehtonen

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I'd be happy with anything over 1,000,000 to be honest. Because of ice tilt, it would be useless to build a team full of SOTW.
Can somebody explain ice tilt to me? This comment is concerning because I've been trying to build a team consisting of mainly SOTWs.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
Can somebody explain ice tilt to me? This comment is concerning because I've been trying to build a team consisting of mainly SOTWs.

Does that about cover it for you? No, really... Some people like having something to blame their losses on so it's not their fault. And some blame a rumored game mechanic that tunes all players to play the same, or to some, actually makes fast players slow and slow players fast, if you wanted to get hardcore with it.

It's human nature to not want to take blame, and that's what it boils down to. I am good friends with the #1 overall for Ps3, as well as a few others in the top 15 or so... They all rock high level teams and have success. They happen to be extraordinary players, so that helps... but yeah. Anyway, it's just a superstition. If that concerns you, then it concerns you.

And I hope this doesn't upset anyone. I guess simply put, I don't agree. I don't believe ice tilt exists.

sniper515

Nov 6, 2009
Brampton
Marleau- Kesler-Kessel(A)
Sharp-Couture-Nash(A)
Benn-Roy-Brown
JVR-Dubinsky-Simmonds

Phaneuf(C)-Burns
Kulikov- SOTW Salo
Johnson- Johnson

Bryzgalov
SOTW Reimer

Looking for a TWD LD to put with SOTW Salo that's better than Kulikov, only looking to spend 15k max. Any suggestions?

Also might be looking for a C PLY upgrade over Couture for the 2nd line

SOTW, UT or GP don't really matter to me

PS3

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
With the new additions to the team here's a Team Update:

* - New Addition.

Gretzky Legend (91 Overall) - M. Richards SOTW (90 Overall) - Grabner SOTW (88 Overall | Captain)
Nugent-Hopkins SOTW (87 Overall | Assistant Captain) - Pavelski SOTW (89 Overall) - Havlat SOTW (88 Overall)
Kunitz SOTW (88 Overall) - *Cammalleri SOTW (88 Overall) - Clarkson SOTW (88 Overall)
Wickenheiser Legend (80 Overall) - Gagner SOTW (87 Overall) - Williams Stanley Cup Edition Free Pack Card (85 Overall)

Suter SOTW (90 Overall) - Karlsson SOTW (90 Overall)
*Enstrom SOTW (89 Overall) - Orpik SOTW (87 Overall | Assistant Captain)
Garrison SOTW (87 Overall) - *Carle SOTW (88 Overall)

Anderson SOTW (89 Overall) - Bernier Stanley Cup Edition Free Pack Card (84 Overall)

My 4th line is weak, but I don't use it much. I call my 3rd line the "Energy Line" and it works awesome for me. Enstrom's been good to me, love his speed. And Carle was just demolishing people in his 1st game. Enstrom and Cammalleri came from JenNettles (A.K.A. TheQuadAttack) so thank's again. And the Carle was a winning BID as I mentioned in a previous post. Was looking for a little bit of an upgrade on Defense and a new look/shake up and I got it. Content right now. Also my SOTW Grabner is still on that Points Streak, 35 games now! :yo:

Also have these in my Trade Pile:

+2 All Goalie
UT - Dustin Tokarski Trained 5/5 | 3 Duration
11 GP - Morgan Rielly WJC SOTW
12 GP - Griffin Reinhart WJC SOTW

Talk to me. PS3 - SenzFan2.

Last edited:

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I never really experienced ice tilt myself but I've had multiple games where I'm outshooting, outhitting, winning faceoffs and have my TOA all be 3-4x my opponent but the game is 1-1 going into OT.

I've also had fresh legs on players like Semin, Grabner and Pavelski get chased down by defensemen like Suter, Weber and Byfuglien when they've been on the ice for over two minutes.

I say ice tilt exists, but it's not a game changer like using the magnet stick program (think aimbot for FPS). I've played several of the top players on PS3 and almost each one of them uses it.

If I poke through the puck, skate through your stick and you either don't lose control or the puck barely moves, it's obvious. Especially when it happens all game long.

I'm a top 3000 player on PS3 (about 65 wins, 40-45 losses) and I know how to play the game well. I can easily tell a good player from a flat-out cheater. 15+ years of playing competitively has shown me there are TONS of ways to cheat or exploit games.

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Got an offer of 75,000 pucks for my WJC team. They are all team changed to the NHL teams that drafted them.

1LW: SOTW Huberdeau (PLY 82) <FLA>
1C: Nugent Hopkins (PLY 82) <EDM>
1RW: SOTW Scheifele (C PLY 81) <WPG>
2LW: Danault (C TWF 72) <CHI>
2C: SOTW Strome (PLY 79) <NYI>
2RW: Rattie (SNP 73) <STL>
3LW: Camara (GRN 70) <BOS>
3C: Jenner (TWF 75) <CBJ>
3RW: Ritchie (PWF 71) <DAL>
4LW: Hudon (PLY 69) <MTL>
4C: McNeill (PWF 73) <CHI>
4RW: Lipon (PLY 71) <undrafted>

1LD: Harrington (TWD 73) <PIT>
1RD: SOTW Hamilton (TWD 80) <BOS>
2LD: SOTW Reinhart (TWD 76) <NYI>
2RD: SOTW Murphy (OFD 77) <CAR>
3LD: SOTW Rielly (OFD 76) <TOR>
3RD: Ouellet (LD OFD 71) <DET>

1G: SOTW Subban (HYB 75) <BOS>
2G: Binnington (HYB 69) <STL>

bLD: Wotherspoon (DFD 71) <CGY>
Missing: G Paterson (??? ??) <DET>

I was looking for around 100,000 because of the team changes, but it's not like the offers have been rolling in....

Any thoughts or opinions?

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Got an offer of 75,000 pucks for my WJC team. They are all team changed to the NHL teams that drafted them.

1LW: SOTW Huberdeau (PLY 82) <FLA>
1C: Nugent Hopkins (PLY 82) <EDM>
1RW: SOTW Scheifele (C PLY 81) <WPG>
2LW: Danault (C TWF 72) <CHI>
2C: SOTW Strome (PLY 79) <NYI>
2RW: Rattie (SNP 73) <STL>
3LW: Camara (GRN 70) <BOS>
3C: Jenner (TWF 75) <CBJ>
3RW: Ritchie (PWF 71) <DAL>
4LW: Hudon (PLY 69) <MTL>
4C: McNeill (PWF 73) <CHI>
4RW: Lipon (PLY 71) <undrafted>

1LD: Harrington (TWD 73) <PIT>
1RD: SOTW Hamilton (TWD 80) <BOS>
2LD: SOTW Reinhart (TWD 76) <NYI>
2RD: SOTW Murphy (OFD 77) <CAR>
3LD: SOTW Rielly (OFD 76) <TOR>
3RD: Ouellet (LD OFD 71) <DET>

1G: SOTW Subban (HYB 75) <BOS>
2G: Binnington (HYB 69) <STL>

bLD: Wotherspoon (DFD 71) <CGY>
Missing: G Paterson (??? ??) <DET>

I was looking for around 100,000 because of the team changes, but it's not like the offers have been rolling in....

Any thoughts or opinions?

I'd do it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't SOTW Kessel worth a lot more than Kovalchuk?

About the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking to move SOTW Havlat for pucks or SOTW Eberle.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Do "catchup logic" or "rubberband AI" mean anything to you? It's the same thing, and it reaches Mario Kart levels at times. It is seriously that bad.

TheQuackAttack

Jan 11, 2012
How much is SOTW St.Louis worth? Theres only one on the market for like 270k, so not sure.

250k or so. The 280 one is my buddies though, if you wanted to buy it.

Isn't SOTW Kessel worth a lot more than Kovalchuk?

Nope. Kessel is 130 maybe. Kovalchuk is 150.

I got two trade offers for my OV.

350k + SOTW Kessel

or

375k + Kovalchuk

What do you guys think about those?

Kovalchuk one is slightly better, but you can do better. Tell Ripan I said hi and stop stalking me on these boards <3

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Do "catchup logic" or "rubberband AI" mean anything to you? It's the same thing, and it reaches Mario Kart levels at times. It is seriously that bad.

People who don't believe in ice-tilt must either have great luck or just never play the computer.

I can't tell you how many times I've been dominating then all of a sudden 3 of the weakest goals anyone can ever score happen in a matter of half a period.

Really your higher rated players in this game matter if you are playing vs someone rather than just the AI.

PlayTheTrap

Feb 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
People who don't believe in ice-tilt must either have great luck or just never play the computer.

I can't tell you how many times I've been dominating then all of a sudden 3 of the weakest goals anyone can ever score happen in a matter of half a period.

Really your higher rated players in this game matter if you are playing vs someone rather than just the AI.

Don't I believe this or what?

I can't tell you how many times I have to pull heroics out of my @$$ because the CPU (usually crappy teams like NYI and CBJ) goes up 4-1 or 3-0 in the first period off of shots that a junior goalie can save blindfolded.

PookDo

Sep 7, 2008
Finally beat the Sens of the AHL in the first round of the Pro Tourney.Not just beat them but shut them out 3-0.

Think I finally have a team I'm going to stick with for a while and start piling up pucks

Here's my team and the lines as of now

First line

Michalek - B Richards - W Simmonds (all 85)

M Carle - Z Bogosian ( both 85)

Line 2

JVR 85 - M Fisher 85- Voracek 84

K Timonen 86 - J Carlson 85

Line 3

Hartnell 85- M Talbot 83 - S Downie 85

J Wisniewski 85 - A Meszaros 84

Line 4

R Clowe 85- Colin Wilson 84 - M Read 82

D Pairing is the same as Line 1

Goalies are C Crawford 85 - J Theodore 84 - O Pavelec 85

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Finally got my Elias SOTW and made him the captain. He has some sick stats with that card, 90, 90, 92, 83, 85. So happy :):):):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad