NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
based on the new roster that should be coming out do you think i should blow it up or play games

If you are doing a short-term Be a GM, then keeping it the same isn't that bad an option. Reimer actually develops quite nicely.

But if you are doing a long-term thing (10 years, or 25 years), your best bet is to eliminate as much salary off the books as possible from guys like Lombardi, Komisarek, and Connolly. It's worth getting Kadri and Colborne into the NHL lineup early. They both take a slow rate to develop, but do so very nicely.

I'd focus on bottoming out the first year and landing a MacKinnon or Shinkaruk. If you go full-on rebuild, try getting as many first round/second round picks as you can in the first 2 years of the draft. The first draft in particular, there's some really good Dmen that can be found in the late first/second rounds, which makes having a lot of picks really handy.

Focus on the blue line - The Leafs D is crap in the game, so I would focus on moving out pieces to allow Gardiner to play top minutes (leave Reilly in junior for a single year, then call him up), and try and get as many defensive prospects/young D-men as possible. Personally I always try and go hard after Dougie Hamilton and Duncan Siemans (Boston and Colorado).

After that, just manage your cap heading into year 2. That's the one when lots of high quality free agents become available. You can maybe nab one of the Sedins, or maybe have Getzlaf land in free agency, etc. Get a guy there that can form the core of your team.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Should be updating my CBJ BAGM soon. Just haven't had a lot of time for it lately and hockey being back hasn't helped :laugh:

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
I haven't played GM mode since November but with the season starting I'd like to get back into it. Have any patches been released that fix some of the issues with this game mode? Or is it still as awful as it was at launch?

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place
is Leo Komorov in the game?

Not with the most recent update sadly. I created him using Petrpucks stat suggestions. In my first year Komarov has been decent but nothing special. Ive played a season mode with the marlies and Komarov was playing fantstic. He is stupidly fast and a great hitter.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I haven't played GM mode since November but with the season starting I'd like to get back into it. Have any patches been released that fix some of the issues with this game mode? Or is it still as awful as it was at launch?

A lot of the bugs that plague the GM mode are still there.

The line changes/best lines thing with your AHL team is so incredibly frustrating, and almost puts you off of making regular trades involving your AHL roster.

But with the new(ish) rosters, and newer rosters expected still, it's still a ton of fun.

It seems to me that several players have had their overall and potentials adjusted in the latest roster as well.

I know a lot of people ***** at it, but for me, it's still a TON of fun.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I wish there was some way to know what free agents were available, beyond a list of pending UFAs.

A few occasions where I've left a huge hole on my roster, ready to spend money in free agency because the pending UFA list looks amazing, and then when I get to it, nobody is there.

It would be great if there was some sort of rating of how likely it was that a player hit free agency. For example, if Getzlaf is a pending FA, is it likely he's going to hit free agency? Player doesn't want to re-sign in Anaheim, or Anaheim can't afford him, etc?

Make room on your roster at the deadline for a pending UFA, get to Free Agency, and instead of Getzlaf (or any marquee players), Tim Connolly and Jordan Leopold are the best options available? Annoying.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
lol i was watching the game, AI vs AI and they didn't change, it was weird

You can set the line changes in the load up screens.

Chances are line changes are set to NONE or OFF or whatever the option is.

You can pick either MANUAL, if you play the game and do them yourself, or AUTO if you want them done automatically (plus if you spectate)

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
You can set the line changes in the load up screens.

Chances are line changes are set to NONE or OFF or whatever the option is.

You can pick either MANUAL, if you play the game and do them yourself, or AUTO if you want them done automatically (plus if you spectate)

Back to normal now

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
so here are my lines for the Leafs 2012-2013, tried to make the lines look similar as possible to real life

Forwards
J.Lupul - T.Bozak - P.Kessel
J.Van Reimsdyk - M.Grabovski - N.Kulemin
C.MacArthur - N.Kadri - M.Frattin
C.Orr - J.McClement - M.Brown

Defense
D.Phaneuf - C.Gunnarsson
J.Liles - J.Gardiner
M.Kostka - C.Franson

Goalies
J.Reimer
B.Scrivens

matt1396

Jul 28, 2012
Toronto
I claimed E.Staal off waivers from CAR.... smh because of that my top 6 now consists of Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Perry (via trade), Kessel (via UFA) and Staal… I love and hate how stupid this game can be at times.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The best player I have seen on waivers before is Kimmo Timonen

Apparently people see Jeff Skinner and Crosby, but I don't really buy it

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
The best player I have seen on waivers before is Kimmo Timonen

Apparently people see Jeff Skinner and Crosby, but I don't really buy it

Jeff Skinner and Anze Kopitar the best that I've seen on waivers.

There was a screen shot when the game came out of Kopitar on waivers, and I've seen both myself, so it definitely does happen.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I claimed E.Staal off waivers from CAR.... smh because of that my top 6 now consists of Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Perry (via trade), Kessel (via UFA) and Staal… I love and hate how stupid this game can be at times.

That's unreal haha.

Are you playing with the Cap on? You will have all sorts of issues keeping that top 6 in tact with the cap on.

That's a huge reason why I just play with waivers off now, and then turn them on when I have a waiver wire move to make myself to keep things realistic.

TaylorDeen

Jan 22, 2013
Jeff Skinner and Anze Kopitar the best that I've seen on waivers.

There was a screen shot when the game came out of Kopitar on waivers, and I've seen both myself, so it definitely does happen.

I have seen Crosby go on waivers before doesnt make sense. Also Skinner and someone else. I cant remember haha.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
so here are my lines for the Leafs 2012-2013, tried to make the lines look similar as possible to real life

Forwards
J.Lupul - T.Bozak - P.Kessel
J.Van Reimsdyk - M.Grabovski - N.Kulemin
C.MacArthur - N.Kadri - M.Frattin
C.Orr - J.McClement - M.Brown

Defense
D.Phaneuf - C.Gunnarsson
J.Liles - J.Gardiner
M.Kostka - C.Franson

Goalies
J.Reimer
B.Scrivens

Going for realism with the Leafs won't get you anywhere.

That roster is quite terrible - it will simulate relatively decently because it will get goals and Reimer is a lot better than his overall states (his poise brings him down).

But if you are looking for sustained success with the Leafs time to wheel and deal

TaylorDeen

Jan 22, 2013

That roster is quite terrible - it will simulate relatively decently because it will get goals and Reimer is a lot better than his overall states (his poise brings him down).

But if you are looking for sustained success with the Leafs time to wheel and deal

I actually was successful keeping the roster almost the same. Only thing i did was grab a #1 centre and a top 6 D. Reimer plays very good for his overall. Gardiner because a stud,Rielly does, Kadri and Colbourne i find dont progress very well in the game. I have gotten Colbourne to 83 overall and kadri to 82. I just use them for the 3rd line.

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada

well in the '12 draft i was able to draft Mikhail Grigorenko, Alex Galchenyuk and Morgan Reilly and i will probably go with that lineup for the '12-'13 season to see how they do

PS: what strategies are good for defensive hockey?

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007
I have seen Crosby go on waivers before doesnt make sense. Also Skinner and someone else. I cant remember haha.

Haven't seen anything like that 4 years in. Oddest waiver was a 4 gold star defenseman, don't remember who. Was a 74 but obviously has alot of room to grow.

That and I keep having to claim Kurtis Foster every deadline because it's impossible to keep defensemen healthy. Used 11 this regular season, and Foster was the 12th to be put on the roster.

EDIT: Correction, 12 defensemen played in the NHL this season (forgot I claimed Aaron Rome and then traded him off with a 5 for 3). Counting Foster, 13 defensemen are on the roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad