NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
14/15 Season:

Taylor Hall (85) - Evgeni Malkin (91) - Charlie Coyle (76)
Kaspars Daugavins (80) - RNH (80) - MSL (89)
Jaden Schwartz (81) - Joe Pavelski (85) - T.J. Oshie (83)
Jonathan Huberdeau (69) - Tomas Hertl (64) - Emerson Etem (70)

Zdeno Chara (90) - Dan Boyle (87)
Karl Alzner (86) - Brent Burns (89)
Brendan Gormley (80) - Ryan Murray (80)

Riku Helenius (80)
Some Euro (70)

A mix of entry level contracts and high priced superstars. Going to have to sell off Chara, Boyle and MSL this offseason to make more room and get some value for them while I can.

This was done on a fantasy draft (obviously). I played the draft very well (IMO) and did mortgage my future a bit to put this team together, but they are fun to play with.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
M. Pacioretty (85)-C. Player (99)-B.Gallagher (78)
R. Jones (80)-A. Galchenyuk (87)-P. Parenteau (81)
D. Smith-Pelley (79)-L. Leblanc (80)-M. Fisher (79)
B. Geoffrion (76)-A. Watson (78)-R. Johansen (77)

Scratches: T. Leivo (77)

J. Morrissey (88)-P. Subban (87)
N. Beaulieu (82)-S. Depres (84)
J. Tinordi (80)-R. Ristolainen (80)

Scratch: E. Mapletoft (80)

C. Price (90)
R. Rinne (76)​

Currently in the 2017-2018 season, which I'm not simulating. I realize its cheating to have a player with stacked ratings, but we play for fun eh? Scoring is down from previous years with only top centre at a ppg. I would like to acquire another top 6 winger but I'm pleased with Gallagher's performance to date on the top line, especially after being patient with his development. I am also very pleased with my defense this year. Currently sitting on top of the eastern conference at 11-2-2.

Guess he's named Created Player? :laugh: And what is his contract amount

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Since I find that many people are baffled how Be-A-GM works, i've decided to do a couple posts on what to do to get a superstar club and to have a legit Be-A-GM experience. Here is the first part:

Starting Up

When you start a GM, it is highly recommended to review your roster before starting the season and look for these three things:

1. Superstars: Who are the studs on your team that will be leading this team and maybe years to come? These do not necessarily have to be players like Crosby and Datysuk, but can be lower guys like Erikkson and Perry.

2. Goalie: Do have a goalie that will be good enough to play your entire GM depending on the length? Recommended overall is from 84-85+ depending on your playing style.

3. Prospects: Who are your future good players? Covet 4.5 stars as they are your true future in this mode of NHL 13.

One key point in Be-A-Gm is the trading aspect and early on you may see that teams are willing to give up superstar prospects like Duncan Siemens and Alex Galchenyuk. Personally I don't like trading for these types of players as we all know in real-life their team would never give them up. But I also feel you can go after 3.5 and 4 star players if necessary since they will one day be the depth of your club i.e. 2nd and 3rd liners.

One thing that is important is to find what path you want to take in the season. Do you want to be the best team in the league, or would you rather break Edmonton's streak for consecutive 1st overall picks? Your's and your rosters choice.

That's all for this segment and I will post more later.

mighty mason

Jan 1, 2013
Since I find that many people are baffled how Be-A-GM works, i've decided to do a couple posts on what to do to get a superstar club and to have a legit Be-A-GM experience. Here is the first part:

Starting Up

When you start a GM, it is highly recommended to review your roster before starting the season and look for these three things:

1. Superstars: Who are the studs on your team that will be leading this team and maybe years to come? These do not necessarily have to be players like Crosby and Datysuk, but can be lower guys like Erikkson and Perry.

2. Goalie: Do have a goalie that will be good enough to play your entire GM depending on the length? Recommended overall is from 84-85+ depending on your playing style.

3. Prospects: Who are your future good players? Covet 4.5 stars as they are your true future in this mode of NHL 13.

One key point in Be-A-Gm is the trading aspect and early on you may see that teams are willing to give up superstar prospects like Duncan Siemens and Alex Galchenyuk. Personally I don't like trading for these types of players as we all know in real-life their team would never give them up. But I also feel you can go after 3.5 and 4 star players if necessary since they will one day be the depth of your club i.e. 2nd and 3rd liners.

One thing that is important is to find what path you want to take in the season. Do you want to be the best team in the league, or would you rather break Edmonton's streak for consecutive 1st overall picks? Your's and your rosters choice.

That's all for this segment and I will post more later.

What would u do with Toronto? im waiting for the new rosters tho

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Something I'd definitively suggest for anyone just starting is, when acquiring prospects, to look not only at their potential and player type but also their current stats. You will want to acquire the guys who already have respectable skating stats, plus strength and balance.

The reason behind this is that no matter how many stars your prospect has or whether if he's a sniper or a grinder, growth will mostly occur with the offensive and the "soft" defensive stats. For whatever reason, skating and most physical stats grow very poorly. Also when acquiring center prospects, look at their faceoff stat. That number won't grow either so whatever the player got at that moment will stick. Anything above 70 is acceptable there as CPU teams will face the same problem.

As for goalies, you can honestly get by with "passengers" goaltenders, I'd say if he's at least 82 he can start. Save percentages are higher than the usual and any goalie seem to be able to go on crazy streaks so if you feel like you need to spend elsewhere on the roster, don't feel too uncomfortable.

With the following roster my first season (OVR could be a wee off, doing this from memory):

Kane (83) - Getzlaf (88) - Hemsky (84)
Ladd (83) - Zajac (84) - Wheeler (82)
Glencross (81) - Bolland (83) - B. Schenn (78)
Burmistrov (77) - Malhotra (78) - Wellwood (77)

(Added Iginla for Glencross + at the deadline)

MDZ (83) - Byfuglien (87)
Sbisa (83) - Bogosian (84)
Created Player (78) - Bieksa (83)

Pavelec (82) won 59 games. With Auld (77) playing some games, the team racked went 63-12-7 and won the Stanley Cup, with Pavelec winning playoffs MVP. I did play a lot of games but I can safely say my simulation winning rate was way higher.

Last edited:

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place
:leafs

TORONTO SACKS BRIAN BURKE! REPLACEMENT GM SHOCKS THE HOCKEY WORLD!!

Jan 9th 2013- MLSE have shocked the entire hockey world after they sacked GM Brian Burke and hired a young unknown GM straight out of college. MLSE decided to hire young GM Andrew Dobson straight out of college, Andrew has been involved in hockey for basically his entire life and MLSE decided to go a different route after firing GM Brian Burke. 'We wanted a quieter, more business like GM' Suggested the MLSE repersentee, 'and we think we got just that in young GM Andrew Dobson'.

When asked about his plan for the team GM Andrew Dobson said ' My goal for this team is to win now. With Randy as our coach we will be looking to form a elite defensive team with big defensemen who like to crush bodies and also defensively responsible forwards

Hours after this signing TSN insider Bob Mackenzie tweeted

Minor league trade between Toronto and the New York Islanders. Toronto receives waiver wire pick up and hulking defensemen Joe Finley, NYI receives Right Winger Tyler Brenner.

Heading into the shortened 41 game season, the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Marlies will have the following rosters.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Lupul (84)- Connolly (82)- Kessel (86)
Macarther (83)- Grabovski (82)- Van Riemsdyk (82)
Kulemin (82)- Mcclement (79)- Bozak (80)
Komarov (69)- Steckel (76)- Brown (72)
X- Orr (64)

Phaneuf (89)- Gunnarsson (82)
Liles (82)- Gardiner (81)
Komisarek (78)- Franson (79)
X- Mottou (75)

Reimer (78)
Screivens (71)

Toronto Marlies

Fratten (72)- Kadri (77)- Ashton (73)
Deschamps (72)- Colborne (76)- Aucoin (74)
Osala (70)- D' Amigo (70)- Hamilton (68)
Acton (61)- Scott (67)- Flaake (51)

Fraser (74)- Holzer (72)
Kostka (71)- Gysbers (71)
Finley (65)- Blacker (68)
X- Yeo (65)

Rynnas (64)
Owuya (63)

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place

Toronto makes long expected splash

lucic.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs have made a 3 player deal with the Boston Bruins. Toronto will receive gritty left winger Milan Lucic, a 2nd round pick and a 4th round pick both on the 2013 draft. The Leafs send young left winger Nikolai Kuleman and offensively gifted defensemen John- Micheal Liles.

"The organization have had our eyes set on Milan for ages now. When Peter approached me regarding Kulie i knew what the asking price would be... The draft picks are just the icing on the cake in a very deep draft this year."

Rumor has it the leafs might be looking out for another top 6 defensemen after trading away Liles. The Leafs have had a slow start to the year, dropping their first 3 games, and most figured the leafs needed a shake up. This could be the first move of many as young Andrew Dobson attempts to reshape his team.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
Alright so I'm going to do a GM between New Jersey or Florida which should I choose? I really want a challenge

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Alright so I'm going to do a GM between New Jersey or Florida which should I choose? I really want a challenge

I would say Florida. They don't have a goaltender over 78 overall in the club and, going off of memory of skimming over the team, I don't believe they have that great of prospects. I could be wrong about the second part though.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I would say Florida. They don't have a goaltender over 78 overall in the club and, going off of memory of skimming over the team, I don't believe they have that great of prospects. I could be wrong about the second part though.

HUBERDEAU always gets to an 89 for me.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto

If you want a challenge I'd say go with New Jersey. Florida isn't much better but they have some good pieces in Weiss, Kulikov, Campbell as well as Huberdeau and Markstrom. Where as the Devils have pretty much no prospects and the only valuable players they have not over the age of 35 are Kovalchuk and Clarkson.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
If you want a challenge I'd say go with New Jersey. Florida isn't much better but they have some good pieces in Weiss, Kulikov, Campbell as well as Huberdeau and Markstrom. Where as the Devils have pretty much no prospects and the only valuable players they have not over the age of 35 are Kovalchuk and Clarkson.

Yeah I was thinking that too but have you gotten the new roster update yet? In it, along with Adam Henrique, there are three other 4 star prospects with loads of other depth also.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom

I did one with Florida simming only and they were terrible the first 3 seasons. I didn't dismantle the roster or trade up for picks and ended up taking guys like Drouin at #3, Ekblad #1

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007

I'm in a Devils one now, albeit off the default rosters, I only play every 6th game during the regular season. I've yet to miss the playoffs, 1st year was the only year it was close, and now the organization from top to bottom is dominant.

It wasn't that hard, they start with alot of cap manuverability and the cap explodes. I'm having a hard time making the floor.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
In regards to which is harder: NJ or Florida, I just started one with Florida and this is my roster heading into year two:

Huberdeau (84) - Mueller (86) - Boedker (79)
Flieschmann (83) - Weiss (85) - Versteeg (83)
Upshall (79) - Matthias (78) - Bergenheim (79)
Shore (75) - Goc (78) - don't remember

Kulikov (87) - Campbell (85)
Barker (85) - Gudbranson (84)
Ellerby (80) - Robak (76)

Markstrom (79)
Thomas (86)

Thomas will get quite a few starts, signed him in the offseason so the goalie tandam wouldn't be Markstrom - Clemmenson. No players were edited and the only trades I've made so far were Vincent Trocheck and a 3rd for Mikael Boedker.

We finished fourth last in year one (yet only eight points out of the playoffs) and traded up to 2nd overall to draft Jonathan Drouin. It hasn't been very difficult so far and I expect to make the playoffs this season.

-----------------------------

I think NJ is probably harder, less offensive depth, weaker prospect pool, and they don't have a young goalie in the game.

pensrule2011

Apr 5, 2012
I am super mad right now because apparently nobody wants bobby ryan so here's what happened. I have a stacked lineup going into 2017-2018 but the problem is Ryan doesnt fit anywhere into my lineup: (This is the Anaheim Ducks by the way)

Patrick Kane (88) - Ryan Getzlaf (88) - Corey Perry (88)
Sam Reinhart (84) - Morgan Klimchuk (84) - Emerson Etem (84)
Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall (82) - James Sheppard (81) - Alesander Barkov (82)
Matt Beleskey (78) - William Karlsson (80) - Martin Johansson (74)

Cam Fowler (88) - Jani Hakapani (84)
Jordan Leopold (84) - Sami Vatanen (86)
Keaton Lowe (82) - Johnny Boychuk (81)

John Gibson (84)
Richard Ullberg (81)

And who does that leave out? None other than Bobby Ryan (85) which for some reason is untradable. I need him out for two reasons

1. Alesander Barkov is a RFA right now and I need him since on the third line he totaled 50 points to be runner-up for the calder. But I cant sign him because of Ryan's 6.500m contract that doesn't end until 4 seasons.

2. I am going to need to resign Reinhart and Etem next year which we all know is going to be an ordeal so I need to free cap space for them too.

Ugh...

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place

The leafs slowly recover from a pitiful start

The leafs are slowly rebounding from a very slow start. 11 games into a shortened 41 game season the blue and white are sitting in 12th in the east with a record of 4-5-2. The leafs have been playing some inspired hockey recently but there season has been full of ups and downs. With gritty winger Leo Komarov due back in the line up with in a few days, expect some shake ups. Recent addition Milan Lucic will likely drop down to the 2nd line with center Mikhail Grabovski and winger Clarke McAurther while sniper and leading goal scorer Joffery Lupul makes the jump back to the first line.

Early in the season the leafs defense core has been a major disappointment. Recent waiver pick up Ryan O'Bryne has been one of the leafs top defensemen, notching an impressive 7 points in 14 games slip between the Colorado Avalanche and Toronto Maple Leafs. Not bad for a 6th-7th defensemen. The leafs have been reportedly searching the trade blocks for additional defensemen, namely two 2nd pairing shut down d men. Anton Volchenkov has been suggested in many rumors coming out of leafs land but it is unclear on his availability as he is currently cementing a week defensive core in New Jersey.

Dobbie71064

Go Thrashers!
Dec 29, 2010
A cold place

The Toronto Maple leafs make a pair of trades.

Early this moring Toronto GM Andrew Dobson announced he had made a pair of moves. The first move would be a move that leaf fans had been expecting for some time now. The Leafs traded Clarke McAurther and prospect Joshua Levio to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for veteran shut down defensemen Anton Volchenkov and a second round draft pick in 2013. "Volchenkov is the first piece on our shut down pairing, he is a big bodyed defensemen who can hit and is also one of the NHL's top shot blocking defensemen. To get Anton we had to give up a significant amount, Clarke was having decent season with 5 pts (2+3) in 10 games but the emergence of some of our younger players such as Van Riemsdyk (2+2=4) and Kadri who also has 4 pts in 8 games, Macaurther became somewhat expendable.

Volchekov.png.html

Toronto aquires veteran shut down dman Anton Volchenkov seen here.

The Toronto Maple leafs also aquired the second piece of their shut down pairing in a move that send Cody Franson and a 2nd round pick (Boston) to Washington in exchange for a Karl Alzner. To the leafs, Franson just wasnt playing well enough to deserve top 4 minutes beside Volchenkov, Franson has warranted much attention from various teams around the league and GM Andrew Dobson finally decided to pull the trigger.

After these two moves the leafs current line up is as follows...

Toronto Maple Leafs

Lupul (84)- Bozak (80)- Kessel (86)
Lucic (84)- Grabovski (82)- Van Reimskdyk (82)
Kadri (77)- Mcclement (79)- Brown (72)
Komarov (69)- Steckel (76)- Orr (64)
X- Deschamps (72)

Phaneuf (89)- Gardiner (81)
Volchenkov (82)- Alzner (84)
Gunnarsson (82)- Komisarek (79)
X- O'Bryne (76), Mottau (75)

Riemer (78)
Screivens (71)

The Reaper

Men of Mayhem
Dec 29, 2010
Canada
Decided to restart my Leafs GM

Draft Day 2012

Trades

To Leafs - 2012 - 3rd Round Pick

To Islanders - Mike Komisarek

To Leafs - 2013 - 1st Round Pick and a 2012 - 2nd Round Pick

To Rangers - Tim Connolly

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I am super mad right now because apparently nobody wants bobby ryan so here's what happened. I have a stacked lineup going into 2017-2018 but the problem is Ryan doesnt fit anywhere into my lineup: (This is the Anaheim Ducks by the way)

Patrick Kane (88) - Ryan Getzlaf (88) - Corey Perry (88)
Sam Reinhart (84) - Morgan Klimchuk (84) - Emerson Etem (84)
Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall (82) - James Sheppard (81) - Alesander Barkov (82)
Matt Beleskey (78) - William Karlsson (80) - Martin Johansson (74)

Cam Fowler (88) - Jani Hakapani (84)
Jordan Leopold (84) - Sami Vatanen (86)
Keaton Lowe (82) - Johnny Boychuk (81)

John Gibson (84)
Richard Ullberg (81)

And who does that leave out? None other than Bobby Ryan (85) which for some reason is untradable. I need him out for two reasons

1. Alesander Barkov is a RFA right now and I need him since on the third line he totaled 50 points to be runner-up for the calder. But I cant sign him because of Ryan's 6.500m contract that doesn't end until 4 seasons.

2. I am going to need to resign Reinhart and Etem next year which we all know is going to be an ordeal so I need to free cap space for them too.

Ugh...

Had the identical situation happen to me with Cam Barker.

Signed him as a FA, for I think 2 years.

During those 2 years, I got at least 2 dozen trade offers for him. All sorts of combinations of picks, prospects, and everything. But he played really well for me (out performed del Zotto).

At the end of year 2 I think, I have to re-up a bunch of Rangers, and when I try to do that, I realize that I need Barker off the books.

Try and trade him, and the once highly sought after Dman, is now a Dman who nobody wants to risk taking because of the contract.

Confused. I even offered to take salary back, or take nothing but a 7th round pick in 5 years time back, but nobody will bite.

I eventually had to buy out. Wasn't bad, I think it was 1.3 mill over 2 seasons, which was fine, but it was an annoying ordeal nonetheless.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

Both are actually really fun but I'll say New Jersey.

Outside of Larsson they don't really have much going for them. Henrique doesn't sim well at all, and Brodeur needs replacing early.

Florida is equally challenging, but with Huberdeau waiting in a few years time, Gudbranson and Markstrom ready to develop into franchise goalies, and one or two players that simulate really well (Versteeg and Weiss to name a few), it's pretty straight forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad