NHL 13 Dynasty Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleDose86

Nov 23, 2010
Toronto
Hey guys, just wondering is it possible to fix the Draft picks when you start a be-a-gm? I put authentic and Columbus doesn't own LA's or NYR's.

The Rangers do have Nash though, so am I doing something wrong? or is it the game? I did it authentic draft picks.

Tried searching but I keep getting brought to connected leagues talking about draft picks, and not how to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Spacecorn

Jul 4, 2012
The moon
Won the cup my first year with the Calgary Flames.
Here's the roster I won with:

:flames 45-30-7

M.Cammalleri (85) - A.MacDonald (81) - J.Iginla (86)
A.Tanguay (83) - M.Stajan (82) - J.Hudler (81)
C.Glenncross (82) - M.Backlund (77) - M.Hejduk (78)
B.Comeau (79) - J.Halpern (74) - B.Bitz (73)

J.Bouwmeester (86) - M.Giordano (85)
D.Widman (82) - S.Robidas (82)
C.Butler (78) - J.Spacek (78)

M.Kiprusoff (87)
H.Karlsson (77)

During the season I've acquired R.Murray, D.Siemens, and J.Morrow. The AI offered me these players I didn't go and try acquire them. At the Draft I traded Wideman and Morrow for C.Phillips and Ottawas 5 overall pick (they already had the 2nd) and I Drafted R.Pulock. TJ.Bordie, M.Backlund, L.Ivring and S.Bärtschi are still on my team. I also simulated the whole season didn't play one game.

Last edited:

Dont Hinder Jinder

Friend of Rick Bognar
Oct 14, 2011
Hey guys, just wondering is it possible to fix the Draft picks when you start a be-a-gm? I put authentic and Columbus doesn't own LA's or NYR's.

The Rangers do have Nash though, so am I doing something wrong? or is it the game? I did it authentic draft picks.

Tried searching but I keep getting brought to connected leagues talking about draft picks, and not how to fix my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Did you download the roster update before?
If so did you select "current" roster, and not "default"

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Yea, using newest update, and have it set to current rosters (after loading) Still every team has a 1st rounder.

Unfortunately there is no way to fix the draft picks unless you want to go through and do the adjustments once the game has begun. To do this you'd have to give up considerable assets, so I'd just ignore it.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
:devils 2016-17 Season

Kovalcuk (90) - H. Sedin (89) - Kessel (88)
Nyquist (88) - Mackinnon (84) - Henrique (84)
Ott (79) - Eller (84) - Horton (84)
Horcoff (78) - Bouma (78) - Maxwell (79)

Murray (87) - Pulock (87)
Rielly (86) - Larsson (85)
Greene (80) - Lowe (78)

Giuliano (89)
Gustafsson (83)

DoubleDose86

Nov 23, 2010
Toronto
Unfortunately there is no way to fix the draft picks unless you want to go through and do the adjustments once the game has begun. To do this you'd have to give up considerable assets, so I'd just ignore it.

Yea looks like thats what I'm going to do, I use the Leafs, was just hoping for Columbus to get some help.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just experienced the most stacked top 3 in a draft ever.

I keep track of the top 3 in every year btw.

So, first is a goalie, I go look at him after the next season has started, overall 73 with 5 stars. I think thats only the second time i've seen any drafted player being 5 stars... I was impressed.

The second pick? A goalie. 71 overall with 5 stars.... again.

3rd pick was a LW who was 19. Now usually an 18/19 year old is about 65-73 while 20's are about 78-81. (that early) . Well, this 19 is already overall 82 with 4 and a half star potential.. already playing in the NHL with 7 goals and 5 assists in 16 games..

I wish I would have got in on those picks..

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Just experienced the most stacked top 3 in a draft ever.

I keep track of the top 3 in every year btw.

So, first is a goalie, I go look at him after the next season has started, overall 73 with 5 stars. I think thats only the second time i've seen any drafted player being 5 stars... I was impressed.

The second pick? A goalie. 71 overall with 5 stars.... again.

3rd pick was a LW who was 19. Now usually an 18/19 year old is about 65-73 while 20's are about 78-81. (that early) . Well, this 19 is already overall 82 with 4 and a half star potential.. already playing in the NHL with 7 goals and 5 assists in 16 games..

I wish I would have got in on those picks..

I would of gotten in on it. Did you check prospects out on the 22nd? If you did you should of gotten one of them.

Benzy19

Sep 29, 2012
In my 3rd year as Ottawa, tanked the first 2 years(got like 10 1st picks), my best two were Mackinnon and Reinhart.

My team looks like:

Michalek(85)-Spezza(88)-Mackinnon(76-great OFF ratings)
Silfverberg(78)-Turris(83)-Zibanejad(76)
Raymond(81)-Stoll(83)-Smith(83)
Greening(77)-Brule(81)-O'Brien(79)

Cowen(84)-Karlsson(89)
Phillips(84)-Ceci(76)
Schultz(83)-Berglund(82)

Lehner(78, this pisses me off as he is one of the best prospects in the NHL)
Bishop(73)

I am playing the games this year and so far I'm 8-5, just played the Rangers and their team is crazy. They have Richards, Gaborik, Nash, Hagelin, Kreider and Bumistrov as their top 6, there buttom 6 is a bunch of low 70s... BUT their D is AMAZING. Chara, Mcdonnaugh, Staal, Girardi, Sauer and some young stud(21 and 85 all ready) and Lundqvist in net. Scoring on them was nearly impossible.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I would of gotten in on it. Did you check prospects out on the 22nd? If you did you should of gotten one of them.

Well, I was scouting til about february and nothing seemed too good so I basically forgot about checking it out.

Then I looked at the top 3 afterwards...Sucks aha

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Updated the rosters from OS. They seemed okay, better than EA's for sure but still some oddities like Prust being 65 Ovr and Bissonette 69... :D

Started a BaGM with Coyotes from the pre season. Their defence is stacked with OEL, Yandle, Michalek, Klesla. Traded Morris and 2nd to Vancouver for N. Jensen and 3rd.

In the pre-season Anaheim offered me Koivu, Selanne and pick for some prospects. Countered and got Selanne for a low prospect + 3rd. Really needed a top 6 player.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Would you make this trade if you're the kings?

Brown + Toffoli + Bottom 6 player
for
Neal + 1st Rounder + Defensive Depth Player

My lines would then be:

Benn - Richards - Williams/Grabner
Neal - Kopitar - Grabner/Williams
Penner - Stoll - Frolik
Parse - Loktionov - Richardson

Doughty - Greene
Martinez - Scuderi
Mitchell - Hickey

Quick
Nabakov/Ellis

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
:edmonton 2016-17

Hall 87 - Malkin 93 - Eberle 89
S. Reinhart 86 - H. Sedin 90 - Galchenyuk 86
Shinkaruk 85 - J. Staal 85 - Filatov 86
T. Jokinen 79 - Malhotra 78 - Rissanen 76

Phaneuf 87 - Murray 87
Morrissey 87 - Whitney 85
Siemens 83 - Marincin 79

Gibson 86
Dansk 66

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Also just started my third year with Ottawa, but I have a bit of a different mix:

S. Bartschi SNP 85 - J. Spezza PLY 87 - R. Callahan GRN 83

M. Michalek SNP 84 - W. Karlsson PLY 80 - Z. Kassian PWF 82

G. Latendresse PWF 80 - Z. Smith GRN 82 - D. Cleary TWF 80

S. OTT GRN 79 - C. Kelly GRN 78 - D. Winnik TWF 78

J. McClement GRN 77

C. Phillips DFD 83 - E. Karlsson OFD 87

L. Visnovsky OFD 83 - J. Cowen DFD 79

T. Lydman DFD 79 - S. Eminger TWD 77

B. Lee TWD 76

J. Campbell HYB 84

J. Hudacek BUT 79

$12MM under the cap, saving for a big free-agent or trade.

Armia NHL ready but playing on the farm, first call-up. Zibanejad and Stone nearly NHL ready. Two huge DFD in the minors almost ready too.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Going to start a Montreal Canadiens dynasty. Interested to see how far I can make it playing the team I like the least! :laugh: Figured it might keep me honest though!

My house rules:
I will only make trade/signings in the offseason, so before the start of play and then nothing until next year.
I will only play home games during regular season and playoffs; so home ice could play a huge factor for me in the playoffs.
I will not pick up any players on waivers.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
It’s been twenty years since they raised the Cup, and over thirty since the dynasty years of the 1970s, so Montreal Canadiens fans have a significant sense of what have you done for me lately? And the answer in recent years has been, not so much.
The team rode a hot goalie to the Conference finals in 2010, but fizzled the next year in the first round to the Boston Bruins, their second opening round loss to the long time rival in three years, and then collapsed to have one of the worst records in hockey last season.
All these recent failures meant change was brewing, and this offseason saw it all come to realization. First, a change in leadership, tycoon Patrick Wayne bought the team and named himself general manager. Wayne then made a head coaching change releasing interim coach Randy Cunneyworth and hiring Michel Therrien, who coached the team from 2000-3.
The Canadiens also made sweeping changes to the roster, via trade and free agency, bolstering both their size and skill. In the nets, goaltender Carey Price was re-signed to a large multiyear contract. Over the last two seasons, Price has grown into one of the best tenders in the game.
With the personnel changes, the style of play should change dramatically, this is no longer a smaller team that will be bullied around, there is now size and strength throughout the lineup, which should help change the dynamics of the Northeast division where physical play is the norm.
Montreal will go as far as Price can carry them, but with a bigger, more skilled team in front of him, that could be far. Can they return to the glory days of yesteryear? Probably not right away but they will contend, and just getting to the dance puts you in position for anything to happen.

Opening day line-up:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Erik Cole ($4.500m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Max Pacioretty ($1.625m)
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Dominic Moore ($1.100m) / Colby Armstrong ($1.000m)

DEFENSEMEN
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Josh Gorges ($3.900m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Mike Komisarek ($4.500m)
Alexei Emelin ($2.000m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)

GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.150m)

BUYOUTS
Scott Gomez ($3.524m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,832,143; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,367,857

Full of guys I love to hate!! :laugh:

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
Time to play everyone's favorite game, good or bad deal:
I'm the New York Islanders in a GM connected.
~
To NYI: 2014 - 3rd round pick (NJ)
To NJ: Mark Eaton
~
To TB: Cam Barker, 2013 2nd round pick (NYI)
To NYI: Martin St. Louis
~
To CGY: Casey Cizikas, Adam Pelech, and 2 others
To NYI: Miikka Kiprusoff, Jarome Iginla
~
To WPG: Loic Leduc
To NYI: 2013 - 4th, 5th, 6th round picks
~
To SJ: Riley Emmerson, Griffin Reinhart, 2 others
To NYI: Nick Petrecki, Logan Couture and 2 others
~
I think the "others" are all just ahl or unsigned players.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Time to play everyone's favorite game, good or bad deal:
I'm the New York Islanders in a GM connected.
~
To NYI: 2014 - 3rd round pick (NJ)
To NJ: Mark Eaton
~
To TB: Cam Barker, 2013 2nd round pick (NYI)
To NYI: Martin St. Louis
~
To CGY: Casey Cizikas, Adam Pelech, and 2 others
To NYI: Miikka Kiprusoff, Jarome Iginla
~
To WPG: Loic Leduc
To NYI: 2013 - 4th, 5th, 6th round picks
~
To SJ: Riley Emmerson, Griffin Reinhart, 2 others
To NYI: Nick Petrecki, Logan Couture and 2 others
~
I think the "others" are all just ahl or unsigned players.

Wow, you won all of the trades. The Eaton/3rd Round was the only even trade. The other trades you won AINEC.

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
How do you make your prospects play in major junior not AHL?

If they are young enough (and signed) then the game will tell you "This player must be sent back to Major Junior" when you attempt to send them down from your NHL roster on the roster moves page. I believe the rule is any player in the CHL who will turn 20 by December goes to the AHL while the rest go back to Major Junior. This should apply to any player you've drafted and signed out of the CHL and will not apply to players outside of North America.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Kesler
Frolik
Cal O'Reilly

For:

Sharp
Nyquist

Who wins?

Who ever got Sharp and Nyquist that is a terrible trade for the other team. Nyquist becomes a 87 or higher in 2 years or less, along with Sharp who is very good for O' Reilly who is pretty good and Frolik who is a throwaway Kesler is really good but doesn't make up for eveything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad