Stick Checking 68

Acceleration 85
Agility 86
Balance 72
Durability 76
Endurance 76
Speed 85
Strength 71

Hand-eye is a bit underrated for offensive ratings, but playmaking and offensive awareness are the most important for a pass first player. It looks like your shooting could use some help. Your puck control is probably good for a while. Deking I'd do only after those others I mentioned are high enough for your liking.

Defensively, you'll want shot blocking and stick checking as a technical player. Defensive awareness will help picking off passes but won't affect your manually controlled positioning.

Skatingwise you've got it right - all speed and acceleration with a bit of agility. Balance is next. Endurance and durability are useless.

Hawkmoon

Aug 22, 2012
Hand-eye is a bit underrated for offensive ratings, but playmaking and offensive awareness are the most important for a pass first player. It looks like your shooting could use some help. Your puck control is probably good for a while. Deking I'd do only after those others I mentioned are high enough for your liking.

Defensively, you'll want shot blocking and stick checking as a technical player. Defensive awareness will help picking off passes but won't affect your manually controlled positioning.

Skatingwise you've got it right - all speed and acceleration with a bit of agility. Balance is next. Endurance and durability are useless.

Hand-eye is nothing I have thought that much of improving to be honest. With the small frame and the low strength my player is not that good when being in front of the goal. I usually try to time my skating to just skate in front of the keeper when the shot is coming instead of actually be there and fight. So hand-eye is not that useful for me in that sense anyway.

Defensive awareness is something I want to boost because I want to be able to pick the puck up when the pass is hit "through" me.

Is balance good for the skating itself or only for keeping the balance? I prefer to boost agility and acceleration before I boost speed I may add. Is that a bad choice perhaps?

My shooting is bad yes I must admit. Should I boost shooting strength or shooting accuracy first and what level should I aim for to have a decent shot at NHL level? I pretty much always use wrist shots I may add and always from quite close range and in the slot. Most preferably I use the defenders as a screen to make it harder for the keeper that way.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Balance is pretty much about getting checked as far as I can tell. I personally do speed before agility but I also play a pwf so...

Shooting power seems like it helps more. I seem to be able to snipe even with crap accuracy.

Hawkmoon

Aug 22, 2012
Balance is pretty much about getting checked as far as I can tell. I personally do speed before agility but I also play a pwf so...

Shooting power seems like it helps more. I seem to be able to snipe even with crap accuracy.

Ok! Hand eye, is that also about getting control of those loose pucks btw?

Hawkmoon

Aug 22, 2012
Offensive Awarness does that.
Hand-Eye helps with deflections and batting pucks.

Ok. Was wondering because I feel like I seem to miss those lose those free pucks much more often than I win them. Is Offensive Awareness what decides who gets those rebounds from the keeper as well or is that Hand-Eye as well when making those automatic batting the puck in the open net etc?

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
It's a little of both from what I can tell, with more weight to offensive awareness. But picking up rebounds in 12 is damn near impossible anyway, so...

DekiSystem

Still Playing NHL 2001
May 23, 2012
With the potential of an upcoming lockout, <sarcasm> I guess i'll have to take my pro to go play in the KHL for the 2012-2013 season. I wonder if EA will let me do that..</sarcasm>
I might just simulate the 2012-13 season to make it look realistic on my Be-A-Pro or something. I really wish I could sign with the European leagues but that's not going to happen.

Tuktuk

Aug 28, 2012
New York
Name: Matthieu Henry (related to Thierry Henry, famous Arsenal striker)
Birthplace: Paris, France
Height: 188 cm
Weight: 82 kg
Role: Left Winger, Sniper
CHL team: Quebec Remparts, QMJHL
NHL Draft: 1st overall, Colorado Avalanche
Stats in Memorial Cup playoffs: GP-4, G-22, A-2, 24 PTS, 10 PIM, +/- 27
Won the Memorial Cup with Quebec Remparts, team leading scorer
Difficulty-Pro
(Finally, after trying a few times, I managed to put up some Gretzky-esque numbers. :handclap: A lot of this was sheer luck and some old fashioned dekes. Managed a hat trick in each game, too. The 10 PIM was for fighting the captain of the Kootenay Ice, Drew Czerwonka, twice. The guy was putting some dirty hits on Grigorenko, I wasn't taking any of that. :rant: Got drafted by the Avs, funny enough seeing that Roy is the manager of the Remparts. Coincidence? Maybe. :naughty: I like to think they traded up for the 1st pick on his advice. The 1st line of him, Duchene and Parenteau is an absolute goal scoring powerhouse, with the 2nd line harboring Stastny and Landeskog. I'm absolutely loving this kid on the ice, hope he turns out an even better athlete than his father was!)

-PS- I'm new to the Be a Pro mode, and since I won't be buying NHL 13, does anyone have any advice on how I should level up my skater and/or approach the game? I've only been using screen slapshot goals and simple dekes to score. :help:

lati4

Feb 26, 2012
possible put up the difficulty so you aren't getting 22 goals in 4 games

Tuktuk

Aug 28, 2012
New York
Yeah, I suppose. Like I said, it took me a few replays of games to put up those numbers, I wanted to make sure I was drafted 1st overall. I'm usually playing on All-Star difficulty, but I thought it would be fun to absolutely dominate in the CHL. I've been starting to add my stats so that I can be a little more like a power forward, or at least so that I'm not getting knocked around by babyface Hall.

Pavelski

Aug 28, 2012
Drafted by the Blackhawks 3rd overall in the 2013 draft after 53g and 55a year with Sarnia! :D
Much better than Phoenix, Colorado, Dallas and Columbus. :)

Saturnus

Dec 27, 2012
End of season - no new season

Hey,

Sorry for the newbie question. I ended my first season with the Drummondville Voltigeurs as a 16 year old RW power forward leading the team in points and goals. My problem is that I finished the season and there is advance to new season.

I played through the entire season, got to the last game, played through (with a goal and 2 assists, btw) and then nothing. No advance to new season, no play next game, nothing. Did I set up wrong, is there a bug? Very strange. I also tried loading the BaP profile again, but nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

***UPDATE***

Solution: My season ended before the end of the leagues season and I had to Sim day-to-day until the league finished and playoff pairings were established. I kept the post in case anyone else has the same issue. Sorry for the "not so obvious" obvious.
(if only the lockout were this easy to solve...)

Last edited:

acidshadow

Jan 14, 2013
my bap

Name: James Downs
Birthplace: Long Island, USA
Height: 6'0''
Weight: 130lbs
Role: Center, Sniper
CHL team: Acadie-Bathurst Titan
NHL Draft: N/A
Difficulty-Pro

Stats (so far as I have yet to finish my first season)
Shots- season expectation: 269, actual: 641
Goals- season expectation: 41, actual: 95
Points- season expectation: 91, actual: 198
Assists- season expectation: 49, actual: 103

I would like to add that I use the new controls for more stick control on my shot and I have learn to love the way it feels. I've been thinking of putting up the difficulty but I feel as soon as I get into the NHL I wouldn't be putting near this good of a season.

ldnk

Apr 8, 2009
BAP Goalie really sucks. Between the unstoppable one-timers in the slot and your AI just being incompetent.

Playing on All-Star I just went through a stretch of 2 wins 3 losses and 4 OT losses. My team scored 0 goals in front of me over those 9 games. How is that even possible.

Stephanooo

Feb 17, 2013
Denmark
Hey peeps :). Actually been wanting to create a profile here for some days now so i could put up my BaP info... I have absolutely no idea wether i screwed it up or not, so i'd love it if you guys could help me out here ^^ I'll just do a monster dump of my pro's info here.
--------------------
NHL 12
---------
Name: Lexi Peters
Height: 1,80 m
Weight: 74,0 kg
Handedness: Left (By accident. I can't change the damn info now e.e)
Position: Right Wing
OVR: 79
Team: Oshawa Generals
Player Type: Tough Guy
Draft year: 2014
Draft position: 1st round (1st pick)
Drafted by: Phoenix Coyotes (PHX)
EDIT: Also, i'm a 1st liner at PHX Coyotes.
----------------------------------
NHL Career Info.
----------------
Career Games: 63
Career Goals: 116
Career Points: 137
Career Playoff Games: 0 (so far)
Career Playoff Goals: 0 (--//--)
Career Playoff Points: 0 (--//--)
------------------------
CHL/OHL
------------------------
1st Season stats:
GP: 68
Goals: 75
Assists: 54
PTS: 129
+/-: 159
PIM: 556 (I beat the living ***** out of every single opponent who messed with my team. Also some random fights aswell.)
PPG: 9
SHG: 3
Shots: 491
Shots Percentage: 15,3%
GWG: 8
GTG: 1
-------------------------
First season was definently the best one out of three that my pro played in the CHL/OHL. the reason for that though would be that it got rather monotone in the end. Here's the stats for the last two seasons before going NHL.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Season stats:
Goals: 85
Assists: 64
PTS: 149
+/-: 138
PIM: 306
PPG: 9
SHG: 3
Shots: 422
Shots percentage: 20,1%
GWG: 10
GTG: 0
----------------------------
Okay, maybe the 2nd Season was a bit better. But i enjoyed the first one the most, so that's what we're going after.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Season stats:
Goals: 59
Assists: 44
PTS: 103
+/-: 76
PIM: 88
PPG: 8
SHG: 2
Shots: 222
Shots percentage: 26,6%
GWG: 7
-----------------------------
And that then concludes my career in the CHL/OHL
--------------------------------------------------
Moving on to my NHL Career. I'm still in my first season, and i'm doing pretty good so far.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED - NHL 1st Season stats:
GP: 82
Goals: 135
Assists: 25
PTS: 160
+/-: 147
PIM: 341
PPG: 13
SHG: 2
Shots: 556
Shots percentage: 24,3%
Hits: 205
Minutes: 1529:00
GWG: 14
GTG: 1
---------------------------
ADDED - Awards - ADDED - after 1st NHL Season
--------
-Art Ross Trophy-
-Maurice Richard Trophy-
-Calder Memorial Trophy-
-Hart Memorial Trophy-
-Ted Lindsay Trophy-
------------------------
That's what i won in my 1st NHL Season in the PHX Coyotes.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I know these stats aren't the best ones ever, but what can you expect? Oh yeah and i guess i'll also dump in my pro's attributes.
----------------
Lexi Peter's attributes
Deking: 71 ---------- Aggressiveness: 82 - Acceleration: 74
Hand-Eye: 71 ------- Body Checking: 85 -------- Agility: 75
Off. Awareness: 75 -- Def. Awareness: 71 ----- Balance: 83
Passing: 71 ----------------Discipline: 80 ---- Durability: 80
Puck Control: 71 ----------- Faceoffs: 75 --- Endurance: 81
Slap Shot Accuracy: 70 - Fighting Skill: 99 ------ Speed: 90
Slap Shot Power: 71 --- Shot Blocking: 72 ---- Strength: 99
Wrist Shot Accuracy: 81 - Stick Checking: 80 ---- Poise: 73
Wrist Shot Power: 80
-----------------------------------------------------------
And that would be all my attributes and so on. I don't know if that's a good one or if i screwed it up, but it got me all the way from Oshawa Generals to Phoenix Coyotes (and boy, are we kicking ass right now..). So yeah.
Funny side-note about my pro is that when i started it out it was actually a female by default. Somehow i managed to change the gender and stuff, but i was never able to edit the name, nor pick a name to be called by the commentators. OH YEAH, and i also got some Playoff stats from the CHL/OHL seasons. I'll just dump em' inhere in the end so you guys can see them :).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHL/OHL Playoff stats:
1st Season:
GP: 21
Goals: 23:
Assists: 15
PTS: 38
+/-: 32
PIM: 87
PPG: 2
SHG: 0
Shots: 140
Shots percentage: 16,4%
GWG: 3
-------------------------
First time i were in the Playoffs i just played every game i could, because i didn't really know what would come afterwards, so i tried to win every game i could heh. Though in the following seasons i did not do much noteworthy performances in the Playoffs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHL/OHL Playoff Stats:
2nd Season:
GP: 16
Goals: 5
Assists: 16
PTS: 21
+/-: 13
PIM: 18
PPG: 0
SHG: 0
Shots: 23
Shots percentage: 21,7%
GWG: 1
--------------------------
As you can see, not much done there. Moving on to the last Playoff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
CHL/OHL Playoff Stats:
3rd Season:
GP: 14
Goals: 4
Assists: 12
PTS: 16
+/-: 12
PIM: 11
PPG: 0
SHG: 1
Shots: 29
Shots percentage: 13,8%
GWG: 1
-----------------------------
That would conclude my Pro's stuff... man i really went through pretty much everything xD. If you see anything missing, or if you're curious about anything, Do tell or ask away :).

Last edited:

Stephanooo

Feb 17, 2013
Denmark
I have a Question by the way.
My brother and i started playing the Hockey Ultimate Team thing today, and started wondering if it was possible to play with our own Created pro (like i have mine and he has his own too) in Be a Pro. Could be cool if we both got to play on the same team :).

Maelpj*

somebody learn to aware me on the controllers on the Ps3.

How do we:

-fight for puck when an opponent is pinning you on the board?
-fight in front of the net
-pin an opponent against the board

Stephanooo

Feb 17, 2013
Denmark
somebody learn to aware me on the controllers on the Ps3.

How do we:

-fight for puck when an opponent is pinning you on the board? - Press the R1 Button and and move your Right analog stick in the desired direction you want to push the puck in.
-fight in front of the net - In NHL 12 i just move up on an Opposing player and then i automatically clench to him. Quite annoying actually as my Skater tends to refuse to move away from him again.
-pin an opponent against the board - Just charge into them as you'd do when trying to get a Hit. Just hold down the /\ button instead of performing a Hit.
That should be it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad