OT: NFL Playoffs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
It's what happens when you bring in replay. Everything gets scrutinized to the Nth degree. And every angle you see, shows at least something you can question. It's insane. The game moved so much faster and smoother when you didn't have everything reviewed.

No, it's not the fault of the replay-system. It happens when the rules are too fussy. The NFL is the worst sport when it comes to the intricacy of the rulebook.
You could see that Dez got control of the ball and only struggled because he was trying to stretch for the endzone

Bi Coastal Bawse*

IDK if I wanna watch a horror movie or Denver vs. Indianapolis

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
No, it's not the fault of the replay-system. It happens when the rules are too fussy. The NFL is the worst sport when it comes to the intricacy of the rulebook.
You could see that Dez got control of the ball and only struggled because he was trying to stretch for the endzone

I agree with what you're saying, but before replay, there would have been no way to overturn that call. It was called a TD on the field, and it would have stood. Only through replay do they get to go back, look at things in slo-mo, and decide if they want to change it. It's like that Calvin Johnson reversal a few years ago, which resulted in the changing of the rules about going to the ground and maintaining control of the ball in order to be called a reception.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
He took three steps..they blew it..

According to the rule, the number of steps don't matter. You go to the ground, you need to maintain control all the way through essentially until you get up. He didn't.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
BTW, my view on the Dez play is that he'd have been down by contact before he broke the plane anyways, even if you wanted to call it a reception.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
He had possession and made a football move stretching for the goal line. It's the worst call I've ever seen..players do that constantly. I'd break my ****ing tv if I was a Dallas fan.

I'm a Cowboys fan.

tv-throw-o.gif

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
According to the rule, the number of steps don't matter. You go to the ground, you need to maintain control all the way through essentially until you get up. He didn't.

Unless you are stretching for the end zone. That part was subjective and called good on the field. You don't reverse that.

Plus his elbow was down way before the stretch.

Horrible.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I was thinking that too, but for some reason I dismissed it. Also makes sense though and the end result would still have been a complete pass.

Cowboys didn't deserve to be there anyway, so **** it. :laugh:

Yup. If they ruled it a completed pass, it should have been first and goal on the one. No way it was a TD either way. For the record, I think he dropped the ball. Not a completion at all. He went to the ground and didn't maintain possession.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Unless you are stretching for the end zone. That part was subjective and called good on the field. You don't reverse that.

It's true that the ground can't cause a fumble, but I don't see where he was stretching for the end zone. I see he was stretching for the catch, and rolled over as part of this. Since he didn't hold onto the ball through that motion, I think it was rightly called an incomplete pass.

It makes it sweeter that it went against the Cowboys too....:laugh:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LMAO roughing the passer on Peyton yet a knee to Brady's head isn't called yesterday and how many times was Brady hit late yesterday?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

LOL Officials helped Broncos so much on that drive, NFL does a great job hiding their Manning bias.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

See I don't get the NFL how is what the the Denver player just did not taunting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad