NFL GDT: NFL GDT: Super Bowl LIII: (NFC) Los Angeles Rams vs (AFC) New England Patriots - Part 2

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Do tell how they cheated? And please if you plan to include the Spygate and the Deflategate don't even bother. One is idiotic beyond belief, to a degree that a judge asked the NFL not to waste his time, and the other instance is completely legal if you do it from a different spot on the stadium. Honestly, these "cheaters" memes are about as a pathetic of an attempt to diminish a remarkable level of dominance they exhibit for 18 years as there is.

Hey “my dude” you’re posting in the Football section of the hockey forum.
Also, the Patriots are one of the greatest dynasty’s in sports history. Cry harder!
They are the greatest dynasty in football history.

All 3 of them have been suspended/fined for cheating. Facts are facts, facts don't care about your feelings. You can try to say spygate and deflategate don't count as cheating but the NFL didn't think so when they punished them for it no? Edelman PEDS. It is what it is, greatest coach and QB in history who were both willing to use every and any advantage they could find, whether it was over the line or not.

I have no idea what posting in the football section of the forum has to do with my username. My avatar is clearly about the Winnipeg Jets and that genius couldn't even figure it out lol.

CamMac

Jan 3, 2015

All 3 of them have been suspended/fined for cheating. Facts are facts, facts don't care about your feelings. You can try to say spygate and deflategate don't count as cheating but the NFL didn't think so when they punished them for it no? Edelman PEDS. It is what it is, greatest coach and QB in history who were both willing to use every and any advantage they could find, whether it was over the line or not.

I have no idea what posting in the football section of the forum has to do with my username. My avatar is clearly about the Winnipeg Jets and that genius couldn't even figure it out lol.
Wahhhhhhhhhhhh

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Every team has received fines and suspensions in (very) recent memory. This means nothing.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

You do appear to be upset.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia

Yeah, facts are facts, but if you are presenting your case, or if you want to get into a discussion at least paint the whole picture, not just the narrow view that supports your agenda.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
My dude, you're forgetting this is a hockey forum.

My Jets will never get close to a lombardi trophy lmao. Nice try tho. Y'all a little sensitive about the cheating talk?

you're in the football subforum sunshine.

2014 - Jets get fined $100k for tampering with Revis
2010 - Jets coach trips a player on a punt return. Jets fined $100k
2017 - 2 Jets players suspended for PEDs
2010 - Jets fined $125k for repeatedly failing to list Favre's arm injury on the injury report
2009 - Jets equipment manager suspended for illegally doctoring kicking balls.

How can you cheat and still manage to suck as much as the Jets do? That's impressive futility.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
lol you think a fanbase with 9 Super Bowl appearances and 6 titles in 18 years would have a little thicker skins!

You guys cheated, so what. Every team cheats here and there and sees what they can get away with. You guys are just under the microscope and got caught.

And to that one of you, no not every teams coach has the largest fine in NFL history and not every time has been docked 1st round picks by the league recently. That's just blatantly false.

I'm not really mad either, I made some money off the Patriots last night.

JetsWillFly4Ever

May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
you're in the football subforum sunshine.

2014 - Jets get fined $100k for tampering with Revis
2010 - Jets coach trips a player on a punt return. Jets fined $100k
2017 - 2 Jets players suspended for PEDs
2010 - Jets fined $125k for repeatedly failing to list Favre's arm injury on the injury report
2009 - Jets equipment manager suspended for illegally doctoring kicking balls.

How can you cheat and still manage to suck as much as the Jets do? That's impressive futility.
lol I really don't care about the New York Jets so I'm not sure why you keep bringing them up but you do your thing.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Honest non-trolling question:

Did they ever figure out what the 'unrecognizable substance' was that Edelman tested positive for?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think the shine is more off Goff than anything, tbh. The NFL will eventually figure you out and demand that you get better in your areas of weakness. I think that's why so many "promising teams" end up flaring out in just a few years. This is why I am interested in seeing what happens to Mahomes and KC. IMO they are too big play dependent and need to create and implement a more complex offense down the road, which I'm sure they will do with Andy Reid coaching. But this is also why the Patriots have been so impressive. Their ability to constantly evolve and overcome areas of weakness has been surprising but a pleasure to watch as a fan.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Rams were like 10-6 next year. Those players on defense seem like the type of players that will cause a rift in that lockerroom because they feel like the offense didn't hold up their end of the bargain.

The kings of the screen game are too "big play" dependent?

They also ran the ball for 1900 yards with like 4 different running backs. Which, for a passing attack is pretty damn impressive. The only issue with KC is their defense can't tackle and their safety play is horrendous at best.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I'll be surprised if Bruins win. There's about 5 teams clearly better than tbem. They could always add a big piece at the deadline I suppose.

Celtics aren't beating the Warriors. No one is this year.
If the Warriors get hurt or sloppy then that would open then that might open the door for others but yeah a healthy GSW shouldn’t get beat by anyone. I expect the Celtics to make it to the finals though, then probably get beat badly by the Warriors

Bruins are unlikely too as I see at least 4 teams in the East itself being superior to them but then again, it’s hockey so anything can happen come playoff time, you never really know.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If the Warriors get hurt or sloppy then that would open then that might open the door for others but yeah a healthy GSW shouldn’t get beat by anyone. I expect the Celtics to make it to the finals though, then probably get beat badly by the Warriors

Bruins are unlikely too as I see at least 4 teams in the East itself being superior to them but then again, it’s hockey so anything can happen come playoff time, you never really know.

Warriors vs. Raptors in the finals. Get on board fam!

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Warriors vs. Raptors in the finals. Get on board fam!
That’d be a cool matchup but unless the Raptors make a big trade I don’t see them making the finals. Kawhi will play great but how about the rest of his squad? Lowry is one of the worst playoff performing “all stars” ever, along with Derozan, and Ibaka has had a history, both with OKC and TOR, for not being a very clutch performer either. The rest of team is still very young and inexperienced and that showed more than ever before last year against the cavs.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Your friendly reminder that the 3 most important pieces of this win (Belichick, Brady, Edelman) have all been suspended/fined for cheating.

Belichick is a genius though, that was a masterclass in coaching. Took McVay to the cleaners.

Spygate was a joke -- every single team did it going back to the 70s. Mangini was just a crybaby and sold out his mentor.

Deflategate was an even bigger joke. There was literally 0 evidence, hence Mueller saying he could not conclude Brady had any part in it. IIRC someone at the trial even said the balls could lose air by being outdoors or something similar. Colts lost that game 45-7 & Irsay was looking for a reason to take the blame away from his team.

Theres no excuse for what Edelman did, he wanted to come back from injury faster and took the easy way out. Oh well not the first or last player to do so.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Spygate was a joke -- every single team did it going back to the 70s. Mangini was just a crybaby and sold out his mentor.

Deflategate was an even bigger joke. There was literally 0 evidence, hence Mueller saying he could not conclude Brady had any part in it. IIRC someone at the trial even said the balls could lose air by being outdoors or something similar. Colts lost that game 45-7 & Irsay was looking for a reason to take the blame away from his team.

Theres no excuse for what Edelman did, he wanted to come back from injury faster and took the easy way out. Oh well not the first or last player to do so.

All the haters have to cling to at this point is "LOLLLLLLLLL CHEATRIOTS!"

That's literally all they have. The "Brady is a system QB" thing doesn't work anymore. The "they play in a weak division" is laughable as they perform BETTER outside the division.

They have nothing else than LOL CHEATING! Two incidents that were OVERBLOWN because of their success. If the Pats had been caught piping in crowd noise like the Vikings did, it would not have been a slap on the wrist. If the Pats had been caught LYING on the injury report like some teams have, they would have been dodged draft picks.

The suspension to Brady was a huge joke based on circumstantial and filmsy evidence. The punishment was over-the-top for a minor equipment violation. Goodell want in business for himself and ended up looking like a complete moron.

If the haters want to bitch about the Pats instead of looking at their own team's flaws, let them. Hopefully the favourite team's management is as stupid as they are.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
already sick of the "no, really, that was a good game, I swear" takes

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Obviously that was a bad game, but it was still much, much better than many of the blowout games we've seen. in the past 20 years. Nowhere near "worst Super Bowl ever" territory.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
already sick of the "no, really, that was a good game, I swear" takes
I guess it depends on what type of game you like. I wouldnt call a game that was within 3 points for the vast majority of the game boring or bad. That qas the greatest defensive performance in SB history

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I’ll be honest, and I’m not being biased because I have no dislike for either the Chiefs or Rams, but I did not think that 54-51 game was good football. If that’s what people wanted, more power to them. I totally understand and will admit that last night was not a great game, but another offensive shootout like that in the Super Bowl wouldnt be great either. That game really felt like such an American “I need lots of points to be entertained!!!!1!!!111!” game and predictably everyone freaked out about it.

I think the Rams would have beaten the Chiefs, though. I really think that defense would have come to play regardless because of Wade Phillips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad