OT: NFL Football League-Carry us through to the start of a new Devils W/O Lockout season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Right now my team in a 12-team league (two RB's, two WR's and one Flex starter) is:

QB - Rodgers, Roethlisberger
RB - Peterson, D. Murray, BJGEllis, Moreno
WR - Amendola, Nicks, D. Jackson, Blackmon
TE - Gates
K - Gostkowski
DEF - Rams

Two picks to go - it's a slow offline draft. We get one keeper in the league based on the value of where you drafted him last year - AP was my keeper (2nd round value), that's how I got him and Rodgers.

My 16-team PPR keeper is tonight. I have Peyton, Ridley, Roddy White and Cruz as my keepers there but I'm pretty confident with a high draft pick I'll get at least one good RB and one good receiver before the keeper rounds end (you can keep up to six). You only start one RB and two WR's with one Flex in that league - it also uses IDP's.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Right now my team in a 12-team league (two RB's, two WR's and one Flex starter) is:

QB - Rodgers, Roethlisberger
RB - Peterson, D. Murray, BJGEllis, Moreno
WR - Amendola, Nicks, D. Jackson, Blackmon
TE - Gates
K - Gostkowski
DEF - Rams

Two picks to go - it's a slow offline draft. We get one keeper in the league based on the value of where you drafted him last year - AP was my keeper (2nd round value), that's how I got him and Rodgers.

My 16-team PPR keeper is tonight. I have Peyton, Ridley, Roddy White and Cruz as my keepers there but I'm pretty confident with a high draft pick I'll get at least one good RB and one good receiver before the keeper rounds end (you can keep up to six). You only start one RB and two WR's with one Flex in that league - it also uses IDP's.
You better hope that Amendola and Nicks stay healthy which is asking a lot from those 2.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You better hope that Amendola and Nicks stay healthy which is asking a lot from those 2.

Yeah I know...but receivers are kind of a dime a dozen too so if there's one position you can have injury risks it's that. Hopefully they stay healthy long enough for Blackmon to come back at least. I'm more worried about Murray cause my RB depth s***s balls. Even getting his handcuff is problematic cause there's more than one candidate.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I know...but receivers are kind of a dime a dozen too so if there's one position you can have injury risks it's that. Hopefully they stay healthy long enough for Blackmon to come back at least. I'm more worried about Murray cause my RB depth s***s balls. Even getting his handcuff is problematic cause there's more than one candidate.

As long as you keep your eyes on he waiver wire you could find another replacement if need be. Blackmon is a good sleeper pick as he should be good when he returns.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Yea, Finley physically is pretty much unstoppable but the guy can't seem to ever put it together. The contract year stuff has been in the back of my mind all offseason. If he was ever to put it all together, this would it. The fact that it sounds like there really making him a huge part of the offense makes me think he might break out but they were talking about that same stuff last year.

well what more proof could you want that you should start him than this;

Sit of the week

Jermichael Finley at San Francisco 49ers: Finley, who is entering a contract year, has seen his fantasy value rise after showing some flashes of his past self during the preseason. However, he's no lock to open 2013 with a strong performance against the Niners - no team allowed fewer fantasy points to tight ends in home games during 2012. (Maximum value: Low-TE1)

Any time I listen to the Start/Sit 'em advice it burns me. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
btw while we're still talking fantasy does anyone know of some good IDP info sites? I play in a 16-team league that uses DT, DE, LB, CB and S. Most sites I've seen only list DL, LB and DB which doesn't help all that much.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
btw while we're still talking fantasy does anyone know of some good IDP info sites? I play in a 16-team league that uses DT, DE, LB, CB and S. Most sites I've seen only list DL, LB and DB which doesn't help all that much.

DL is composed of DT and DE
DB is comboped of CB and S
LB is what it is

Just sort out of those lists - I've never seen anything break it down farther than that.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...asy-football-profiles-and-projections-dls-115

Once you click on the player it shows his exact position.

ESPN has a top 150 showing position as well http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...ksIDP150/top-150-individual-defensive-players

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

here is ESPN's list:

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...ksIDP150/top-150-individual-defensive-players

you want to know your settings. if your league gives more points for sacks than INTs, look for pass rushers/LBs. if INTs are the big look for CBs/S

but most of the time you want to get guys that just fill up the stat sheet like Watt, Kuechley, Willis, etc.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
DL is composed of DT and DE
DB is comboped of CB and S
LB is what it is

Just sort out of those lists - I've never seen anything break it down farther than that.

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...asy-football-profiles-and-projections-dls-115

Once you click on the player it shows his exact position.

ESPN has a top 150 showing position as well http://espn.go.com/fantasy/football...ksIDP150/top-150-individual-defensive-players

Yeah guess that's as good as I'm gonna get - my league is actually ESPN. I didn't realize they had positions listed in the top 150 ranking too, that'll help a little though usually 90% of the DL listed are DE's so I don't get much of a DT rank per se. I don't think I did THAT bad drafting defense though I definitely need to be on the ball considering I'm in a division with some behemoth teams which I'm not going to outscore offensively most weeks.

My current defensive lineup:

DT - Fletcher Cox (Phi)
DE - Michael Johnson (Cin)
LB - Paul Posluszny (Jax)
CB - Devin McCourty (NE)
S - Rashad Jones (Mia)

I may be hitting the wire before the season if I can find upgrades. Most defensive players get dropped during bye weeks so with a 20-man roster and 4-man IR I can vulture some guys in-season too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad