Votes: 2 2.1%
  • San Fransico

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Seattle

Votes: 11 11.5%

• Total voters

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well with the Esks pretty much ending their season on Saturday the NFL can't come quick enough.

Going to be lots of new looks behind center this year with a couple teams still trying to figure out what direction they are going at the QB position.

Really can't wait to see what the 2021 QB class does this year. Tough start for Z. Wilson as he is having surgery, but Lawrence, Lance, Fields all trying to establish themselves with Mac Jones trying to continue to prove people wrong for being the 5th QB taken last year.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Playing in my first fantasy league this season, i'm super pumped!

Anyone have any tips when it comes to drafting? Draft is on Thursday!
I'm sure there are some good online resources on building a team and there's plenty out there for player rankings. Just browse those and be ready. One peace of advice is to use the WAIVER wire and don't be afraid to drop underperforming players during the season. .I'm assuming you're playing the official NFL Fantasy app . Use their Player trends as a guide for player adds/drops. Use your gut feeling on a player even if he's just a rookie on a roll.

Unless you have a real committed bunch in a league, you'll notice the league bottom dwellers ,mid season, give up and stop keeping active rosters. So if you hang in there and keep your rosters active, it'll be between you and maybe four or five others in a 10-12 team league. Good luck. It's a lot of fun.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Good luck. Fantasy leagues are a blast. I love the NFL, but due to fantasy, it pumps up that level of interest 10 fold. If your team is anything like mine has been, your drafted roster will be quite a bit different than your end of season roster. So many injuries, COVID the last few years, underperforming players, bye weeks, a lot of game management goes on from week to week. Load up on RB and WR early on, and be leery of studs that always seem to be hurt (McCaffrey!)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Good luck. Fantasy leagues are a blast. I love the NFL, but due to fantasy, it pumps up that level of interest 10 fold. If your team is anything like mine has been, your drafted roster will be quite a bit different than your end of season roster. So many injuries, COVID the last few years, underperforming players, bye weeks, a lot of game management goes on from week to week. Load up on RB and WR early on, and be leery of studs that always seem to be hurt (McCaffrey!)
I try to get a high end QB early on now.

RB don't have the value they once did, so many teams running a 2 or 3 RB split now. Gone are the days where they'd just have one guy and drive him into the ground. For the most part that is. There are still some good guys I try take, but I don't force it like I once did.

The one thing to watch to with WR is don't just go on last year's stats when drafting. Based on age and what he did last year Waddle should be a very good pickup. Think he was top 20-25 in yards and td's last year and top 15 in targets. Considering this is his 2nd year in the league one would have high expectations for him. But then you realize they added Tyreek Hill and he throws a major wrench into their receiving situation for Waddle.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

Me too. Super stoked to donate money! Just did my first MLB one this year too and damn what a blast fantasy is. Best of luck man. If you get the inside track feel free to throw me some pointers, lol.

Reactions: MuzzaFuzza

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I'm sure there are some good online resources on building a team and there's plenty out there for player rankings. Just browse those and be ready. One peace of advice is to use the WAIVER wire and don't be afraid to drop underperforming players during the season. .I'm assuming you're playing the official NFL Fantasy app . Use their Player trends as a guide for player adds/drops. Use your gut feeling on a player even if he's just a rookie on a roll.

Unless you have a real committed bunch in a league, you'll notice the league bottom dwellers ,mid season, give up and stop keeping active rosters. So if you hang in there and keep your rosters active, it'll be between you and maybe four or five others in a 10-12 team league. Good luck. It's a lot of fun.

It is on Yahoo fantasy and its with a group of friends who are all pretty dedicated so I might be in for a tough first season lol. I've been watching the NFL pretty closely for the past few years so i'm excited to fully get into it. It was the last of the 4 major leagues i didn't follow religiously :laugh:

Thanks for the tips!

Me too. Super stoked to donate money! Just did my first MLB one this year too and damn what a blast fantasy is. Best of luck man. If you get the inside track feel free to throw me some pointers, lol.

Good luck to you too sir! Just think how sweet it would be to pull of the upset and be a rookie winner :D

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't think I could ever commit to MLB. Seems like a lot of managing. At least with NFL you only really have 3 days of actual play and generally Monday night games you don't have a lot of options, so the changes are minimal

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I don't think I could ever commit to MLB. Seems like a lot of managing. At least with NFL you only really have 3 days of actual play and generally Monday night games you don't have a lot of options, so the changes are minimal
It is definitely a lot of work with MLB. Between the innings limit on every position and daily pickups and drops you really have to invest. Though I will say patience is probably the biggest lesson I learned. 162 games is a long ass season and guys will slump, it aint the end of the world. Wish I had made less moves as I think I might be better positioned. But I'm in the top 4 of a 10 man league with a chance at 2nd or 3rd so it's fun.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I try to get a high end QB early on now.

RB don't have the value they once did, so many teams running a 2 or 3 RB split now. Gone are the days where they'd just have one guy and drive him into the ground. For the most part that is. There are still some good guys I try take, but I don't force it like I once did.

The one thing to watch to with WR is don't just go on last year's stats when drafting. Based on age and what he did last year Waddle should be a very good pickup. Think he was top 20-25 in yards and td's last year and top 15 in targets. Considering this is his 2nd year in the league one would have high expectations for him. But then you realize they added Tyreek Hill and he throws a major wrench into their receiving situation for Waddle.
I did pretty well with a mid-tier QB in Jalen Hurts. He's a runner so that really helps with the fantasy points.
As far as WR, I snatched Justin Jefferson very early on as rookie in my league and that really helped in winning that year. What really helped in the end was using my gut feeling and sometimes it's just damn luck. I picked up Miles Gaskin and J.D. McKissic in the last week on waivers. McKissic gets a touchdown late in the 4th quarter and Gaskin has a great game. If those didn't happen, I would have lost the final. I think this was in the 2020 season.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I did pretty well with a mid-tier QB in Jalen Hurts. He's a runner so that really helps with the fantasy points.
As far as WR, I snatched Justin Jefferson very early on as rookie in my league and that really helped in winning that year. What really helped in the end was using my gut feeling and sometimes it's just damn luck. I picked up Miles Gaskin and J.D. McKissic in the last week on waivers. McKissic gets a touchdown late in the 4th quarter and Gaskin has a great game. If those didn't happen, I would have lost the final. I think this was in the 2020 season.
Ya I guess I should've clarified. I look for those dynamic QB's that can break for yards and TD. I've had one of Mahomes, Allen and Jackson on my main fantasy leagues the past 4 years and have had success. Granted Mahomes doesn't run like those guys he did toss 50 TD's for me, lol.

I had Jefferson as well, was quite a surprise. One guy in one of my leagues really loaded up on rookies a couple years back and while there are always gems it's damn hard to bank on them. Sometimes it takes a bit of time for these guys to get played by coaches, then even if they are playing are the QB's throwing to them? Might not be til week 5 or 6 before rookies really take over at WR or even RB, can you really afford to wait that long in a one year league? Not bad to take one or two, but I think he had 5 rookies.

Oddly enough the guy really has an eye for the young talent and at predicting their futures, it just doesn't work in certain leagues lol.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Honest question. Is this going to be the NFL thread for the year, or will it be the NFL Fantasy draft thread? And 2ndly, shouldn't we have separate threads for each?

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Honest question. Is this going to be the NFL thread for the year, or will it be the NFL Fantasy draft thread? And 2ndly, shouldn't we have separate threads for each?
Probably a combined thread, as there are just a handful of us who chat NFL, and usually the fantasy posts are at the beginning of the year, and then the odd post during the year when my team sucks. Maybe 20 fantasy posts a year.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
You boys just need to cheer my Colts on and life is good!

MATTY ICE!!!!!!! Taking us to the promise land this year.

GO INDY!!!

Granted we start the season without our pro linebackers Leonard (formerly Darius now Shaquile) so that hurts

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You boys just need to cheer my Colts on and life is good!

MATTY ICE!!!!!!! Taking us to the promise land this year.

GO INDY!!!

Granted we start the season without our pro linebackers Leonard (formerly Darius now Shaquile) so that hurts
I just am not a fan of that receiving core. How about you?

I mean Taylor is going to make things a lot easier on any QB in the league, so that should make things easier for some of these unknown WR's to get open.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I just am not a fan of that receiving core. How about you?

I mean Taylor is going to make things a lot easier on any QB in the league, so that should make things easier for some of these unknown WR's to get open.
I like Pittman and I’m not sure about Pearce. He’s a rookie. Definitely not having Hilton hurts. Campbell is a bandaid and gets hurt a ton. So o agree. The receiving core is weak. Not sure why they don’t bring up Patman to the roster. He was insane last year and this year in pre season. Made any catch near him!

I’m not sure what to expect from Indy. The division outside of the titans is weak. Should only take 10 wins to win it in my opinion. But I doubt we make it far in playoffs

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I like Pittman and I’m not sure about Pearce. He’s a rookie. Definitely not having Hilton hurts. Campbell is a bandaid and gets hurt a ton. So o agree. The receiving core is weak. Not sure why they don’t bring up Patman to the roster. He was insane last year and this year in pre season. Made any catch near him!

I’m not sure what to expect from Indy. The division outside of the titans is weak. Should only take 10 wins to win it in my opinion. But I doubt we make it far in playoffs
Don't get me wrong from a fantasy standpoint I love it. I have Pittman in one of my leagues, so him getting a lot of targets isn't going to hurt my feelings.

Titans losing Landry is going to hurt them. Big key to that defense

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Don't get me wrong from a fantasy standpoint I love it. I have Pittman in one of my leagues, so him getting a lot of targets isn't going to hurt my feelings.

Titans losing Landry is going to hurt them. Big key to that defense
Big time!!! It will be a slug fest between the two. Colts are missing their best defensive player too so I don’t know how the defense will do. It’s up in the air with how the colts will do. I’m hoping they can at least hit 10 wins….. I’m not expecting a super bowl here lol. Battling with teams like the Chiefs, Bills (granted we smoked the Bills last year) and Bengals will not be an easy task

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad