Hypothetical:

Hall-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand*-Bergeron-Connolly
Eriksson-Spooner-Chiasson
Who cares?-Kelly, I guess-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
Gormley-Don't know
Morrow-Miller

*He remains if Boston has a playoff appearance and he plays well. If he has another poor performance, then he's trade bait.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Do you know that about Kelly's contract? I haven't heard anything to suggest it loosens

Well, he had a NTC clause his first 2 years. He had a limited no trade clause this year (8 team list), I would be stunned if he doesn't have an even more limited NTC next year (probably at least 15 teams)

This is basically true of all of the contracts this management team

Bergeron's contract loosens the last 2 years of the contract
Rask's contract loosens the last 2 years of the contract
Krejci's contract has a no movement clause for the first 4 years, and a limited no trade the last 2

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Well, he had a NTC clause his first 2 years. He had a limited no trade clause this year (8 team list), I would be stunned if he doesn't have an even more limited NTC next year (probably at least 15 teams)

Krejci's contract has a no movement clause for the first 4 years, and a limited no trade the last 2

Gotta love how everybody of any real value has a NMC whereas arguably none of them, aside from Bergeron, took a pay cut to get it.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Wouldn't mind signing Steve Downie as a FA to play on the third line. He sure stirs the ****, also a solid complementary player. Probably give you 10-15 goals on the third line. Imagine Marchand, Talbot, and Downie in the same lineup?

Lucic-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Smith-Spooner-Downie
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Top 4 (Not Seidenberg)
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

It sounds weird, but I can't wait to see next years team. Have a feeling it will make some noise. Reminds me of the 2011 B's roster a bit.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
How long before people realize we're not trading Seidenberg?

I say 2 years.

...then, shortly after, he'll get traded. Haha

And yes, Downie would be an excellent choice/addition. The multi-talented physical player to replace Thornton.

trudatman*

I don't have time to read everybody's lineups right now, but I skimmed through and was somehow surprised how many of you "forgot" Miller. (I should be used to it by now.) it's going to be an interesting offseason, for sure.

MAR/BER/PAS
LUC/KRE/CON
SMI/SOD/ERI
KEL/TAL(CAM)/PAI
MOR/HAM
CHA/SEI
KRU(BAR)/MIL
RAS(SVE)

I'd look into replacing Smith, Seidenberg and Svedberg. I'd give Paul Carey a serious look. I'd try to figure out if Eriksson meshes with Soderberg on his blind side. Ferlin wouldn't make my considerations unless he had a boss camp. I'm pretty excited for next year's team. how is this year's team looking, though? not great.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd be ok with Downie to be honest. The guy has a good skill set and definitely stirs the pot, and when the pot is stirred the Bruins play their best hockey. I'm all for it, whatever beats this new huggy bear Bruins team.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

I did not know that. Thanks for the breakdown on the others as well

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Wouldn't mind signing Steve Downie as a FA to play on the third line. He sure stirs the ****, also a solid complementary player. Probably give you 10-15 goals on the third line. Imagine Marchand, Talbot, and Downie in the same lineup?

Lucic-Krejci-Connolly
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Smith-Spooner-Downie
Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Chara-Hamilton
Morrow-Top 4 (Not Seidenberg)
Krug-McQuaid
Miller

It sounds weird, but I can't wait to see next years team. Have a feeling it will make some noise. Reminds me of the 2011 B's roster a bit.

Where did Eriksson go? Are you working on the assumption he's moved for futures?

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
I'd be ok with Downie to be honest. The guy has a good skill set and definitely stirs the pot, and when the pot is stirred the Bruins play their best hockey. I'm all for it, whatever beats this new huggy bear Bruins team.

I would love Downie. Guy is a wolverine. A ball of hate that is the ultimate competitor. Would do anything to win, including cross the line. Which is the only problem with him, discipline. And yeah, health. I'm sure CJ could settle him down a bit, but need him to be healthy. Oh man, Marchand, Talbot, Downie would drive teams crazy.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can Boston afford the salaries of Kelly, Soda, Smith, and Loui? Lot of coin probably $13 M for bottom 6 guys

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Where did Eriksson go? Are you working on the assumption he's moved for futures?

I really don't think he'll be a Bruin next season. Just a gut feeling. I think he'll be traded along with the PHI 2nd round pick to move up in the draft.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Honestly, all 4 of them could be on the way out. I wouldn't be all that upset if it happened either.

change is good, but it has to be the right kind of change, time for some new blood, don`t care if that new blood is young, but I want guys on that 4th line who will pursue to the point that an opposing D-man actually has to look over his shoulder, don`t and haven`t had that in a few years now

Revisionhky22

Apr 16, 2013
I've gone from being frustrated this season to optimistic for next season. The cap issue to me seems to be solved going into next year so long as we don't resign Carl and trade on of Loui-Kelly-Seids..I mean we can actually keep them and still be ok with pasta, spooner, ferlin, talbot, connolly, miller all being pretty cheap and smith not doing much to earn a big raise.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta (15mil) (19mil with someone like Eberle instead of Pasta)
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly (10.5-11mil)
Smith-Spooner-Loui (8mil) (5mil w/ Pasta instead of Loui)
Talbot-Kelly- Ferlin (4.5mil)

Its actually a pretty good group of forwards and guys like Koko and Griffith etc can be the 13th forward..or you can trade a Loui to upgrade the D and get a RW like a Kassian or maybe a Stewart etc who's 3mil or less per year and lower that cap hit more. Or even better trade Loui and bring Pasta to the 3rd line and bring in a 4-5mil a year winger that can really play.

I say the more confusing part is what will we do on D. I can see Chia resigning McQuaid and Bart to be honest and bring up Morrow and 8 defenders all competing for spots. In my opinion with injuries etc you have to atleast bring one back and have 7 D's to keep the depth unless you make a nice deal for an upgrade on D.

Chara-Hamilton (hope Chara has one more good year in the tank and Hamilton gets closer to being that future #1 D)

Seids or new #3 D in trade - Morrow/Bart (prefer Morrow as he is a future #3D maybe a #2 at best, but Bart is an ok regular season 4D and look to add near deadline for playoff run)

Krug-McQuaid (great 3rd pair D, tough guy and dynamic pp/ big O upside D)

Miller- Morrow/Bart (perfect replacement for McQuaid in Miller)

of course if Bart and Mcquaid get more $$$ out there then they walk and we have our 6 but would in my opinion need to acquire a good 2/3rd pair Defenseman.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
change is good, but it has to be the right kind of change, time for some new blood, don`t care if that new blood is young, but I want guys on that 4th line who will pursue to the point that an opposing D-man actually has to look over his shoulder, don`t and haven`t had that in a few years now

Completely agree. I hope Chiarelli goes after some of the 4th line guys from LA. Guys like Nolan, Clifford, or even Andreoff would be a nice cheap pick up for the 4th line. All guys that don't royally suck at hockey by a good amount too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad