Next years team

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Kelly should come back. He is valuable to have on that 4th line, C or LW, and can even jump up to 3rd line and be fine. Last year of the contract, no need to move him.

McQuaid is the only UFA I would bring back. Park him on that 3rd pairing, platoon with Miller (who's I'm not sold on yet).

Krug with Arb rights is gonna get paid. Hamilton could be a quality long term, or short bridge contract. Smith is probably gonna get paid more than he should because of the Atkinson deal ($3.5M) and Connolly, especially with the injury, will probably be on a cheap 1-2 year bridge, similar to Krug/Smith this year.

Eriksson and Lucic are in the last years of their deals, and it would be wise for the team to make a decision on at least one of them in the offseason, whether that's an extension or trade. One to move, one to extend?

Seidenberg, I would try to move for whatever the return is. Use that money to sign one of the UFA D's, or coupled with Lucic/Eriksson, to upgrade to #2 we can pencil in for 2 years at least as Hamilton continues to grow up.

(Lucic) - Krejci - Connolly
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
(Eriksson) - Spooner - Pasta
Talbot - Kelly - Ferlin
x - Griffith, Lindblad, Koko

Chara - Hamilton
Morrow - (NEW Def)
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Rask
Svedberg

After all of that, trading Seidenberg for sure means they have about $4.5M to spend on new #2 Def, or even more if Eriksson or Lucic are flipped for someone a little cheaper, or even younger takes a spot (like Koko, Griffith or Lindblad). Sky is not falling. The injury to Connolly sucks monkey butt because was really interested to seeing him play in the system with more minutes and if they could project him next season on top line with Krejci. The key focus should be on major upgrade from Seidenberg.

David Krejci*

I disagree. Lucic has stepped it up in the playoffs. Marchand has been a no show for 3 stright years.

after the cup run Marchand has played 41 playoff games and has 5 goals and 10 assists over that three year period. so total 15 points

Lucic in the same 41 games 11 goals 18 assists - so total 29 points.

Lucic has been twice the player point wise in the playoffs since we won the cup.

Add to that Lucic leading the team to the game 7 comeback against the Leafs while marchand takes a stupid game 7 penalty spraying ice into Prices face to start the game and I would say marchand is and should be much more in the crosshairs then Lucic.

regular season means squat if you pull a no show when it counts.
FINALLY someone agrees with me on this. Marchand has hurt us in the playoffs more than he's helped us, other than 2011. And the fact that he was so amazing in the playoffs in 2011, makes it that much more frustrating with how horrible he's been in the playoffs since then. His diving and stupid penalties in the playoffs have been a real detriment to our team, and it's even worse because he's not producing. 20+ playoff games and counting without a goal. That's your 2nd line LW.

He'd be the first guy I'd trade out of here as part of a package to find an upgrade at wing. I have no problem with his regular season production, but I don't care about his regular season production because he blows in the playoffs.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Krug with Arb rights is gonna get paid. Hamilton could be a quality long term, or short bridge contract. Smith is probably gonna get paid more than he should because of the Atkinson deal ($3.5M) and Connolly, especially with the injury, will probably be on a cheap 1-2 year bridge, similar to Krug/Smith this year.

Krug will get paid. Sure, If he chooses arbitration I suspect it will be around 3.2 million for 2 years. Subban went arbitration at a similar point a couple years back and got around 2.8 million for a couple years. Prices have gone up, so I am suggesting 3.2 mil for 2 years, and that might be high. He could get more if he doesn't choose arbitration, but that is a gamble.

Atkinson does doesn't impact Smith, they bought out 1 or 2 years of FA in that contract.

If Smith goes Arb he is looking at less than Krug, probably in the 2.5 for 2 years range

Connolly will probably be 1.5 or less

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kelly should come back. He is valuable to have on that 4th line, C or LW, and can even jump up to 3rd line and be fine. Last year of the contract, no need to move him.

McQuaid is the only UFA I would bring back. Park him on that 3rd pairing, platoon with Miller (who's I'm not sold on yet).

Eriksson and Lucic are in the last years of their deals, and it would be wise for the team to make a decision on at least one of them in the offseason, whether that's an extension or trade. One to move, one to extend?

Seidenberg, I would try to move for whatever the return is. Use that money to sign one of the UFA D's, or coupled with Lucic/Eriksson, to upgrade to #2 we can pencil in for 2 years at least as Hamilton continues to grow up.

Talbot - Kelly - Ferlin

Chara - Hamilton
Morrow - (NEW Def)
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Rask
Svedberg

After all of that, trading Seidenberg for sure means they have about $4.5M to spend on new #2 Def, or even more if Eriksson or Lucic are flipped for someone a little cheaper, or even younger takes a spot (like Koko, Griffith or Lindblad). Sky is not falling. The injury to Connolly sucks monkey butt because was really interested to seeing him play in the system with more minutes and if they could project him next season on top line with Krejci. The key focus should be on major upgrade from Seidenberg.

Kelly has to be out, you don't ..... pay 3M for a 4th liner when you are in a cap hell.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Talbot - Kelly - Ferlin

Chara - Hamilton
Morrow - (NEW Def)
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Rask
Svedberg

Marchand - Bergeron - Connolly
XX - Spooner - Pasta
XX - Yeti - Eriksson
Talbot - Linbald - Ferlin
Koko

XX - Hamilton
Morrow - XX
Krug - Miller

Please Trade - Krejci, Lucic, Chara, Smith, Kelly, McQuaid, Sieds

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
XX - Spooner - Pasta
XX - Yeti - Eriksson
Koko

XX - Hamilton
Morrow - XX
Krug - Miller

And become the biggest cream-puff team in the entire league? No thanks.

This team wouldn't make it a month.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
XX - Spooner - Pasta
XX - Yeti - Eriksson
Koko

XX - Hamilton
Morrow - XX
Krug - Miller

Please no. That team has quite a few flaws. Add in the fact that that team will be pushed around like no one believes and lacks a lot of talent makes sure we get a top 10 pick next year for sure.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
If Chiarelli is still here, expect him to give Lucic a 7 year extension at $6-7 million per. If he's not here, I think Lucic will be traded.

Im really interested in seeing how Lucic is handled. He is NOT worth 6-7 imo.. But that's not saying he wont get that from either BOS or someone else. :help:

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I'm quite sure Kelly's no trade clause loosens up a good bit next year. That is how they are all structured they start restrictive and get less so near the end. So I have no doubt Boston could move Kelly if they want to.

I have doubts they will want to, but maybe with Talbot around they will decide to make a move

So I will take a stab

Lucic/Krejci/Connolly
Marchand/Bergeron/Pasta
Smith/Spooner/ (strong defensive winger with speed and size)
Lindblad/Talbot/Ferlin (really like this line)

Chara/Hamilton
Seidenberg/Bart (They may replace Bart with an Eriksson deal, but won't get better for a better price in UFA)
Miller/Krug
Trotman/Morrow battle out for the 7th spot

Do you know that about Kelly's contract? I haven't heard anything to suggest it loosens

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
my team factoring in trades

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly

Smith-Soderberg-Kassian

Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Dougie-Chara

Morrow-Seidenberg

Krug-Miller

Bruins trade Loui to Vancouver for Kassian and a second round pick

Seids one year removed from injury returns to former self

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta

Smith-Soderberg-Kassian

Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Dougie-Chara

Morrow-Seidenberg

Krug-Miller

Under this roster, we're still thin/slow at D. I think we need something more substantial then Morrow. I also think that Lucid should be traded for a young D-man.

Highway Man

Oct 8, 2014

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta

Smith-Soderberg-Kassian

Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Dougie-Chara

Morrow-Seidenberg

Krug-Miller

DKH I really like the look of that lineup, & I also think (hope) Chara & Seidenberg both rebound next season healthy & refreshed. Do you see Morrow being a top-4 as soon as next season? He looked sharp in his short stint this season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Under this roster, we're still thin/slow at D. I think we need something more substantial then Morrow. I also think that Lucid should be traded for a young D-man.

I agree but couldn't come up with anyone- and the way I look at it is this (realistically)

Chara- very doubtful Chara deals him or he waives....1000 to 1

Seids- should be better next year one year removed from injury

Dougie- aint going

Krug- expect him back

Miller-affordable

so.....that leaves one opening and its time for Morrow I'd think

I really hope Boston drafts a defenseman in the first round, or picks up another second and drafts 3 in their first four picks

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I agree but couldn't come up with anyone- and the way I look at it is this (realistically)

Chara- very doubtful Chara deals him or he waives....1000 to 1

Seids- should be better next year one year removed from injury

Dougie- aint going

Krug- expect him back

Miller-affordable

so.....that leaves one opening and its time for Morrow I'd think

I really hope Boston drafts a defenseman in the first round, or picks up another second and drafts 3 in their first four picks

Do you think Looch can net us a young D-man? That's the only circumstances that I would trade him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
DKH I really like the look of that lineup, & I also think (hope) Chara & Seidenberg both rebound next season healthy & refreshed. Do you see Morrow being a top-4 as soon as next season? He looked sharp in his short stint this season.

no idea about Joe- I like him, but I'm told he has brain farts in defensive end but that is what I am told....I want to see him in there but I 'think' Claude is not a fan- just the way I feel on.

They appear to be going to move Loui with that big bottom 6 contract- Connolly according to Peter is a top 6 so???? maybe Loui goes for a puck moving defenseman in a package with say a young center (assuming Soda resigns)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Do you think Looch can net us a young D-man? That's the only circumstances that I would trade him.
I'm like Sheppy here in a way in that I want a tough team and Lucic still has that element....big, big, big, BIG year for #17. I think he stays a Bruins.

Lucic is a polarizing figure- he's the ultimate tease but in the end you are paying for an expected 25 goals and a physical game.

He's not untouchable but I just cant deal him- but that is me

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I'm like Sheppy here in a way in that I want a tough team and Lucic still has that element....big, big, big, BIG year for #17. I think he stays a Bruins.

Lucic is a polarizing figure- he's the ultimate tease but in the end you are paying for an expected 25 goals and a physical game.

He's not untouchable but I just cant deal him- but that is me

I definitely respect your stance. No doubt #17 Is a game changer when he decide to play. I don't think the Bruins will have the $$$ to pay him which is why I want to use him in a trade. I also think that if the Bruins are convinced that they can't pay him, they should avoid the "rental" tag on Looch to maximize his value and trade him in the offseason.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I want this team to deal Lucic because I can not escape the idea that his contract is going to kill us. He's going to get paid way more than his points justify because of his "presence", but that presence is inconsistent and seemingly reliant upon circumstances and maybe even linemates. In a city that overvalues tough guys with a GM who loves the status quo and doesn't mind overpaying, that contract is a recipe for disaster. And even after we sign him we know we still need a 25 goal plus guy on top of him? No way, can't do it.

I do everytjing I can to pry Hall from Edmonton with Lucic and Subban as the bait.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta

Smith-Soderberg-Kassian

Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Dougie-Chara

Morrow-Seidenberg

Krug-Miller

I'm afraid we are going to be average team next year again,
our biggest issue is the D and I doubt chia will do anything to help it.
+ He's probably going to spend all of our cap on re-signing our boys which isn't good enough, not even close.

But I do think kassian for eriksson may happen during the offseason,
that extra cap goes straight to re-signing our boys.

I still can't understand how chia didn't help our D and his comments makes me very nervous when thinking of this offseason.

So 1st just fire him and get a new GM who realizes this team just isn't good enough. Everyone else expect chia knows our D is brutal.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I want this team to deal Lucic because I can not escape the idea that his contract is going to kill us. He's going to get paid way more than his points justify because of his "presence", but that presence is inconsistent and seemingly reliant upon circumstances and maybe even linemates. In a city that overvalues tough guys with a GM who loves the status quo and doesn't mind overpaying, that contract is a recipe for disaster. And even after we sign him we know we still need a 25 goal plus guy on top of him? No way, can't do it.

I do everytjing I can to pry Hall from Edmonton with Lucic and Subban as the bait.

I have to say that the reason why I'm a big Bergeron fan is his incredible consistency. You know exactly what you have in stock with him; nights in, nights out. Not the case with Looch and Krejci.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta

Smith-Soderberg-Kassian

Talbot-Kelly-Ferlin

Dougie-Chara

Morrow-Seidenberg

Krug-Miller

I guess I am one of the only ones who remembers that Seidenberg was not very good before he got injured last season. Returning to that form only makes him slightly better than he is now. I have huge doubts that he can return to 2011 form.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad