Next year's starting goalie

Samurai32

Jun 6, 2023
Who do you guys think will be our starting goalie next year?

I'm unsure if Korpisalo will be back?

Do you think Copley will get the nod or another free agent like Hellabuck?

Curious of your thoughts...

Go Kings Go!

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
King's don't really have space to add a goalie without moving cap out.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
How quickly things change... lol. I have no clue now :P It all depends on if we reach free agency without signing Gavrikov or Korpisalo, but now that cap space has been cleared and Petersen was sent to Philly, I have a feeling we might re-sign Korpisalo. I am still not sold on Gavrikov agreeing to terms here though.

Reactions: lumbergh

Samurai32

Jun 6, 2023
I like Korpisalo but man I think he was exposed going top corner in the playoffs... Do you guys agree? Heard Thatcher Demko rumours were hot before getting Korpi? Maybe run with Copley but I don't feel confident in that ....

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Who do you guys think will be our starting goalie next year?

I'm unsure if Korpisalo will be back?

Do you think Copley will get the nod or another free agent like Hellabuck?

Curious of your thoughts...

Go Kings Go!
Helly is not a free agent. Has 1 more season remaining for 23-24. Will have to trade for him.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
I take it with a grain of salt but Hoven said in his article that Gibson/Helle route was gone because of the cap and Korpisalo wasn’t an option anymore. So if that’s true, who the heck can they get? They have to improve the goalie position don’t they??

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I take it with a grain of salt but Hoven said in his article that Gibson/Helle route was gone because of the cap and Korpisalo wasn’t an option anymore. So if that’s true, who the heck can they get? They have to improve the goalie position don’t they??
Available goalies that you'd want on a playoff team that are cheap cap wise. Can't be too many.

Reactions: Docgonzo

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Sign a couple of 6ft 5in+ tall middling goalies. Let them battle it out in camp.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Just taking a look at the free agent list for goalies. This is sorted by games played last season.

Martin Jones
Tristan Jarry
James Reimer
Jonathan Quick
Joonas Korpisalo
Cam Talbot
Frederik Andersen
Antti Raanta
Alex Stalock
Adin Hill
Jaro Halak
Semyon Varlamov
Brian Elliot
Thomas Greiss
David Riitch
Collin Delia
Anthony Stolarz
Magnus Hellberg
Michael Hutchinson
Alex Nedeljkovic

Not many there that fills me with confidence.

Quick isn't coming back, doubt they go back to Jones, Canes will probably bring back Andersen, Knights will bring back Hill.

Korpisalo is probably the front runner and probably our best option, then maybe I'd say Varlamov I guess?

Reactions: lumbergh

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Just taking a look at the free agent list for goalies. This is sorted by games played last season.

Martin Jones
Tristan Jarry
James Reimer
Jonathan Quick
Joonas Korpisalo
Cam Talbot
Frederik Andersen
Antti Raanta
Alex Stalock
Adin Hill
Jaro Halak
Semyon Varlamov
Brian Elliot
Thomas Greiss
David Riitch
Collin Delia
Anthony Stolarz
Magnus Hellberg
Michael Hutchinson
Alex Nedeljkovic

Not many there that fills me with confidence.

Quick isn't coming back, doubt they go back to Jones, Canes will probably bring back Andersen, Knights will bring back Hill.

Korpisalo is probably the front runner and probably our best option, then maybe I'd say Varlamov I guess?
FWIW, in Mayor's article today he said it's not expected Korpisalo will be an option for the Kings.

Not exciting, but I kind of like Stolarz. You look at his career numbers, they're pretty good. He's never actually played on a good team before. He's 6ft 6in.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
FWIW, in Mayor's article today he said it's not expected Korpisalo will be an option for the Kings.
Feels like he's assuming no other contract gets moved based on how much money he thinks is available for a goalie. Would rather spend an extra .5-2mil for a Korpi/Jarry/Hill than hope a cheaper guy + Copley can work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad