Speculation: Next year's line-up? (Image)

Dexter Colt

Oct 29, 2007
Mendham, NJ
I'm no handwriting expert but here goes :laugh:
  • There seem to be 3 kinds of 4s. The triangle, and single- and double stroke field goal types. Both Babcock and Renney seem to use the latter kind.
  • Neither Babcock nor Renney make the loop at the bottom left corner of the number 2.
  • Number 9 looks like it could be either one's.
  • Babcock seems to write the number 8 as two circles. This may or may not be the case on number 18 in that image.

Renney's assumed handwriting taken from here. If it's him, he sure takes care of his fingernails.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm no handwriting expert but here goes :laugh:
  • There seem to be 3 kinds of 4s. The triangle, and single- and double stroke field goal types. Both Babcock and Renney seem to use the latter kind.
  • Neither Babcock nor Renney make the loop at the bottom left corner of the number 2.
  • Number 9 looks like it could be either one's.
  • Babcock seems to write the number 8 as two circles. This may or may not be the case on number 18 in that image.

Renney's assumed handwriting taken from here. If it's him, he sure takes care of his fingernails.

The 8s and 1s in my original image in the OP and the one I found on google match up really well. Seems like it's Babcocks handwriting.

This thread is awesome lol.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
OMG! I just came home from dinner with friends and found this piece of paper on my coffee table. It must have been Mike Babcock who wrote it! Lineup 14-15.jpg

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd experiment with the lines a la Bowman, and probably start out with this.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Alfredsson
Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen
Tatar-Weiss-Sheahan
Abdelkader-Helm-Jurco

Reserves are kind of a question mark. Glendening, Miller, Callahan,
Dumping the three geezers: Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson.

Kronwall - E
DeKeyser - ??
?? - ??

I'm all for trying out XO or Sproul at this point. Or Marchenko. Realistically, KFQ is probably coming back. Defense is a giant glaring hole that needs fixing.

Monster
Howard (bench his ass for a while, he's earned it)
Mrazek gets call ups.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Bjm3oytIUAATk9E.jpg

Thought this deserves it's own thread (Jaster's idea actually)

Don't know much about the guy who broke this, but apparently this was left in the Wings media room.
Story: https://mobile.twitter.com/anthonyfenech/status/448591549606416384

If those are the lines next year, or for the playoffs, I'd be pretty stoked.

He writes for the Freep, highly doubt this has any ties whatsoever to anything the Wings have planned. Let's get Helena St James to ask Holland about what it means. :laugh:

Khan might be the only guy covering the Wings who is reliable for info on future moves.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
OMG! I just came home from dinner with friends and found this piece of paper on my coffee table. It must have been Mike Babcock who wrote it! View attachment 72109

But whom do you have as your 4th line right winger? Based on the symbol in the original post I can only assume we are signing the artist formerly known as Prince this summer. Kenneh does love his old guys. :sarcasm:

crashman

Can we please not resign Alfredsson

I know he's gonna be 41 or whatever, what better wingers can you sign for $5m? Vanek, Hemsky, Moulson? Those guys are gonna get paid bigtime, and Holland probably won't get in a bidding war for any of them. Hemsky might be a possibility if Alfredsson doesn't return, but even at 41, Alfie might be the better player.

It's obvious that Cleary and Sammy are done here, and I think it's 95% likely Bert is too.

TBH, the only thing that concerns me about our forward situation next year is what happens with the health of D & Z, and how the Weiss/Legwand situation plays out. I really don't see the point in keeping both of them, but we're probably stuck with Weiss. Weiss has a ****-ton to prove next season, he's been such a disappointment thus far.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
The circled forwards must be guys who don't have to go threw waivers and could be sent down (Jurco, Anderson, and Gledinning)

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
The circled forwards must be guys who don't have to go threw waivers and could be sent down (Jurco, Anderson, and Gledinning)

Andersson is no longer waiver exempt. And Glendening won't be either, if he plays 11 more games this season/playoffs.

aLus

Jun 27, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
So something I just noticed...

The original image we're analyzing has not one but TWO kinds of 4s. One used the fieldgoal style. The other the triangle. I don't know many people that switch between those seamlessly. I think we're looking at two different people... plot thickens.

The second 4 is actually a 9 and they're bringing Fedorov back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad