Speculation: Next year's line-up? (Image)

NyquistIsMyGod*

You guys do realize that there's absolutely no chance Glendening returns to Grand Rapids, yes? Babs is in love with this kid.

I can't buy too much into this story though.

Huddy*

Aug 6, 2009
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Are we really analyzing potential lines that were "left"by Wings personal, that happened to be written on a piece of paper below the Bruins Roster??!?!?!?

OmG 2 different color of pens were used...

OmG the players numbers are circled, boxed, underlined, etc, OmG

I am just going to stop b/c its ridiculous to even assume this was left by a coach/mgmt....

:handclap::handclap:

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
How come no one questions the reliability of the note? Couldn't just anyone have left it there to start a rumor?

Eh, no one in pro hockey cares about nerd forums like this one. It's not even on their radar. They have far bigger concerns. Sure, in theory someone with access to an NHL media room could have left that sheet in order to jerk around a bunch of message boards, but it's far more likely a couple people from the organization (likely coaches/management) were BSing around, wrote that stuff down, and accidentally left it. Thing is, even though it probably did come from legit sources, it was probably just brainstorming at best. Nothing concrete. Still, I think the main interest is the clues it offers in regards to how at least some in the organization view certain players relative to others. And really, that's where I find it most credible. I think what's written on that sheet is probably the closest to what the organization is thinking. Everything jives.

Last edited:

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Are we really analyzing potential lines that were "left"by Wings personal, that happened to be written on a piece of paper below the Bruins Roster??!?!?!?

OmG 2 different color of pens were used...

OmG the players numbers are circled, boxed, underlined, etc, OmG

I am just going to stop b/c its ridiculous to even assume this was left by a coach/mgmt....

:handclap::handclap:

Yes, we really are, because for some of us it's a more interesting topic than 90% of what's being posted on this forum lately :)

I just see no reason it wasn't left by someone legit. Who else, with the playoffs on the horizon, would be concerned about the Wings roster going into next season? I just don't see a scenario where it's more likely from some rando than it is from a credible source.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Seems fake. I doubt the team is already thinking about next season. And this information wouldn't be written down on a piece of paper like that. It's probably lines for the playoffs if the team makes it in and the players that are injured return.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Seems fake. I doubt the team is already thinking about next season. And this information wouldn't be written down on a piece of paper like that. It's probably lines for the playoffs if the team makes it in and the players that are injured return.

Alfredsson and Legwand getting put in the pressbox for the playoffs? :laugh: This definitely isn't for the playoffs.

And I sure as **** hope the team is thinking about next season (and would be stunned if they weren't). And future seasons on top of that.

Finally, yes, this kind of information, from a brainstorming perspective, is written on lineup cards and stat sheets all the time by hockey personnel.

probertrules24

Jul 10, 2007
Canada
Only issue I have is who knows who wrote those numbers down. Who's to say it wasn't the guy who posted it on Twitter. Fans are constantly playing around with lineups. I have no idea who the guy was on Twitter and not saying he made this all up but do we know if he's legit. Theres just way to much speculation around a random piece of paper with numbers written on it.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
watch for a shot of the wings whiteboard in their dressing room or for when Babcock/coaches start writing on something at the bench. Should be able to get a good idea if some of these guys wrote it if things like their sevens, threes, and slashes match.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
watch for a shot of the wings whiteboard in their dressing room or for when Babcock/coaches start writing on something at the bench. Should be able to get a good idea if some of these guys wrote it if things like their sevens, threes, and slashes match.

We're going to need some damn fine zoom and enhance capabilities.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
How the HELL did that video not include the Super Troopers scene? Just..... for shame.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007

I'm gonna go back to the 24/7 episodes and investigate. We'll get to the bottom of this yet.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We're going to need some damn fine zoom and enhance capabilities.

I'm gonna go back to the 24/7 episodes and investigate. We'll get to the bottom of this yet.

When we were going after Suter, didn't someone have flight plans for Red Bird II posted for when Ilitch was going to Wisconsin to try to get Suter signed?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see someone scan through those 24/7 episodes to pick out the numbers.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see someone scan through those 24/7 episodes to pick out the numbers.

I'm actually half serious :laugh: If those episodes are still on my DVR. I might have deleted them, can't remember :(

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Haha this is some serious P.I. stuff.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Based upon my expert analysis, having watched a handful of Pawn Stars episodes, I don't think it's Babcock's handwriting. At least on the numbers. The 0 and 8 pictured here don't appear to have any relation to the ones in the image.

41qB0h4GMqL.jpg

Here's some more possible numbers. I'm assuming Babcock wrote both the 08 and the 2010 gold in this photo, but who knows.

nig1HTw.jpg

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So something I just noticed...

The original image we're analyzing has not one but TWO kinds of 4s. One used the fieldgoal style. The other the triangle. I don't know many people that switch between those seamlessly. I think we're looking at two different people... plot thickens.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Honestly I don't know of any coach or team employee who would create a future lineup during the season with current player's names crossed off as if to say they aren't wanted back.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
brian boyle is UFA. 6'6. babcock said before the first rangers game that he always impresses him.

there's your first line winger next season.

OR

taylor pyatt is also UFA. 6'4. AND he wears number 14.

2+2=?

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Honestly I don't know of any coach or team employee who would create a future lineup during the season with current player's names crossed off as if to say they aren't wanted back.

If they think the lineup is only between themselves, why not? Wings management and coaches surely talk about roster makeup throughout the year, and have ideas of who will be around long-term and who will not. Wouldn't surprise me if they decide during the season on certain players not coming back. My best guess at that lineup is that only Cleary falls into that category; the category that says "we will not offer this UFA a contract." I suspect they know, or believe, Bert will be retiring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad