Friedman: Next Year Is An “All In Year” For Colorado

hughdreamz

Jun 24, 2006
Michigan
Sakic won’t do longer than 2-3 years. He didn’t give term to Panarin so he won’t for Hall. My guess is he offers $10-11M for a 1 year and $9M for 2-3 years.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
What he does for a living requires credibility, if you believe he is just making things up for the sake of it I don't know what to say. He's probably heard some things and speculated from there.

He might feel like he has nothing to lose if he’s written off the idea that he might one day get info from inside the Avs.

Haven’t you seen the numerous comments by the Avs fans? What’s changed? Do you think he suddenly has a source?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Shooter Tutor is an upgrade on Francouz
And way more durable than Grubauer. God i hope the Avs stick with Grubauer and Francouz! That would be sublime.
I think they should. See how they are doing and trade for a goalie in the deadline if needed. If they can trade for Kuemper do it.

What I find funny is how many other posters (Most of them are Habs fans though coincidentally) come out of the woodwork to tell us “we told you that your goalies were weak” when none of them have followed the Avs the entire season like us. There is nothing like absolutely nothing that told us this would happen in the playoffs. I still believe in them. If there’s something to be worked is the defense and ffs the god damn special teams. IMO that’s what costed us the series.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think they should. See how they are doing and trade for a goalie in the deadline if needed. If they can trade for Kuemper do it.

What I find funny is how many other posters (Most of them are Habs fans though coincidentally) come out of the woodwork to tell us “we told you that your goalies were weak” when none of them have followed the Avs the entire season like us. There is nothing like absolutely nothing that told us this would happen. I still believe in them. If there’s something to be worked is the defense and ffs the god damn special teams. IMO that’s what costed us the series.

Maybe you guys are terrible at evaluating goaltending... i dunno - it was obvious to me! ;)

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
He might feel like he has nothing to lose if he’s written off the idea that he might one day get info from inside the Avs.

Haven’t you seen the numerous comments by the Avs fans? What’s changed? Do you think he suddenly has a source?

No, I think he's speculating as has been explained by other Avs fans, I do not think he is lying.

Just relaying a bit of info hes heard from somewhere that he trusts enough to talk about.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Maybe you guys are terrible at evaluating goaltending... i dunno - it was obvious to me! ;)
It was obvious because you have probably only watched the games against the Habs, play ins and the playoffs. I think most of you just lucked out wanting to be right because of the many Avs fans turning down your Price to the Avs proposals. Both goalies were more than good in the regular season again nothing told us this would happen the playoffs. The only thing was Francouz inexperience and Grubs getting injured after being good last year in the playoffs. We Avs fans also think that Francouz played injured kinda weird when Hutch takes his place and was now unfit to play. Also Bednar confirming that both goalies were a week or weeks before coming back.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It was obvious because you have probably only watched the games against the Habs, play ins and the playoffs. I think most of you just lucked out wanting to be right because of the many Avs fans turning down your Price to the Avs proposals. Both goalies were more than good in the regular season again nothing told us this would happen the playoffs. The only thing was Francouz inexperience and Grubs getting injured after being good last year in the playoffs. We Avs fans also think that Francouz played injured kinda weird when Hutch takes his place and was now unfit to play. Also Bednar confirming that both goalies were a week or weeks before coming back.

There is no such thing as “lucked out on being right”. I was right! Period!

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
There is no such thing as “lucked out on being right”. I was right! Period!
I still mean what I said you can disagree with it. I think with this there’s room to learn and probably trade for a goalie comes the deadline and fix the freaking special teams. Goalie were good in the regular season but special teams were not. When you have that much offense power your PP shouldn’t 19th below Arizona and just above Buffalo.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
People called me dumb for saying Andersen to Colorado, but I feel like it's perfect.

1 year contract, no long term commitment, low actual salary, lower cost to acquire than other targets in the same tier.

Most important is the no bloated commitment that many UFA goalies will ask for.

Andersen for Timmins and we’ll call it a day.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I still mean what I said you can disagree with it. I think with this there’s room to learn and probably trade for a goalie comes the deadline and fix the freaking special teams. Goalie were good in the regular season but special teams were not. When you have that much offense power your PP shouldn’t 19th below Arizona and just above Buffalo.

I think now is the time to upgrade. Especially with a compressed schedule next season. There will be lots of injuries due to the lack of recovery time. Its pretty shitty to be honest. I played junior B and was injured all season (goalie). Groin issues to this day.

Waiting til deadline day may result in getting another Hutchinson...

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I think now is the time to upgrade. Especially with a compressed schedule. Waiting til deadline day may result in getting another Hutchinson...
Kuemper would be a great addition if we can snag him without giving the likes of Newhook, Byram or Timmins. Otherwise we would have to gamble on a goalie like Murray which kinda scares me.

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Kuemper would be a great addition if we can snag him without giving the likes of Newhook, Byram or Timmins. Otherwise we would have to gamble on a goalie like Murray which kinda scares me.

I would take Murray or Leaf’s Andersen id available. I am not high on Kuemper. Say what you want about Murray but he is proven. 2 cups are significant. And i hate the Pens.

Also if the Avs are truly all in then you want a goalie with cup experience on a young Inexperienced team.

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sakic made it pretty clear yesterday that he like the Grubauer-Francouz tandem going into next season. He expanded on how Francouz wasn’t healthy at any point in the bubble and he simply wasn’t able to play at his normal level which was pretty clear. It was like watching a completely different goalie in the playoffs vs regular season.

I think Sakic goes into next year with the same tandem and pulls a Vegas adding a solid goalie as a rental at the deadline for insurance while their cap hit won’t be as impactful thanks to the pro rata. Unfortunately for Colorado, Grubauer got hurt. It’s not that he wasn’t good enough. He was actually lights out in the playoffs. It’s that he got hurt. Of Grubauer never got hurt nobody is likely discussing Colorado’s goaltending right now.

I think Sakic will want 3 capable playoff goalies next year.

Reactions: Richard88

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Sakic made it pretty clear yesterday that he like the Grubauer-Francouz tandem going into next season. He expanded on how Francouz wasn’t healthy at any point in the bubble and he simply wasn’t able to play at his normal level which was pretty clear. It was like watching a completely different goalie in the playoffs vs regular season.

I think Sakic goes into next year with the same tandem and pulls a Vegas adding a solid goalie as a rental at the deadline for insurance while their cap hit won’t be as impactful thanks to the pro rata. Unfortunately for Colorado, Grubauer got hurt. It’s not that he wasn’t good enough. He was actually lights out in the playoffs. It’s that he got hurt. Of Grubauer never got hurt nobody is likely discussing Colorado’s goaltending right now.

I think Sakic will want 3 capable playoff goalies next year.

Lights out? Didn’t he get lit-up in game 1 against Dallas?

he is unreliable due to injuries...

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Carey Price gave up 3 goals on his first 7 shots in the game the Habs got eliminated for the playoffs so I guess you would know.

He ended up with 33 shots on goal and a .909 save percentage. Redlight Grubauer had a 0.700 save percentage. He got lit up. He wasn’t lights out. He had a bad sunburn.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
One year at 8 million for Hall, lol. Colorado should have been more of a buyer this deadline and last in my opinion, buy the organization refuses to make big moves. I guess the good news is if they miss their window opportunity, they have good assets and young players to not go rebuild mode. Just retool.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Why yes I Taylor Hall would love to sign on for a year to make the same or less AAV than I would with a long term deal in the open market and risk injury and tens of millions in a long term deal.

This. All that yap yap about "I want to win" that every free agent says is BS. He'll go where he gets maximum dollars, period. Even if it's a Buffalo or Ottawa or some other bottom feeder that won't win a damn thing. If he actually places any priority on winning, then a one year deal with a team like Colorado would be an option.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
One year at 8M? Would Hall even get less than that on long term deal? I doubt it. IMO there’s zero chance Hall would do a one year deal unless it’s close to the max.
So, maybe its $10 million, or more.

If we get back to topic, will the Avs look at this as an "all-in" year?

Are there any one or two year deals that could really help the Avs? If so, for whom?

Which goaltender do you think the Avs will try to land?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad