Friedman: Next Year Is An “All In Year” For Colorado

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
1:25 So, You Lost. What Now? | Podcasts - Sportsnet.ca

Some direct quotes from podcast

- “Next year is an all in year for them”

- When Marek asks will they add a goaltender Friedman’s response was “everything is on the table”

- “ They know the year after they have to extend Landeskog and Makar. Those are big numbers, right? So next year is an allll in year. You remember that they went out and offered Panarin big money, short term which was creative. I have a feeling that they’re gonna do that for one year. They’re going to go out to people and say we’ll offer you big money, one year.”

- “If Taylor Hall wants one year at a big number in a place where he gets a chance to win a Stanley Cup I can see them going to Taylor Hall and saying you want one year at 8 million? Or you know, pick the number!I see them saying it to a goalie.”

- “I think Colorado next year, “All in year” and they’re going to be creative”.

After signing RFA’s he expects them to be at 16m in cap space.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
Great idea, one year deals are low risk high reward. Didn't the Avs do something similar back in the day with kariya and selanne? Didn't work but definitely worth a shot. I'd pay hall just about anything if I could get him for 1 yr with that core.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Boston should be competive with Hall
Need and money

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
People called me dumb for saying Andersen to Colorado, but I feel like it's perfect.

1 year contract, no long term commitment, low actual salary, lower cost to acquire than other targets in the same tier.

Most important is the no bloated commitment that many UFA goalies will ask for.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
People called me dumb for saying Andersen to Colorado, but I feel like it's perfect.

1 year contract, no long term commitment, low actual salary, lower cost to acquire than other targets in the same tier.

If we're trading for a goalie, we want an upgrade over Grubauer. Freddy is not that.

Reactions: Richard88

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

I’d assume if they add a goalie it’s for someone better than Grubauer. Otherwise I’d bank on them sticking with their current tandem.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
He's not lying, he's just speculating. He has no inside info on the Avs. The only guy who has shown to have that in is Ryan Clark at this point. And he only get the info the Avs want him to get.
Makes sense, and I'll keep ryan clark in mind when reading about the Avs. Thanks!

Reactions: CanuckCity

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
One year at 8M? Would Hall even get less than that on long term deal? I doubt it. IMO there’s zero chance Hall would do a one year deal unless it’s close to the max.

i do not doubt he might do it,
its the Marion Hossa 2008 RedWings play -
sign for 1 w contender, chase a Cup,
sign long-term with preferred team aftrewards.
AND expansion draft makes that even more desirable to deep contending signing teams

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Do you think the Avs would go for Holtby or Lehner? Also, is there any word on them going for Pietrangelo?

I think they'd be better off going the route of getting a solid D-man and goalie over Hall.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Idk about that strategy, I think they're better off to try and maximize their roster strength over the next three seasons. Pry Savard and Anderson out of Columbus and/or offersheet Pulock. Leverage draft picks that won't make an immediate impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad