Friedman: Next Year Is An “All In Year” For Colorado

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Why dont the Avs go after Krejci?

Something like a 2020 1st, 2021 2nd and Jost?

They get to increase their center Depthm can have kadri play either 3C or 2LW and have a 60ish point Center who's signed for only one year

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Why dont the Avs go after Krejci?

Something like a 2020 1st, 2021 2nd and Jost?

That is basically more value leaving the Avs than a 6.5-8.7m offersheet would cost.

If Sakic wants to pay those prices, I'd just as well see him take a stab at a guy who may fit into the core a bit longer

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Big difference in situation between Sundin in his late 30's vs a 28 going on 29 Hall.

I have to say as a Canuck's fan, when the JT Miller trade went down at the draft, I was thinking to myself, this sounded more like a trade that Colorado should be making, as his contract would expire in the same year as MacKinnon's. Seemed like a better fit to get another guy whose game is similar to Landy. Didn't expect a 70 odd point pace from Miller, more around mid to high 50's as he did crack the 50's before.

Think that is what Colorado has to do. Use their cap space to pick up quality players that other teams have to let go due to a flat cap. Teams like STL, NYI, TB, CBS, TOR, etc are mostly capped out, so if a player with a NTC waives it, I would imagine Colorado would make the list.

Pretty much this. Prices for both UFA's and trade targets should be extremely reasonable, it's just a matter of being patient and taking advantage of the right deal.

The Tampa situation should be the primary focus for Sakic. Whether it's an OS (Cirelli/Serg/Cernak) or a trade (Killorn/Palat/Gourde) either way there should be a deal to be had there at a good value.

Reactions: Bender

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Probably Makar as well
An arguably better goalie (Lehner) was just traded for a 2nd and a terrible backup goalie and will cost about half as much as a cap hit.

Somehow Price is worth a future Norris winner, a recent 4th overall pick and anither great prospect?

Or is this weird sarcasm I don't understand

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Hall and Pietrangelo should get together and sign 1 year deals with Colorado and just torch the league.

Sure, it didn't work with Kariya and Selanne but f*** it.
5 years later, we learn that one of them had destroyed their knees and no longer was an impact player.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
An arguably better goalie (Lehner) was just traded for a 2nd and a terrible backup goalie and will cost about half as much as a cap hit.

Somehow Price is worth a future Norris winner, a recent 4th overall pick and anither great prospect?

Or is this weird sarcasm I don't understand

Lehner is clearly inferior, and he is an upcoming UFA. With Price you have the concrete security of his long term contract, and he’s the best goaltender in the NHL. Just look at the player polls.

When you get a chance to secure a guy who can really anchor your goaltending position until he retires you have to do it. Plus, he brings that winning experience that can really push the Avs over the top.

Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lehner is clearly inferior, and he is an upcoming UFA. With Price you have the concrete security of his long term contract, and he’s the best goaltender in the NHL. Just look at the player polls.

When you get a chance to secure a guy who can really anchor your goaltending position until he retires you have to do it. Plus, he brings that winning experience that can really push the Avs over the top.
Winning experience? Not in the NHL he doesn't...

He is FAR from the obvious #1G. He hasn't won anything in how many years? The only year he actually won anything...

Lehner has been the better goalie for the past two seasons.

You have the "security" of a contract that's almost unanimously viewed as one of the worst in the whole league... That's supposed to be some kind of major bonus for him?

Makar alone is worth so much more than Price, and you won't find anyone who thinks differently who isn't a Habs fan.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Some of these posts are wild. If anyone knows the Avalanche and there front office they don’t rush stuff and they sure don’t trade the farm because of one bad outcome. How long did it take Sakic to trade Duchene? He goes after players that add to what the core already is with in mind they have to be around the same age. We have some vets here in Johnson, Calvert, etc all with playoff experience. And I’m sure after hearing that Frank was playing injured and Grubauer getting hurt he’s gonna ride them again this year because not only are they cost efficient they were really good in the regular season and Grubauer was excellent until his injury in the playoffs. All I see for the Avalanche this offseason is more depth and more defence. Hope I never see Ian Cole play another game for them, guy is DONE.

The issue is next year is the last year they are getting cushy contracts from their core. After that you have Landy and Makar up and following that it just starts getting worse.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Next level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad