Next trade for the Leafs.

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
Lupul- nothing
Bozak - Decent prospect
Phaneuf- Would have to retain and then probably a good prospect and a 2nd.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
We need to keep some players, we can't get rid of ALL the vets and have a very young and inexperienced team. If we get rid of everyone, we will be the next Oilers and be bottom feeders for a decade.

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
I really don't see Lupul being traded. But that's cool, I like him. Hopefully he can stay relatively healthy this year.

Bozak won't get a good return at all I don't think. He's basically a third line centre...maybe a "get you by" kind of second line centre. I know I wouldn't give up much unless I were a team in dire need of him, but his cap hit is probably a bit much for those teams to absorb. I would think a 2nd would get it done.

Dion probably stays, I feel like Babcock is eyeing him as Kronwall 2.0. Plus we'd have to retain, at least we would if we trade him now, and that's not a good call for the team.

I really do think JVR could be gone.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I really hope we move these guys before the season starts and don't 'Babcock' our way out of the top 10 in the coming draft.

It's too soon to be picking in the teens again like the old Leafs 'rebuilds'...

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
Phaneuf isn't moving from what ive heard because Babcock likes him. Leafs haven't even received an offer on Lupul Bozak. Due to the low price on forwards maybe the Leafs could go after Skinner and hope he returns to form(30/30). We could trade our 2nd since it will likely be top 5 + Finn + another good asset. People would say there is no use because we are in a rebuild but it would speed it up if we buy players while there value is low and let it rise in Toronto like Raymond, Santorelli and Winnik. Maybe since gm's are smartning up Franson isnt going to get 6x6 and maybe get 4.5x4/5. Hes a good leader and I would consider that. Also give Santorelli a 2x2 deal.

Van Riemsdyk - Skinner - Lupul
Booth - Kadri - Santorelli
Holland - Bozak - Arcobello/Panik
Komarov - Spaling - Winnik

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Reilly - Franson
Hunwick/Marincin/Robidas - Polak

Bernier
Reimer

It would still be a bottom feeder. Sorry I wasnt sure if Skinner is a center or a winger. I heard rumours that Nonis was interested in getting him to be the 1C in the lockout year.

Skinner's concussion issues scare me away. I'm not sure how many more of those hits he can take before he is forced to retire.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Phaneuf isn't moving from what ive heard because Babcock likes him. Leafs haven't even received an offer on Lupul Bozak. Due to the low price on forwards maybe the Leafs could go after Skinner and hope he returns to form(30/30). We could trade our 2nd since it will likely be top 5 + Finn + another good asset. People would say there is no use because we are in a rebuild but it would speed it up if we buy players while there value is low and let it rise in Toronto like Raymond, Santorelli and Winnik. Maybe since gm's are smartning up Franson isnt going to get 6x6 and maybe get 4.5x4/5. Hes a good leader and I would consider that. Also give Santorelli a 2x2 deal.

Van Riemsdyk - Skinner - Lupul
Booth - Kadri - Santorelli
Holland - Bozak - Arcobello/Panik
Komarov - Spaling - Winnik

Gardiner - Phaneuf
Reilly - Franson
Hunwick/Marincin/Robidas - Polak

Bernier
Reimer

It would still be a bottom feeder. Sorry I wasnt sure if Skinner is a center or a winger. I heard rumours that Nonis was interested in getting him to be the 1C in the lockout year.

I don't see the reasoning behind getting Skinner. Unless it's in hopes that he gets concussed and we get a lot more cap space.....that's macabre as hell though!

His health issues would scare me if this team wanted to add to a contender, even despite his obvious skill.

They want to go down in the standings, not up. There's no reason to go after Skinner really.

As for Franson, he's not even remotely considering coming back, and why would he? He was dicked around here for some time and finally got his wish of being traded away from this trainwreck. Why would he want to come back?

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I have a feeling Paajarvi ends up a Leaf ,he fits the mold of young fast player Shanahan would like and he comes cheap.

DontPanik

Jul 3, 2015
Martin, Slovakia
I really don't see Lupul being traded. But that's cool, I like him. Hopefully he can stay relatively healthy this year.

Bozak won't get a good return at all I don't think. He's basically a third line centre...maybe a "get you by" kind of second line centre. I know I wouldn't give up much unless I were a team in dire need of him, but his cap hit is probably a bit much for those teams to absorb. I would think a 2nd would get it done.

Dion probably stays, I feel like Babcock is eyeing him as Kronwall 2.0. Plus we'd have to retain, at least we would if we trade him now, and that's not a good call for the team.

I really do think JVR could be gone.

I don't think the Leafs should keep Lupul if they can get something for him. He's old and even when he was healthy last season, he still only put up 21 points in 55 games.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I think the big names are done. All of them will probably get the chance to be worked on by Babcock and see what they can provide. Maybe someone traded in November-ish like the Vanek to NYI trade a few years ago. But guys like Bozak, Phaneuf, Lupul and JVR all seem like Babcock guys; Kessel did not.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I really hope we move these guys before the season starts and don't 'Babcock' our way out of the top 10 in the coming draft.

It's too soon to be picking in the teens again like the old Leafs 'rebuilds'...

Do you think keeping these guys makes any difference?

4th. worst team in the league with Kessel.

Do you believe they can be better without him?

cheeeko

Sep 20, 2012
Halifax, NS
I don't think the Leafs should keep Lupul if they can get something for him. He's old and even when he was healthy last season, he still only put up 21 points in 55 games.

Well that's why I think they won't. He's getting older, is injured a lot and makes too much to justify for 3 more years.

Can't imagine anyone would be interested.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Magnus Pajarvi Svenson?
Yes just a gut feeling. He was never given a proper chance With the Blues with their depth he is not a bad hockey player got rushed in Edmonton and he still can end up being a good player his speed is elite and I can see Leafs picking him up. Remember this player was just traded a couple seasons ago for Perron.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Bozak next week.

Phaneuf stays until December.

Lupul goes next offseason.

Rufio65*

Should try and move Gardiner and Lupul. Just take whatever you can get for these 2 just to ship them out. Lupul is not a guy that you want to keep around for a rebuild but he might be unmovable. Gardiner will become unmovable after this year because he's awful and is laughably soft. JVR might be another guy you'd look to move for a good package.

Not sure what the next trade will be, but JVR will go at some point next year and we will fleece some team.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I'm thinking Bozak first, then JVR.

Polak might be included (probably in the JVR deal) if we're getting a defender back in the trade and the other team needs him to fill the hole.

Lupul we will keep at least to the deadline and then we'll see what the situation is.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
As for Franson, he's not even remotely considering coming back, and why would he? He was dicked around here for some time and finally got his wish of being traded away from this trainwreck. Why would he want to come back?

because he wants to?
per, Franson himself - he wanted to be a Maple Leaf since he was a kid, he understood why he was traded, he loved his time here, and that he hoped on July 1st Toronto would give him an offer. He was never shy about wanting to stay here.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
because he wants to?
per, Franson himself - he wanted to be a Maple Leaf since he was a kid, he understood why he was traded, he loved his time here, and that he hoped on July 1st Toronto would give him an offer. He was never shy about wanting to stay here.

He'd be great here for $3.8/4 yrs. no more though...

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
What do you think the leafs next move will be? Phaneuf, Bozak, and Joffrey Lupul are the big names that are rumoured to be traded in this offseason. If these players were to be traded, what would the Leafs get in return?

I like Bozak but :laugh:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Do you think keeping these guys makes any difference?

4th. worst team in the league with Kessel.

Do you believe they can be better without him?

I believe that Kessel and Phaneuf have enough inherent value to move before the season starts and should not be part of the Leafs for the coming season.

Lupul and even Bozak I don't expect to go. In fact I think would be a mistake to move Lupul now. Lupul is the player that we can get a lot more from with patience. Dion pretty much is what he is. Teams will still value him at defence.

What I would hope is that we don't waste a season playing players that have no future here and sort of bubble us up to around 11th to 15th overall. With a more competent season under a good coach like Babcock. Picking high isn't gonna help us even with Mark Hunter aboard.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
My preferred order 1. Bozak 2. Robidas (not happening) 3. Phaneuf

Lupul won't get anything unless we retain, I'd rather just keep him as another vet and 5.25M will make sure we don't go under the floor after trading DP.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Next big trade at the deadline. Bozak for a 2nd. Lupul has a better season and traded at the draft. Phaneuf traded when Babcock ups his game.

Hopefully Leafs do not retain anymore salaries.

Shanahan: keep up or get left behind Bozak, Phaneuf, Lupul…like Kessel.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad