Next seasons points for Draisaitl

How many points will Draisaitl get next year?

• 80-90

• 90-100

• 100-110

• 110-120

• 120+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I think he'll win the rocket, but I agree that McDavid will edge him for the art ross.

No Rocket for Leon this year. Pastrnak now has a 7-goal lead with 2 games still in hand. But yes, I think McDavid overtakes Leon and probably beats him by 10-15 points by year's end.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I maybe 100% on my own on this train of thought, but I'm not convinced that Drai keeps pace with Connor for much longer. IMO Drai was straight up beastly to start the season at least partly because he knew that Connor would not be himself and that he had to be at his best to get us off to a good start. Now Connor is starting to play like Connor again and I'm wondering if he can keep pace for a full season. Time will tell, but regardless if he keeps pace or not, he was our MVP for the first 1/4 + of the season.

I agree with you here. Connor has been in complete beast mode for the past few weeks. One thing I've noticed is that since Connor returned to his dominant self, Leon has kind of backed off and seems content to let Connor take the reigns. On the one hand, this is a positive testament to Leon's flexibility, but on the other hand, I wonder if keeping him with Connor in this case wastes his talents as he has shown the ability to drive play. With Connor back to 100%, perhaps putting Leon on his own line will rekindle some of the drive he's lost and create two potent lines that create matchup headaches for the opposition.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I picked 80-90 points figuring he'd finish with high 80s. He is definitely surpassing that thus far and I am pleasantly surprised. I could definitely see him finishing over 100 again if he's healthy all season.

It would be amazing if him and McDavid both finished over 120 but that's asking quite a lot. It's a long season, hopefully they can keep their pace up.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I maybe 100% on my own on this train of thought, but I'm not convinced that Drai keeps pace with Connor for much longer. IMO Drai was straight up beastly to start the season at least partly because he knew that Connor would not be himself and that he had to be at his best to get us off to a good start. Now Connor is starting to play like Connor again and I'm wondering if he can keep pace for a full season. Time will tell, but regardless if he keeps pace or not, he was our MVP for the first 1/4 + of the season.

That’s the best part, and it’s one thing McLellan definitely deserves credit for. Drai talked about Todd telling him to not just go follow McDavid, but to try and beat him. That he can be better. This year, we’ve definitely see Leon be the leader on the team. As you say, I’m sure he’s got to regress as well, but it’s sure nice seeing him be able to find that next level when it matters. Drai lead the team in scoring (by 5 points) back when he was only a ~PPG player. Just think what he’s going to do in the playoffs now.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
tenor.png

Reactions: optimism

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
McDAVID, DRAISAITL REACH 50-POINT MARK

Oilers teammates Connor McDavid (19-32—51 in 29 GP) and Leon Draisaitl (18-32—50 in 29 GP) each found the score sheet twice to become the first players to reach the 50-point mark this season. They became the sixth and seventh different players in the last 25 years to reach the 50-point mark in 29 games or less.

FewestGP50Points_Media-02010428.png

* McDavid and Draisaitl became the third and fourth different players in the last 30 years with 50 or more points in a season through games played Dec. 1.

McDavidPointsDec1_Media-02010442.png

* Aside from McDavid and Draisaitl, only two other players in franchise history were at least halfway to 100 points in a season through the first day of December: Wayne Gretzky (7x) and Jari Kurri (1x).

* The pair became the fourth set of teammates in NHL history with 50 or more through games played Dec. 1, joining Gretzky and Kurri in 1983-84 (w/ EDM), Mario Lemieux and Rob Brown in 1988-89 (w/ PIT) as well as Bernie Nicholls and Gretzky in 1988-89 (w/ LAK).

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I know that it's goofy to quote myself but something has been up with Leon lately. I've noticed him getting pushed off the puck a lot easier than he usually does and his skating seems to have taken a hit as well as his overall play. IMO it was very unfair to expect him to keep up his pace from his first 20 games, it was a perfect storm of him taking on all of the responsibility of getting the team off to a good start while Connor was on the mend. I've got a feeling that he's nursing a LBI based on what I've been seeing of him the last number of weeks.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I know that it's goofy to quote myself but something has been up with Leon lately. I've noticed him getting pushed off the puck a lot easier than he usually does and his skating seems to have taken a hit as well as his overall play. IMO it was very unfair to expect him to keep up his pace from his first 20 games, it was a perfect storm of him taking on all of the responsibility of getting the team off to a good start while Connor was on the mend. I've got a feeling that he's nursing a LBI based on what I've been seeing of him the last number of weeks.

I don't think its so complicated as a back injury. I think its more a result of the minutes and heavy play and punishment Drai and McD absorb. Every game Drai is hanging onto pucks and absorbing hits, pressure on puck and often being double teamed. Every part of his body would be sore either through exertion or hit contusion. As in with boxers, MMA, constant infliction of punishment slows any man down. its chopping down trees and its the clear intent of opponents to do this as much as possible with McDrai.

Opponents of the Oilers have one basic job. Outman and physically overwhelm McDrai. Do it every shift.

The trouble being McDrai on this Oilers lineup is that they have to approach virtually every game as a playoff game and you can't bring it that often, for that long. By 3rd and 4th rounds playoff players are exhausted and on fumes. This is essentially where McDrai are at.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't think its so complicated as a back injury. I think its more a result of the minutes and heavy play and punishment Drai and McD absorb. Every game Drai is hanging onto pucks and absorbing hits, pressure on puck and often being double teamed. Every part of his body would be sore either through exertion or hit contusion. As in with boxers, MMA, constant infliction of punishment slows any man down. its chopping down trees and its the clear intent of opponents to do this as much as possible with McDrai.

Opponents of the Oilers have one basic job. Outman and physically overwhelm McDrai. Do it every shift.

The trouble being McDrai on this Oilers lineup is that they have to approach virtually every game as a playoff game and you can't bring it that often, for that long. By 3rd and 4th rounds playoff players are exhausted and on fumes. This is essentially where McDrai are at.

LBI = Lower body injury. Beyond that, I agree that he's battered and bruised as every star player in the NHL is.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LBI = Lower body injury. Beyond that, I agree that he's battered and bruised as every star player in the NHL is.
heh, I never get acronyms. I read it as lower back injury because I have one..

In anycase we're very lucky McD and Drai are built solid. Drai never misses games and McD seldom does.

Drai has missed only 4 GP over the last 4 seasons and hasn't missed one since 2017. Pretty amazing the way he plays. He's a tank.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
heh, I never get acronyms. I read it as lower back injury because I have one..

In anycase we're very lucky McD and Drai are built solid. Drai never misses games and McD seldom does.

Drai has missed only 4 GP over the last 4 seasons and hasn't missed one since 2017. Pretty amazing the way he plays. He's a tank.
He's a Panzer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad