Next seasons points for Draisaitl

How many points will Draisaitl get next year?

• 80-90

• 90-100

• 100-110

• 110-120

• 120+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
that he’s an elite player and keeps producing even though you think he’s only on a hot streak. Clearly it’s not. Without Leon, Connor wouldn’t be what he is.

To the first part: you clearly don't understand the argument that's being made regarding Drai's current level of production (specifically goal scoring) and regression to the mean.

To the second: I have more confidence in McDavid producing at current levels without Drai than Drai producing at current levels without McDavid. That doesn't mean Drai is a bad player on his own, it just means McDavid is in a league of his own.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
To the first part: you clearly don't understand the argument that's being made regarding Drai's current level of production (specifically goal scoring) and regression to the mean.

To the second: I have more confidence in McDavid producing at current levels without Drai than Drai producing at current levels without McDavid. That doesn't mean Drai is a bad player on his own, it just means McDavid is in a league of his own.

Why do you think he will regress?
Ok, maybe his shooting % might next year because he will shoot a ton more so there’s a chance he may not score on almost 1/4 of his shots. But because he might be shooting more he will probably have more goals next year.

50 goals next year before game 75 if he stays healthy.

Yes McDavid is on a league of his own..... shared with Draisaitl.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Why do you think he will regress?
Ok, maybe his shooting % might next year because he will shoot a ton more so there’s a chance he may not score on almost 1/4 of his shots. But because he might be shooting more he will probably have more goals next year.

Yeah? And how much more would he have to shoot to score more goals than he is this year with his elevated sh%?

Well, this year, Drai is on pace for 50 goals on 225 shots. If next season his sh% regresses to his career norm of 14%, in order to hit the 50 goal mark, he'd have to fire almost 360 shots on goal. That's about 135 more shots than he's projected to take this year. Given how rare it is to see those kinds of numbers in the modern age (only 6 players have had seasons with 360+ shots in the last 20 years and the only one to do so on the regular is the greatest goalscorer of all time) I think your prediction is highly unlikely to come to pass.

50 goals next year before game 75 if he stays healthy.

So he's going to average 5 shots a game next season when he's currently averaging about half that?

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
So he's going to average 5 shots a game next season when he's currently averaging about half that?

now you've got it. Let's say 25 shifts a game, 1 shot every 5 shifts, that's ~410 shots a year, 50 goals = Shooting percentage of 12.2%. Now that's at the elite level % that you think is possible.

Last edited:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
now you've got it. Let's say 25 shifts a game, 1 shot every 5 shifts, that's ~410 shots a year, 50 goals = Shooting percentage of 12.2%. Now that's at the elite level % that you think is possible.

Since 1979, there have been 7 seasons in which a player has had 400+ shots.

It's not happening dude.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
Since 1979, there have been 7 seasons in which a player has had 400+ shots.

It's not happening dude.

I don’t feel like quoting all your other wrong posts. But it’s obvious that you need to spend a little more time actually watching hockey games if you’re gonna post about how wrong my Draisaitl comments/predictions are. Although at this point you seem more like a calgarypuck poster. Too bad you couldn’t just agree with me before, but hopefully you’re enjoying watching Leon now. Stop pulling up meaningless stats and listen to actual fans that know what they’re watching, let that be a lesson learned for you.

Reactions: Wewillrise

Bangalter

Aug 21, 2013
I don’t feel like quoting all your other wrong posts. But it’s obvious that you need to spend a little more time actually watching hockey games if you’re gonna post about how wrong my Draisaitl comments/predictions are. Although at this point you seem more like a calgarypuck poster. Too bad you couldn’t just agree with me before, but hopefully you’re enjoying watching Leon now. Stop pulling up meaningless stats and listen to actual fans that know what they’re watching, let that be a lesson learned for you.

What are you even talking about? Draisaitl still isn't putting up 400 shots this year, let alone 300.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I just voted. had him pegged at under 110 points for sure.
Dude has really learned how to take advantage of playing with McDavid on a whole new level and to make matters better (lol we're so used to throwing "to make matters worse" around here that I had to throw that in there) the emergence of Bear has made it much easier for our forwards who feel like scoring goals to do so.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Leon has ONE Powerplay Goal this season (15 ES goals! He had 16 PP goals last season) so his point totals are quit amazing. He's an even strength beast like I said way back in his WHL days.

I really don't care who is better Draisaitl or McDavid. Draisaitl is the type of player you need on a winning team... .not Gaudreau, Eberle, etc.

McDavid87

Jan 5, 2018
[MOD]

Lol.
So the shot total is what you’re gonna in a talk about? Him having less shots and so many goals already (EVEN STRENGTHS MIGHT I ADD) just means he’s even better than I said.

And really? You’re gonna talk about whether or not he reaches 50 goals by game 75 or 82? Wait until he starts scoring more on the PP

Don’t forget that this whole time you’re saying he’s gonna a regress and all that crap.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Lol.
So the shot total is what you’re gonna in a talk about? Him having less shots and so many goals already (EVEN STRENGTHS MIGHT I ADD) just means he’s even better than I said.

And really? You’re gonna talk about whether or not he reaches 50 goals by game 75 or 82? Wait until he starts scoring more on the PP

Yes we're going to talk about the specific claims you made which have not been borne out so far.

Don’t forget that this whole time you’re saying he’s gonna a regress and all that crap.

I specifically said his SH% would drop and it has.

I also said he could hit 120 points this year, but not with a 22% SH%. So far, that's looking likely.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
94z5bvd8bv.jpg

The Drai burn may very well reach the unspeakable level here.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I maybe 100% on my own on this train of thought, but I'm not convinced that Drai keeps pace with Connor for much longer. IMO Drai was straight up beastly to start the season at least partly because he knew that Connor would not be himself and that he had to be at his best to get us off to a good start. Now Connor is starting to play like Connor again and I'm wondering if he can keep pace for a full season. Time will tell, but regardless if he keeps pace or not, he was our MVP for the first 1/4 + of the season.

Reactions: B33K33PING

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
He's on pace for 152 pts, but it's a long grindy season. I'll predict he'll finish 125-130, and will have to settle for #2 in both the Art Ross/Rocket race, to McDavid and Matthews respectively.

Gotta say that Draisaitl's stock in the hockey card community has risen to ridiculous levels. His rookie YG card nearly tripled within a year, and his The Cup RPA is one of the hottest commodities in demand right now.
This exact card was 6.5K just last Christmas. 15K now, and people are sending offers

2014 15 Cup Leon Draisaitl rookie patch autograph 29 / 249. Jersey #'d shield | eBay

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
He's on pace for 152 pts, but it's a long grindy season. I'll predict he'll finish 125-130, and will have to settle for #2 in both the Art Ross/Rocket race, to McDavid and Matthews respectively.

Gotta say that Draisaitl's stock in the hockey card community has risen to ridiculous levels. His rookie YG card nearly tripled within a year, and his The Cup RPA is one of the hottest commodities in demand right now.
This exact card was 6.5K just last Christmas. 15K now, and people are sending offers

2014 15 Cup Leon Draisaitl rookie patch autograph 29 / 249. Jersey #'d shield | eBay

I think he'll win the rocket, but I agree that McDavid will edge him for the art ross.

Reactions: Gh0st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->