Next seasons points for Draisaitl

How many points will Draisaitl get next year?

• 80-90

• 90-100

• 100-110

• 110-120

• 120+

Results are only viewable after voting.

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Voted 90-100...depends on which position and line he is playing...will be interesting to see if he can top his current season, but I guess it will be very hard for him regarding points (not his all over play).

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
This might be a career year for Drai. Once Oilers have better wingers, could be as soon as next year, Drai will be stapled on #2C.

88 points next year while be very sound defensively.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
I'm hoping for less which would mean a more balanced line up and probable team success.

Oilers 322

Oct 26, 2016
Edmonton
Realistically, I believe the normal stat line for Drai in future seasons will be around 30-50-80 which will account for his above average SH% this season. However, I also believe he will become a better defensive player and a full-time 2C over time with the addition of better wingers. The Draisaitl we've seen in the past month remind me of peak Malkin, but I don't think it is realistic to expect that from him over an entire season. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
and Vegas wasn't going to make the playoffs last year, and last year was just a fluke and they won't make the playoffs this year.

Funny you should mention the Golden Knights since William Karlsson is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

last season: 43 goals, 23.4% SH%
this season: 19 goals, 13.7% SH%

Brace yourself: regression is coming.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
His shooting % is unsustainable and I'm assuming his minutes will be cut a bit (if we improve the depth in the off-season). I'll guess somewhere in the 75-85 point range

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
I think it depends on who he plays with.. assuming he stays healthy and the gm finds him a legit top 6 winger or he plays with Connor. I picked 90-100. Probably more on the 90 side.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
90-ish with Conner
70-ish Without.

Bit of both would make somewhere around 80-ish.

Blarghh.... what a waste of what might be a 50 goal 100 point season.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Although to be fair, we don’t really know what Draisaitl’s baseline level is yet. He’s shown improvement every year and he’s still young. Is his mean 70 points? 80? 85?

Three full seasons is a pretty decent sample size to establish a baseline level of scoring ability. His previous average SH% of 14.7% is already indicative of a better than average finisher, so it's reasonable to expect him to be a regular 30 goal scorer going forward. But this year is an obvious outlier in that department. points wise, there's a lot of confounding factors like how much time he plays with McDavid, and whether that combo will continue to do the bulk of the heavy lifting going forward or if they'll look to Leon to finally drive his own unit.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Three full seasons is a pretty decent sample size to establish a baseline level of scoring ability. His previous average SH% of 14.7% is already indicative of a better than average finisher, so it's reasonable to expect him to be a regular 30 goal scorer going forward. But this year is an obvious outlier in that department. points wise, there's a lot of confounding factors like how much time he plays with McDavid, and whether that combo will continue to do the bulk of the heavy lifting going forward or if they'll look to Leon to finally drive his own unit.

Can you tell me with confidence what his baseline in points is though? Would you be able to feel confident betting he won’t score more than 80 or betting he will score more than 90? If the answer to either of those questions is no then we still don’t really know what his baseline is.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Impossible to say without having a clue what kind of linemates he will be playing with.

Reactions: B33K33PING

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
My expectations are 30 goals, 70 points as a minimum being used as a full time center on the second line, assuming his linemates aren't incapable of scoring in the NHL (even then I wouldn't put it past him)

Being used as a winger for McDavid, I think he flirts with 35-40 goals and 80-90 points a year for the duration of his contract minimum. Which isn't to say he's a leech, but that he and McDavid bring out the best in eachother.

The kid just keeps getting better though. I won't put a ceiling on what I expect from him.

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
I think Draisaitl would profit insanely from having elite defenders. I could see 120+ points with better defenders, meaning more puck possession, better break-out passes and more threats from the blue line.

Since we probably won't be able to add such elite defenders, I am guessing 85 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad