Speculation: Next GM of the Vancouver Canucks Part II (MOD WARNING POST 382)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Theres no need to throw whoever is hired under the bus before they even do anything. Let it playout.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Theres no need to throw whoever is hired under the bus before they even do anything. Let it playout.

You can assess hires by their past history. If they hired Doug MacLean tomorrow, I wouldn't have to wait to declare the move a disaster for this franchise.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
You can assess hires by their past history. If they hired Doug MacLean tomorrow, I wouldn't have to wait to declare the move a disaster for this franchise.

Fair enough. After I posted I was actually thinking I should put an asterisk saying: "Unless George McPhee is hired. Then you can lose your ****."

But with regards to Howson I think this thread has proved much of his criticisms have been inaccurate. He's done some really good things for CBJ.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
I refuse to go down the road of eternal pessimism with this team.

I believe in Trevor Linden...and I won't stop believing in him until he gives me reason not to. Sure, you can call me biased or think I'm giving him a free pass because he's Trevor..

But whatever. I know he wants to win a Cup just as much or more than the rest of us, so I'm gonna ride the wave and see where it takes us.

It's more fun that way. Optimism can take you anywhere.

Love

Feb 29, 2012

I believe in Trevor Linden...and I won't stop believing in him until he gives me reason not to. Sure, you can call me biased or think I'm giving him a free pass because he's Trevor..

But whatever. I know he wants to win a Cup just as much or more than the rest of us, so I'm gonna ride the wave and see where it takes us.

Exactly man. Good post.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

Does Trevor want to win the Cup more than Gillis did? Is there some sort of a benefit to really wanting to win the Cup that makes you more likely to build a good team?

This has nothing to do with pessimism and everything to do with what appear to be very poorly planned out decisions by owners jumping the gun after they ****ed **** up in the first place with their Boston obsession.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Does Trevor want to win the Cup more than Gillis did? Is there some sort of a benefit to really wanting to win the Cup that makes you more likely to build a good team?

This has nothing to do with pessimism and everything to do with what appear to be very poorly planned out decisions by owners jumping the gun after they ****ed **** up in the first place with their Boston obsession.

I guess we'll find out.

Ride the wave, bro.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
And become a beached whale.

dREda.png

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Expect the Vancouver Canucks to finally name Jim Benning as their new GM later this week. Hiring coach will be next. Trotz high on the list.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Expect the Vancouver Canucks to finally name Jim Benning as their new GM later this week. Hiring coach will be next. Trotz high on the list.

If he's right, it will be nice to end all the hand wringing that the Canucks aren't an attractive enough destination for Benning and his talents.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
You underestimate the resourcefulness of the hand wringers.

Unless we get Benning to come here on a short term contract working nearly for free, the storyline will change to "look at the bonkers contract we had to give this guy, it's Tortorella all over again!"

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Howson isn't a horrible candidate but why in the world do you fire a good GM to hire an average (at best) one? *sigh*

Exactly. Rather go with an unknown like Benning. At least I'm not looking at Howson's record and wondering why a better GM was fired to make room.

I dislike Dreger, but I hope his latest report is true.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
I want to say that why the heck would Trotz be any better than Torts, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he is. Sometimes things are funny that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad