Next Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup

Who will be the first Canadian team since 93 to win the Stanley Cup?

• Total voters

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Right now Winnipeg would be my favorite, with Toronto and Calgary in the next tier. Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal are probably all looking at rebuilds.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
close between leafs and jets. Jets are the better team right now but the franchise has as many playoff wins as my beer league team

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Jets are 8/2/1 since Scheifele got injured and most of those games are on the road. They have proven they can still win without their best player which shows they have the depth for a deep playoff run. That said the Jets can still win their division but because they play in the best division in the league they could still play well in the PO's and still not make it out of the first round. If the Flames hold onto third in the pacific they may have a easier run to the finals then the Jets. This year, Jets or Flames have the best chance to win it all. Next year and beyond the Jets.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Oilers if they get Dahlin.

Otherwise we're going to have to wait for another generation of players and a couple complete roster turnovers. It could be anybody by that point. Who knows what generational Cup-bringing talent the Flames could draft in 2035, for instance.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
close between leafs and jets. Jets are the better team right now but the franchise has as many playoff wins as my beer league team

During that time Winnipeg has existed TML have grand total of one PO series win (1 in 11 seasons, Jets have played 6 seasons) and 2 PO appearances during that 11 seasons. I don't think thats something to brag about.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I'll say Leafs because I think they have a better ability to attract UFAs that can put them "over the top" in the future.
Jets and Flames might be the better teams now, but doubtful Cup winners.
Montreal isn't magical franchise to players now, It's been 25 year since the Habs won a Cup, and their record since 1993 has been poor.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
My avatar should say it all.

But the Peg is a good choice too. All the other teams are a crap shoot. Calgary probably has a leg up on them.

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
Edmonton likely is better than Toronto - one awful season doesnt change that unless Toronto wins this year.

Gerard

Dec 24, 2017
New Jersey
One awful season? Lol. Last year is looking like an anomaly.
And how did you make that observation?

Any hockey fan can see their roster and realize they are underachieving by a massive amount. Not to mention they now have Pulj and Nurse is twice as good as he was last year.

I cant explain why they are that bad right now but its easy to see their roster on paper isnt the reason. Probably the same reason the Giants randomly did so poorly this NFL year? Sometimes seasons dont go your way

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016

Any hockey fan can see their roster and realize they are underachieving by a massive amount. Not to mention they now have Pulj and Nurse is twice as good as he was last year.

I cant explain why they are that bad right now but its easy to see their roster on paper isnt the reason. Probably the same reason the Giants randomly did so poorly this NFL year? Sometimes seasons dont go your way
How did I make that observation?

09/10: 27-47-8: 62 pts
10/11: 25-45-12: 62 pts
11/12: 32-40-10: 74 pts
12/13: 19-22-7: 45 pts (lockout yr)
13/14: 29-44-9: 67 pts
14/15: 24-44-14: 62 pts
15/16: 31-53-8: 71 pts
16/17: 47-26-9: 103 pts
17/18: 21-24-3: On pace for 76 pts

Now do you see the anomaly?

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Any fan will look at that roster and realize that its just flat out a very bad team. A poor defense, a weak set of wingers, a blistering bad bottom 6, and a goaltender that after bailing out his team repeatedly last year just . . . couldn't . . . . do . . . it . . . anymore.

Reactions: The List Of Jericho

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I'll say Leafs because I think they have a better ability to attract UFAs that can put them "over the top" in the future.
Jets and Flames might be the better teams now, but doubtful Cup winners.
Montreal isn't magical franchise to players now, It's been 25 year since the Habs won a Cup, and their record since 1993 has been poor.
Doughty + Tavares right?

While keeping Nylander, Matthews and Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad