Pre-Game Talk: Next 10 Games Pole

How many wins do we get in the next 10?

• Total voters

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
I've given up guessing what this team will do. Except grind out a bunch of one goal wins... that sort of thing isn't in the cards.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
StL home - L
Ducks home (afternoon game) - W
Nashville away - W
Dallas away - L
Vancouver home - W
Calgary away - L
Seattle away - L
Winnipeg home (2nd of a back to back, dreaded New Years Eve game) - L
Seattle home - L
Islanders home - L

Historically they've never been good this time of year. and it kind of fits with the see saw season they've been having. And I'm never right so hopefully if I predict this it turns out opposite.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
I'm gonna go with 6-4-0.

The Oilers never seem to make things easy and even though I like this stretch of hockey against favorable teams, I expect a few let down games.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
StL home W (Should be able to squeak out a win)
Ducks home L (Lesser team in afternoon game)
Nashville away W (We do well against them)
Dallas away L (They own us and that bitch Benn will probably get a hat trick)
Vancouver home W (Winnable game)
Calgary away L (Calgary the more desperate team)
Seattle away L (Seattle will be tough to beat on the road)
Winnipeg home (Hellebuyck stonewalls us) L
Seattle home W (We get our revenge)
Islanders W (another close one)

5-5-0

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not sure why this stretch is being viewed as favourable.

There are some top 10 teams in there, plus teams we always have trouble with.

Reactions: Faelko

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
7 -3

Losses to Dallas, Winnipeg and one other team due to a flat performance. Anything less is unacceptable given the schedule

Oilers are better than the Kraken. Similar teams because both outscore their mistakes but Seattle is falling apart defensively while the Oilers are getting better. No way does LA and Seattle stay ahead of the Oilers for long imo

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
StL home -- win
Ducks home (afternoon game)-- Win
Nashville away -- Win
Dallas away -- lose
Vancouver home -- win
Calgary away -- win
Seattle away -- better f***ing win and review their main way of scoring off the rush hitting the 3rd man trailing. They nuke that and play tight defense it's Oil all day.
Winnipeg home (2nd of a back to back, dreaded New Years Eve game) -- lose
Seattle home -- win
Islanders home -- lose

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
The smart money says 3-7 because you can’t bet against a toilet seat…you just can’t.
Typically, December / January is our slumber period…supports the toilet seat trend.
I’ll see myself out.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
The smart money says 3-7 because you can’t bet against a toilet seat…you just can’t.
Typically, December / January is our slumber period…supports the toilet seat trend.
I’ll see myself out.
I will bet avatar if you want. If the Oilers are +.500 I win. I pick your profile pic. If they're -.500 you pick my profile pic.

Deal?

Reactions: McSuper

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
StL home W
Ducks home (afternoon game) W
Nashville away W
Dallas away L
Vancouver home W
Calgary away L
Seattle away L
Winnipeg home (2nd of a back to back, dreaded New Years Eve game) L
Seattle home W
Islanders W

6-4
I agree. Winning against good teams,and loosing to bad teams is hiw they use to play.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
First 10: 7-3-0
Second 10: 3-7-0
Last 10: 7-3-0

Up and down like a toilet seat said our GM last year. Toilet seat should stay up for the next 10 games.

Here is a rundown of the next 10, in order:

StL home
Ducks home (afternoon game)
Nashville away
Dallas away
Vancouver home
Calgary away
Seattle away
Winnipeg home (2nd of a back to back, dreaded New Years Eve game)
Seattle home
Islanders home

6 out of 10 at home, games pretty much every other day which seems to get the Oilers in a groove and only 1 back to back which is a road/home whereas Winnipeg will have a day between games.

Foegle should be coming back shortly (unless he is dead and the Oilers aren't saying anything), maybe McLeod as well? Hopefully Campbells game continues to improve and he isn't costing us games in this 10.

Given our opponents and no more major injuries, we should be able to run at least another 7-3, and perhaps even as high as a 9-1 (we never win in Dallas).

I am going to say 8 wins, 8-1-1 on a nice Christmas holiday heater.
Whens the last time the Oilers put up a 17pts in 10GP stretch? Dallas, Winnipeg, NYI and Seattle look to be tough games. One can say STL, Nashville and Ducks are the easy games on tap but STL often gives us trouble.

Is yours a list of games the Oilers could conceivably win or the expected actuality that they will? I'd be quite surprised if the Oiler would manage only one loss through this stretch of games. Nor do the Oilers necessarily play very well through the holiday season. Historically theres been stinkers with this club in the time frame.

That said even if the Oilers go 6-4 as I predicted its merely putting them where they have to be further to grabbing a reasonable playoff spot. We should want to finish no lower than 2nd place in division. But given that I'm hardpressed as well to think that Seattle is just going to lay down twice for us. They play the kind of game that can give the Oilers problems. I would expect a split in that two game set.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Easily could b 10 wins, but Dallas has are nnumberamd I'm sure there is a let down in there as well so I went with 8

After Christmas is when we flip the switch.....

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Whens the last time the Oilers put up a 17pts in 10GP stretch? Dallas, Winnipeg, NYI and Seattle look to be tough games. One can say STL, Nashville and Ducks are the easy games on tap but STL often gives us trouble.

Is yours a list of games the Oilers could conceivably win or the expected actuality that they will? I'd be quite surprised if the Oiler would manage only one loss through this stretch of games. Nor do the Oilers necessarily play very well through the holiday season. Historically theres been stinkers with this club in the time frame.

That said even if the Oilers go 6-4 as I predicted its merely putting them where they have to be further to grabbing a reasonable playoff spot. We should want to finish no lower than 2nd place in division. But given that I'm hardpressed as well to think that Seattle is just going to lay down twice for us. They play the kind of game that can give the Oilers problems. I would expect a split in that two game set.

It’s my long shot prediction and I’m sticking to it because I can if I want to. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad