Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Twice I have seen this sentiment.

2 thoughts:
1. It sounds like Skjei would be protected
2. For Skjei to be included in that group means he is pretty good. That seems quite opposite of most fans of other teams position
I saw some NYR fans trying to rip us for trading a 1st for him and I just laughed.

We used a first to acquire a legit everyday 2nd line defenseman who was capable of stepping his game up when our 1st line everyman in Slavin went out, and you are trying to tell me that's a bad thing? Like, that's a deal I make every year if it's available.

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
upload_2021-7-13_20-45-17.png

well, f26 isnt on twitter apparently

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Gleason doesn't sit well with me after the end of his tenure here. But yeah I'm done questioning the Borg after being worried about Rod, GM Waddell, and assistant coaches Scoring Machine Jeff Daniels and Kristin Chenoweth.

And my honest-to-Betsy top 5:

1) Jaccob Slavin
2) Rod Brind'Amour
3) Kevyn Adams
4) Ron Francis
5) Kevin Weekes

HM: Riley Nash. I have no idea why but I pretend that Nasher is the GOAT in every game I attend. I more or less prefer the players who were absolute warriors or who could win Lady Bings, so it seems.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I mean, Gleason has occasionally been on the ice running defensive drills in the last few years. He's already a guy the team looks to as an extra hand when they need a spare coach. As I said in another thread, they should do their due diligence and interview other people just to make sure that Gleason is at least in the same class as other candidates on the technical stuff, but like Brind'Amour, he's somebody who is specifically committed to Carolina, and not just looking for a coaching job somewhere, and that's worth a lot in itself.

Reactions: DaveG and Tryamw

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
On a random note does anyone else thing Necas could have the better career than Svech?

His defensive game is ahead of Svech's and it's evidenced by the fact that RBA uses him on the PK1 at times.

He's got better passive than Svech slightly, with a slightly worse wrister but better one timer.

He's got way better speed and acceleration while being lighter. He's a big boy though and could grow his man strength.

The main thing is I feel like he can hurt you more ways than Svech right now and could eclipse him depending on usage as soon as next season while being a good pker.

I also think he had a better PO than Svech this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad