News Article: News & Notes XXXIII: hockey pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
The next offer sheet candidate? Habs fans seems to be hoping for it/taunting about it.

Maybe we should start passing the collection plate now.

If they haven’t learned anything from the Aho debacle, then they deserve a Svechnikov offer sheet. I’m not too worried about them getting him signed. If it draws out to 7/1 or whenever the first day of UFA is next year, then I’ll start sweating.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Probably isn't a bad idea for him to wait until next off season to see how things in the league and the world are progressing. Aside from better play, if things are starting to look up for whatever reason, he and other players in this situation might leave a fair amount of money on the table.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
Svechnikov open to discussing contract extension with Hurricanes - Forward could become RFA after next season; 'almost 100 percent' following ankle injury

Andrei Svechnikov said he is willing to discuss a contract extension with the Carolina Hurricanes before the start of next season, but will leave the negotiations to his agent, Mark Gandler.

The 20-year-old forward will be entering the final season of a three-year entry-level contract he signed on July 1, 2018, and would be eligible to become a restricted free agent when it expires. "I'm open," Svechnikov said Friday. "I think my agent is going to do that job and I tell him I don't want to know anything [until] it's going to be done. So he's going to tell me when it's going to be done and I just don't want to worry about that."

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Years ago, I hated pineapple, but weirdly enough, liked it on pizza. Now, I love fresh pineapple, but am no longer much of a fan of it on pizza.

I've only ever had one pineapple that I actually liked. It was at the Dole plantation in Hawaii - as fresh as you can get. By the time they make it to a store on the mainland, they're too far gone for me.

I like pineapple on pizza, though we call it ananas.

7C1wmuq_d.jpg

Looking at an actual list of translations, almost every major language outside of Asia uses some form of ananas... except us. Spanish prefers piña for the fruit, but uses ananás for the plant.

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
7C1wmuq_d.jpg

Looking at an actual list of translations, almost every major language outside of Asia uses some form of ananas... except us. Spanish prefers piña for the fruit, but uses ananás for the plant.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, English is a silly language for silly people.

She seems like a nice person. So personal growth isn’t good enough if it doesn’t happen on *her* timetable?
Slavin appears (to me at least, I’ve never met the guy) to be a fundamentally good person who is taking steps to imporove himself, which is what good people do. Vilifying him for not doing it the ‘right’ way just seems so counter productive to me.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Her Twitter tag line. “Co-authoring a book on toxic hockey culture.” She also tweeted the comment below. Not going to comment on how valid or invalid her opinions are, just that there are some apparently deep rooted beliefs in her tweets.

I thought the name looked familiar. Sounds like her and Sara Civ have some history.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Her Twitter tag line. “Co-authoring a book on toxic hockey culture.” She also tweeted the comment below. Not going to comment on how valid or invalid her opinions are, just that there are some apparently deep rooted beliefs in her tweets.

The other co-author posted something very similar a little while back. I got the feeling that the problem was at that time that NHL opted to make their own hashtag We Skate For and their own version of pre-game ceremony instead of "writing an open check" to Black Lives Matter movement specifically and going under that banner.

But I think the main idea here probably is that it's (yet again) a white guy doing the talking on the topic instead of the platform being given to a black person.

Reactions: DaveG

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I get that, but If I understand this correctly, this was the Canes interviewing one of their players. Given that backdrop, who is a better choice?

Yup.

Part of this whole deal is white people coming to a better understanding of the problems that black people face, and white people talking to each other about it is a pretty big part of that. Slavin is a perfectly good spokesperson for himself and his family and the challenges that they are now facing as the parents of a black child. Black Lives Matter issues now affect him very directly, and he has every right to speak his own opinion. He certainly didn't claim to be speaking on behalf of black people.

Dunno what the original tweeter is about, but she's wrong in this case imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad