Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
logos-2-m.svg

Think they could have done more with the secondary with a simple primary logo
There’s a third jersey right there. The secondary logo in that color.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I'm mixed/meh on the name...I always kind of thought they'd go with it because Krakens are kinda cool, but agreed for the NHL it could be "amateurish". That said, I was never a fan of Metropolitans, maybe could have gotten behind "Emeralds" or "Totems" but those are very bland from a marketing standpoint. Meanwhile the opportunities for Kraken are immense (plush Krakens anyone?). The main logo is simple but also pretty unique and cool, they could have drastically overcomplicated it. I wish the red were a bit more prominent on the jersey to make it pop a bit more or highlight features, but it's otherwise pretty slick AND it's a unique color scheme. That secondary logo though, woof...I get they were trying to get the Needle in there, but otherwise it looks like someone spent 5 min designing it. And as someone said, the font is a bit rough on the "Wordmark"...if it weren't for that extra K in the middle (and even with it) I'd swear they named them "Seattle KAREN" (which is honestly WAY scarier and more indimidating, Crosby would be perfect on that team :sarcasm:)

EDIT: On that secondary logo, if they could incorporate that anchor as the second T in "SEATTLE" I think that could actually look pretty sharp

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I love the guy. We need more guys like him in the league, and on our team. A guy that is as skilled as he is and who gets under other player's skins great. And while he has done some dirty things, I don't remember him doing anything that is career threatening to another player like what Wilson does.

I think it would be enjoyable...but honestly it'd be hard to walk the line of being a villan and not being fired/suspending for something you said.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
The jersey is a thing of beauty. I really like the color scheme and the logo is fantastic. As far as the name goes, Seattle Kraken is amazing and if you disagree with me you should leave a long rant about how we shouldn't return to hockey when US politics is f*ed up right now. :sarcasm:

(Jokes aside it took courage to say that, so I appreciate you Kevin, and I also think US politics is beyond brazenly stupid right now)

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah half the names in sports would be considered the "worst name in sports" if it were freshly announced today.

"Oh, uh, yeah, it's hot in Miami so we called them the Heat. Do you guys like that?"

"There's a large Spanish-speaking population in San Diego, so we named our baseball team after the Spanish word for 'dad', which is also slang for "cool", very cool right?"

Ignoring the fact that 4 of the 7 teams in Canada are direct references to simply being Canadian...

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I mean.....let’s not act like the Kraken are beneath a league that fully endorsed the Mighty Ducks.
It was the 90s, I'll give them a break. Also Mighty Ducks and those jerseys are million times better than simply "Ducks" and the abominations they've been wearing since 2007.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So wandering onto the main board made me feel twice as old than life normally does.

So apparently there's a whole generation that doesn't know what a Kraken is in pop culture? It's from the 80's movie Clash of Titans, and the "release the Kraken" reference/meme comes from that. Something that was often said that crossed generations for a long time. Then they redid the movie in 2010 because it was still such a lingering concept. The plot of the movie is how they go on an adventure trying to learn how to kill the colossal beast before it destroys the city the main characters are associated with. Most older farts would find that to be obvious like I do, it's not a subtle or far reaching reference to me. They've used it at sports events even recently.

Then there's a generation of folks that only know it from one of the Pirate's of the Caribbean movies, and using it there is an obvious nod for parents bringing their kids to see those movies. Maybe using it there spawned the idea of remaking Clash?

So I've said a few things about it that some people here might've had no idea what I was talking about. Mind blown.

Last edited:

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
So wandering onto the main board made me feel twice as old than life normally does.

So apparently there's a whole generation that doesn't know what a Kraken is in pop culture? It's from the 80's movie Clash of Titans, and the "release the Kraken" reference/meme comes from that. Something that was often said that crossed generations for along time. Then they redid the movie in 2010 because it was still such a lingering concept. The plot of the movie is how they go on an adventure trying to learn how to kill the colossal beast before it destroys the city the main characters are associated with. Most older farts would find that to be obvious like I do, it's not a subtle or far reaching reference to me. They've used it at sports events even recently.

Then there's a generation of folks that only know it from one of the Pirate's of the Caribbean movies, and using it there is an obvious nod for parents bringing their kids to see those movies. Maybe using it there spawned the idea of remaking Clash?

So I've said a few things about it that some people here might've had no idea what I was talking about. Mind blown.

I FREAKING LOVED THE ORIGINAL MOVIE AS A KID.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Have to admit I was against the nickname but that logo is fantastic and the color scheme is very good. I even like the secondary logo.

Also, it’s all much better than CLT FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad