News & Notes Thread Part VI: "Where the Hell is the News Thread?" Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
It's because every fan wants to believe their goaltender is special. By crediting the defense, it takes away from the goaltender.

It's not just the fans of the team though. People still slobber all over Broduer's career despite the fact that he played behind the most suffocating defense the league has seen since the 50s for about 12 years. I'm not saying he wasn't good or even a hall of famer, but there are people that think he was better than Roy and Hasek which is lunacy to me.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If Klesla on the last year of his contract holds no value I'm guessing the Canes aren't getting squat for Gleason.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Klesla is good, he's mobile and can move the puck. Won't happen though.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The main takeaway I have from the suspension video is that Westgarth has played 139 NHL games. Someone has paid him over multiple seasons to lace up his skates as an NHL forward. That's kind of unsettling.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
The main takeaway I have from the suspension video is that Westgarth has played 139 NHL games. Someone has paid him over multiple seasons to lace up his skates as an NHL forward. That's kind of unsettling.

Blame these guys

dean-lombardi-2011-nhl-detroit-red-wings-los-yf7t9c.jpg

Jim-Rutherford234.jpg

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
I feel better about the Canes chances in the next two games.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
DiPietro was released from his PTO. Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere.

Of course, he was probably coached out of his talent. He's a professional, after all.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Of course he would. He wants USA's chances to be as best as they can.

/every non-Canes fan

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I find this noteworthy. I have acquired tickets (thank you Nashville Predators organization for providing free tickets for military to select games throughout the season) to the Canes game @ Nashville next Thursday. I had decided, sadly, that it wasn't in my budget to get to go, but last minute, the Preds organization came through.

This will be the second time in 2 years (I saw our Canes battle here in Jan '12) that I will have been able to see this game. It will be my first time seeing Skinner, Bowman, Dvorak, Malhotra, Sekera, Gerbe, Jordan, Bellemore, Nash, Murphy, Hainsey, and possibly Komisarek (if he plays) ever playing a game. With the Canes or otherwise. So I am pretty excited about this game. Esp to see Skinner and Murphy. Wish Semin wasnt injured, still haven't seen him since the infamous own-goal on John Grahame game vs Washington years ago. Oh well.

Anyways, so extremely pumped up to have a black jersey to wear to this game! Ready to go and cheer on the Canes!

now,

back to whatever else we were talking about......oh yeah, DiPietro was cut

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Sekera practiced yesterday and might be back tonight: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/12/02/3426438/sekera-returns-to-practice.html

Defenseman Andrej Sekera returned to practice Monday as the Canes geared up for a two-game road trip to Washington and Nashville.

Sekera has missed the past two games -- losses to New Jersey and Vancouver on home ice -- with an upper-body injury. But he was back with defensive partner Justin Faulk on Monday and Canes coach Kirk Muller believes he could play in Tuesday's game against the Caps.

"He felt pretty good," Muller said. "It was a nice surprise that he felt better than we thought today."

Forward Patrick Dwyer missed practice Monday -- Muller called it a "maintenance day." Forward Alexander Semin (concussion) and defenseman Tim Gleason (lower-body injury) also were missing.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/12/02/3426438/sekera-returns-to-practice.html#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad