News from Around the NHL 2014-2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I would be interested to see how the Raggies would hold up if they lost McDonagh, Staal and Girardi for a stretch, similar to when the Isles lost Boychuk, Hamonic and Viz. I don't see it going well. I would love to see 15-20 minutes of Dylan McIlrath running around at the NHL level, lol.

The sheer mention of that guy on the Ranger board will make their fans cringe. They passed up Fowler for him.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2010e.html

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I would be interested to see how the Raggies would hold up if they lost McDonagh, Staal and Girardi for a stretch, similar to when the Isles lost Boychuk, Hamonic and Viz. I don't see it going well. I would love to see 15-20 minutes of Dylan McIlrath running around at the NHL level, lol.

To be fair, they did lose McDonagh early in the year for an extended stretch.

Though, we are 9th in the NHL in man games lost with 146. The Rangers are 28th with 53.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
To be fair, they did lose McDonagh early in the year for an extended stretch.

Though, we are 9th in the NHL in man games lost with 146. The Rangers are 28th with 53.

Yes, and they were 4-8 without McDonagh. Can you imagine if they were without three of their top-4 defenders? I do not believe there is a team more top-heavy and system-dependent team relying on those select, key players for success.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Yes, and they were 4-8 without McDonagh. Can you imagine if they were without three of their top-4 defenders? I do not believe there is a team more top-heavy and system-dependent team relying on those select, key players for success.

Let's just hope that the injury bug ends for us before the playoffs. Maybe they'll lose a key piece come playoff time? Who knows...it's a crap shoot every year. Staying healthy is part of the game.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The sheer mention of that guy on the Ranger board will make their fans cringe. They passed up Fowler for him.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2010e.html

I have watched him quite a few times in the AHL. They have a right to be angry. You can clearly see that he is a step slow, behind even average AHLers. He lacks any sort of instincts for the game or the ability to pick up the tempo when the game around him moves faster. You can almost see the gears in his head grinding to a halt, lol. I don't know what the Raggies saw in him outside of size and perceived toughness.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
I have watched him quite a few times in the AHL. They have a right to be angry. You can clearly see that he is a step slow, behind even average AHLers. He lacks any sort of instincts for the game or the ability to pick up the tempo when the game around him moves faster. You can almost see the gears in his head grinding to a halt, lol. I don't know what the Raggies saw in him outside of size and perceived toughness.

I remember when the rangers drafted him someone on here wrote "LOL rangers picked a goon at 10" and i got a kick out of that.

Thats how the cookie crumbles sometimes; they were basically gifted mcdonagh, but wasted a pick in the draft....it happens

Baggies have been playing excellent, so tuesday night is crucial for us. We need to beat them to slow down some of their momentum

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I'm actually surprised Weber didn't beat the guy so badly his career was ended right then and there.

Cooke is a complete blankety blank.... He's injured far too many NHL players to be given a second chance.

The league should just expel him permanently because he's just asking for it...

I mean the guy goes out trying to intentionally injure players and it seems like everyone is taking notice and really going after him in return.

He should just be banned for his own welfare at this point and besides players like him have no place in the NHL.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
:nod: No need to mention names, we all know who they are. They all like to :cry: :D

Nino this season:

The Good: 14 goals
The Bad: 6 assists
The Ugly: -14

Brock has 15 goals and 13 assists and is a +2

Nino career stats: 30g 28a 184 games
Nelson career stats: 29g 25a 113 games

As much as we hated the trade THANK GOD Snow and company picked Nelson at 30th.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Nino this season:

The Good: 14 goals
The Bad: 6 assists
The Ugly: -14

Brock has 15 goals and 13 assists and is a +2

Nino career stats: 30g 28a 184 games
Nelson career stats: 29g 25a 113 games

As much as we hated the trade THANK GOD Snow and company picked Nelson at 30th.

Correct Garth Snow and team picked an extra #1, his MO, and decided to stick with the right player. WOW Kudos to Garth Snow ;)

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Correct Garth Snow and team picked an extra #1, his MO, and decided to stick with the right player. WOW Kudos to Garth Snow ;)

Nino was such an outlier in the type of character Snow and the Isles have drafted.

At least we got Clutterbuck who to me will shine during the playoffs. He seems the kind of player that will take his game up to a new level when the stakes are raised.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Nino was such an outlier in the type of character Snow and the Isles have drafted.

At least we got Clutterbuck who to me will shine during the playoffs. He seems the kind of player that will take his game up to a new level when the stakes are raised.

:nod: agreed. Minny is doing so well with a 14 goal Nino. He may end up in the 30 goal a year range, as I thought he would. Though I do not see him as a team player, more of a goal scorer with selfish tendencies, lack of defensive awareness.

Still, I would have loved for Nino to have stayed with the Isles, though him on the 1st line would have been a disaster. KO is not a great defensive player and JT is not that great but Nino is a disaster defensively.

Wish him and Minny luck in the future.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I follow him in fantasy. One of the streakiest players you will ever see. He could have 5 or 6 games where he can't be stopped then go a month of doing nothing. I believe last December (2013) he was horrific as well.

So you are saying he is Mariusz Czerkawski then?

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
:nod: agreed. Minny is doing so well with a 14 goal Nino. He may end up in the 30 goal a year range, as I thought he would. Though I do not see him as a team player, more of a goal scorer with selfish tendencies, lack of defensive awareness.

Still, I would have loved for Nino to have stayed with the Isles, though him on the 1st line would have been a disaster. KO is not a great defensive player and JT is not that great but Nino is a disaster defensively.

Wish him and Minny luck in the future.

From what I hear Nino is pissed about not playing in the top 6. If we kept him, he would probably have been in the same boat. But at this point I am perfectly fine with CC instead, he can play 3rd or 4th line minutes and be productive in many more ways the Nino would.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
From what I hear Nino is pissed about not playing in the top 6. If we kept him, he would probably have been in the same boat. But at this point I am perfectly fine with CC instead, he can play 3rd or 4th line minutes and be productive in many more ways the Nino would.

again agreed. :nod:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Wild lost again. This time to the Hawks, 4-1. Wonder how much longer Mike Yeo will last in Minny.

It's not all on Yeo, that team is so flawed. Parise and Suter are studs yet they are aging studs who will likely start to regress rather than get better. Tin man Vanek has checked out and probably took his BFF Pominville with him into 'I don't give a crap' land. Koivu has looked terrible and disinterested. Granlund is overrated, Nino is the same Nino we all know and hate (low level hockey IQ and one dimensional as he is STILL a defensive liability), their other young players look more like pretenders than legit contenders, etc. It's too bad there is no more cap geek, but it's probably a good thing for Fletcher because I wouldn't want to look at the train wreck he has put together. Nice job replacing Heatley's contract with Vanek's, his successor. Matt Cooke is a POS.

Such an unlikable team from an Isles' fans perspective and I'm not shedding a tear over their demise with how some of their 'classy' fans came here to gloat all of last year on the Nino and Vanek situations.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
It's not all on Yeo, that team is so flawed. Parise and Suter are studs yet they are aging studs who will likely start to regress rather than get better. Tin man Vanek has checked out and probably took his BFF Pominville with him into 'I don't give a crap' land. Koivu has looked terrible and disinterested. Granlund is overrated, Nino is the same Nino we all know and hate (low level hockey IQ and one dimensional as he is STILL a defensive liability), their other young players look more like pretenders than legit contenders, etc. It's too bad there is no more cap geek, but it's probably a good thing for Fletcher because I wouldn't want to look at the train wreck he has put together. Nice job replacing Heatley's contract with Vanek's, his successor. Matt Cooke is a POS.

Such an unlikable team from an Isles' fans perspective and I'm not shedding a tear over their demise with how some of their 'classy' fans came here to gloat all of last year on the Nino and Vanek situations.

Just an FYI, not as good, but there is this: http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/MIN?year=2015

And this: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=MIN

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

It's not all on Yeo, but he will take the fall. Hey, at least he yelled at his players - look at what that did (since Isles fans like coaches that yell for some reason).

However, the GM decisions have been and are questionable. Oh well, it's gonna hurt there for a LONG time.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It's not all on Yeo, that team is so flawed. Parise and Suter are studs yet they are aging studs who will likely start to regress rather than get better. Tin man Vanek has checked out and probably took his BFF Pominville with him into 'I don't give a crap' land. Koivu h as looked terrible and disinterested. Granlund is overrated, Nino is the same Nino we all know and hate (low level hockey IQ and one dimensional as he is STILL a defensive liability), their other young players look more like pretenders than legit contenders, etc. It's too bad there is no more cap geek, but it's probably a good thing for Fletcher because I wouldn't want to look at the train wreck he has put together. Nice job replacing Heatley's contract with Vanek's, his successor. Matt Cooke is a POS.

Yeah, I don't have much sympathy for them. Actually I have none.

You're pretty spot on with the rest your observations. Their star guys are aging quickly and their young kids just aren't that good. Nino's a -14 and hasn't scored a goal in 12 games. People still want him on this team? He's a cancer.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
He's an absolute tank.

I know he gets flak for his D zone play, but I'd take him on our blueline come playoff time. I wish Reinhart would incorporate a similar mean streak into his game. It will never happen though.

Same here, Buff can be sketchy sometimes but you can definitely see players flinch before it comes and sometimes results in a turnover. Takes some dumb penalties but saw him flatten Downie this season and fought him right after plus he stands up for his teammates. If Griff could get be half the physical presence without putting him out of position, that would be a great thing IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad