News from Around the NHL 2014-2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
So, where's all our fans that love to bring up Nino every second he does something good? There were a few here that never let it go, but now it seems they have. How WEIRD.

Nino has sputtered at 19 points, at a team worst -14. The Wild are in last place inn their division.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
So, where's all our fans that love to bring up Nino every second he does something good? There were a few here that never let it go, but now it seems they have. How WEIRD.

Nino has sputtered at 19 points, at a team worst -14. The Wild are in last place inn their division.

I am shocked how bad they are this season. I really thought they were going to take a step in the right direction.

Nino also has a very high shooting %, it was clearly unsustainable. It's nice to see Minnesota struggling, really not much to like about that team.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
I am shocked how bad they are this season. I really thought they were going to take a step in the right direction.

Nino also has a very high shooting %, it was clearly unsustainable. It's nice to see Minnesota struggling, really not much to like about that team.

They never should have signed Backstrom. They should try to get Niemi. But Backstrom is unmovable.
Yeo is toast if they don't make the playoffs - they will not.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site

On hockey central last week they mentioned how the team lost a key asset in Clutterbuck...he was a rare player.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
On hockey central last week they mentioned how the team lost a key asset in Clutterbuck...he was a rare player.

I completely agree. A few here still can't see it, but I still think Clutterbuck is a harder player to find than Nino. I'm still fine with the trade.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Cooke being Cooke...

Cooke-570x300.jpg

Reformed???
B7BSGgjCYAAHR8F.jpg:large

I think not!

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Sort of funny he might finish the season with like 30 goals and 40 points

I still think Minnesota made a mistake signing Vanek(when having Parise and Pominville) because guys like Nino, Coyle and Zucker would suffer

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

I follow him in fantasy. One of the streakiest players you will ever see. He could have 5 or 6 games where he can't be stopped then go a month of doing nothing. I believe last December (2013) he was horrific as well.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
What a *****, I hate Cooke, I just wish the refs didn't jump in, Weber would have killed the *******, of course Cooke turtles up.

Cooke is a POS.

But that Nashville announcer sounds like he is calling a baseball game. LOL

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
It figures one of the very rarest time i cheer for the Habs to beat the Pens!! they loose in overtime! Habs truly sucks!!!!!!!!! i hope we beat the Habs solid next week

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Cooke being Cooke...

Cooke-570x300.jpg

Reformed???
B7BSGgjCYAAHR8F.jpg:large

I think not!

I don't know why he does stuff like that. Weber would kill him. It's to the point that Cooke's antics are going to make the game more dangerous for everyone else because they don't care at all if they hurt him. Weber throwing punches when Cooke is down demonstrates that.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I don't know why he does stuff like that. Weber would kill him. It's to the point that Cooke's antics are going to make the game more dangerous for everyone else because they don't care at all if they hurt him. Weber throwing punches when Cooke is down demonstrates that.

That last bolded line is the key. Most hockey players might dislike their opponent, but they respect their opponent and don't want to do any permanent damage (meathead Todd Bertuzzi notwithstanding). However, Weber is obviously enraged and is looking to kill Cooke, and I don't blame him one bit. The guy is a cancer and needs to be removed from the NHL. I don't know why any team would want him around. He is not an agitater but a bottom feeder.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
That last bolded line is the key. Most hockey players might dislike their opponent, but they respect their opponent and don't want to do any permanent damage (meathead Todd Bertuzzi notwithstanding). However, Weber is obviously enraged and is looking to kill Cooke, and I don't blame him one bit. The guy is a cancer and needs to be removed from the NHL. I don't know why any team would want him around. He is not an agitater but a bottom feeder.

If you listen to Martin's comments last night about fighting Fraser you can tell that these guys that fight are doing their job more then just picking a fight with someone they don't like. When it comes to Cooke I would go out on a limb and say there is a 99% chance they do hate the guy and are looking to hurt him badly.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I would be interested to see how the Raggies would hold up if they lost McDonagh, Staal and Girardi for a stretch, similar to when the Isles lost Boychuk, Hamonic and Viz. I don't see it going well. I would love to see 15-20 minutes of Dylan McIlrath running around at the NHL level, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad