News from Around the NHL 2014-2015 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
It's not all on Yeo, that team is so flawed. Parise and Suter are studs yet they are aging studs who will likely start to regress rather than get better. Tin man Vanek has checked out and probably took his BFF Pominville with him into 'I don't give a crap' land. Koivu has looked terrible and disinterested. Granlund is overrated, Nino is the same Nino we all know and hate (low level hockey IQ and one dimensional as he is STILL a defensive liability), their other young players look more like pretenders than legit contenders, etc. It's too bad there is no more cap geek, but it's probably a good thing for Fletcher because I wouldn't want to look at the train wreck he has put together. Nice job replacing Heatley's contract with Vanek's, his successor. Matt Cooke is a POS.

Such an unlikable team from an Isles' fans perspective and I'm not shedding a tear over their demise with how some of their 'classy' fans came here to gloat all of last year on the Nino and Vanek situations.

And those contracts are going to start to look horrible.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/MIN?year=2015

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Nabby just got the yank allowing 4 goals on 13 shots vs the flyers. Made it only 2 1/2 minutes into the second period before getting the hook. He's done

EDIT: Putting Bishop in hasn't help. 6-1 flyers not even 1/2 way through the game. TB has dug their own grave taking penalty after penalty

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Minnesota got embarrassed by the Pens 7-2. Couldn't happen to a nicer team... they've got some serious flaws and it's not easily correctable with Fletcher's piss poor cap management. Where are those Minny fans gloating now? I'm glad they have tin men like Vanek and Nino while we don't.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Minnesota got embarrassed by the Pens 7-2. Couldn't happen to a nicer team... they've got some serious flaws and it's not easily correctable with Fletcher's piss poor cap management. Where are those Minny fans gloating now? I'm glad they have tin men like Vanek and Nino while we don't.

I can't wait to read the Vanek anger. It won't be far behind.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Downie looked like he needed a minute to figure out where he was and went to the dressing room. He hasn't come back yet. No penalty on the play.

I am porting this from the main board, That's Downie's face and Suter's elbow. Dirty little move by Suter. He is going to sit for that one BUT.... I still call this eye candy. nom nom nom

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
I am porting this from the main board, That's Downie's face and Suter's elbow. Dirty little move by Suter. He is going to sit for that one BUT.... I still call this eye candy. nom nom nom

The only way that would be better is if it were one of the Penguins doing that to Cooke. Two of the biggest ******** in the league.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Is it possible to suspend Suter for the elbow AND Downie for embellishment? Notice how his head paused halfway through the rotation? :shakehead

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Cheap move, yes...but I don't think Suter was targeting Downie's head, he was just trying to get a piece of him as he skated by. He didn't even look in Downie's direction when sticking out his elbow. He may still get suspended for a game but it's not that big of a deal...

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Cheap move, yes...but I don't think Suter was targeting Downie's head, he was just trying to get a piece of him as he skated by. He didn't even look in Downie's direction when sticking out his elbow. He may still get suspended for a game but it's not that big of a deal...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the play. He was probably throwing the elbow out to impede his progress, not necessarily with the intent to injure. If he catches him in the chest/shoulder, nothing really happens. But that was not the end result and his actions should have consequences. Ultimately you have to be in control, and responsible, of your stick/body if it ends up injuring another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad