News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
So the L.A. Whiners are complaining about Yakupov's celebration? Wtf is wrong with people, kid scored with a second left and is having fun.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
We've probably signed a bunch of ex-Rangers too. Zidlicky, Mottau, and Rachunek leap to mind immediately, I'm sure there are more. With so much turnover in the league from year to year, it's hard not to have guys who have played on every other team.

Beezer

apice3*

So the L.A. Whiners are complaining about Yakupov's celebration? Wtf is wrong with people, kid scored with a second left and is having fun.

Not sure what is to complain about. Lack of professionalism? Like their social media?

LA is a bunch of hypocrites who have this sense of entitlement. I've despised them since the Kovy saga, and I hate them even more after last postseason.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Any one have a list of Devils that the Rangers signed later?

Arnott, Sykora, Holik, Gomez, MacLean, Driver, Asham, Dunham, Malakhov, prob a ton more.

Edit: Rupp, Rheaume

How did everyone miss Brendan Shanahan?

We've probably signed a bunch of ex-Rangers too. Zidlicky, Mottau, and Rachunek leap to mind immediately

I dont think Zidlicky should count since he never played in the NHL. I'm giving him a pass.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
You can say that again. The Rangers sign or acquire pretty much anybody who was ever a Devil or a Penguin at a point. Actually, the amount of ex penguins they have had ever since the mid 90's in just staggering.

Straka and Jagr are the ones I am thinking of, again, I'm sure there are more.

The Oilers are complete garbage in their own zone. Who's the idiot on the main board that said the Oilers have a better blueline than the devs?

I especially liked the poster who said that Greene and Tallinder could not make the Oilers' top 6 on defence, and would be relegated to being seventh defencemen if they were acquired. It's only been a couple games, but I'd say the season so far has given the lie to that statement.

They have no room to complain about gaudy celebrations after they lifted the Cup again during the season opener.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
Straka and Jagr are the ones I am thinking of, again, I'm sure there are more.

For starters, I will give them a so called pass on Kovalev (Ranger before a Penguin then a Ranger again) and Lacouture since he was acquired in the Kovalev trade. Also, I won't count players who were Rangers and then Penguins. Therefore off the top of my head I think:
Jagr
Straka
Kasparaitis
Rozsival
Nedved (though I believe he actually started with the Rangers)
Kevin Stevens
Kevin Hatcher
Ulf Samuelsson
Nieminen
Barnaby
Oliwa
Mckenna (though only a Penguin for a half season before, then went back to Pittsburgh)
Joel Bouchard (again, only a Penguin for half a season)
Asham
Rupp
Christensen
Phil Bourque
If you want to go way back Pierre Larouche
That's all I can think of for now and I did edit to include Bouchard:laugh:

Last edited:

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
how dare Yakupov show a shred of personality, doesn't he know hockey players are supposed to be mindless drones who don't celebrate after big goals?

Hey, LA Kings. **** you.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
ovy will return to form. hes too good. this isnt a gomer situation. just some baaaad puck luck and team lost in the sauceness. that and oates is a horrible coach. so glad hes gone.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
ovy will return to form. hes too good. this isnt a gomer situation. just some baaaad puck luck and team lost in the sauceness. that and oates is a horrible coach. so glad hes gone.

Sorry i moved the post abo to the "Post Game" thread thought it made more sense there.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha
For people wondering about NHL expansion, its happening (pure and simple). It's been on the league agenda the moment the lockout ended.

HEY, look more teams!!

Not sure how good the source is but this will water down the talent pool some more.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Allan Walsh ‏@walsha
For people wondering about NHL expansion, its happening (pure and simple). It's been on the league agenda the moment the lockout ended.

Quebec?
Markham?
Seattle?
Portland?
KC?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hamilton Hound Dogs?

San Diego Sandpipers?

Indianapolis Ice Men?

Oklahoma City Tornadoes?

Houston Nooneheregivesa****abouthockeys?

Seattle Mist?

Milwaukee Hopps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad