News From Around The League - Part XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't be mad if Sykie signed with the Rangers. He gave us months worth of chances to sign him, and we didn't. So if that's the only place he could find work I won't be unhappy with him.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Their bottom6 may be the slowest in the league

Rupp, Asham, Boyle, Arnott........Kreider has been a healthy scratch, Pyatt is meh speed and Hagelin is only fast one

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
He's not what he used to be, but I don't want to see him in a Rags jersey. Was hoping he would go back to Dallas.

apice3*

Any one have a list of Devils that the Rangers signed later?

Arnott, Sykora, Holik, Gomez, MacLean, Driver, Asham, Dunham, Malakhov, prob a ton more.

Edit: Rupp, Rheaume

Last edited by a moderator:

DevilChuk*

Arnott, Sykora, Holik, Gomez, MacLean, Driver, Asham, Dunham, Malakhov, prob a ton more.

Rupp, Asham

Though Asham shouldn't really count

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I look forward to watching us skate circles around the Rangers bottom-6. Arnott isn't going to solve any problems over there.

He does add some playmaking ability, but he is very slow. He is smart enough to be good with his positioning though. He doesn't scare me, but he does make the Rangers better.

Edit: Rupp, Rheaume

We've probably signed a bunch of ex-Rangers too. Zidlicky, Mottau, and Rachunek leap to mind immediately, I'm sure there are more. With so much turnover in the league from year to year, it's hard not to have guys who have played on every other team.

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
Aww, Arnott went to the dark side. I can't hate him, because of 2000, but man, that's going to be weird.

You can say that again. The Rangers sign or acquire pretty much anybody who was ever a Devil or a Penguin at a point. Actually, the amount of ex penguins they have had ever since the mid 90's in just staggering.

Last edited:

davebenj

Mar 19, 2011
Rupp, Asham

Though Asham shouldn't really count

They even had Oliwa for a half year. Yes, the Devils have had some former Rangers in the past but it seems like the list would be fairly shorter. Nemchinov was probably one of the better players the Devils had after his stint on the Rangers.

Semak

Personally, I think EDM and WSH would make good trade partners. EDM needs to get credible and Washington needs to clean house, start fresh and reload.

I'm not looking up numbers/cap space up but Hall, Yakupov, Musil, Klefbom, Horcoff(for cap space), Dubnyk and a 1st to Wash for Ovechkin, Alzner, Holtby or Neuvirth and maybe a pick or a prospect.

Edm then needs to send out another young player/high pick to get a Callahan/Ladd type to help lead that team.

Ovie might hate it or welcome a change/away from the spot light type situation.

Throw it on the trade board and watch it disintegrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia