News from around the League Part XLIX - Cuts & Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Senior Stars league like PGA golf. 40-60 years old age restriction. See your favorite stars of yesterday still play! 12 game season with 4 big market teams (Patrick, Adams, Norris, Smythe). Games played as double headers prior to the NHL game on weekends. A way to build family hockey traditions connecting the generations and seeing the stars your parents watched.

See Wayne, Mario and Roy play one more time!

I bet someone already floated this idea at a league meeting before. :sarcasm:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Senior Stars league like PGA golf. 40-60 years old age restriction. See your favorite stars of yesterday still play! 12 game season with 4 big market teams (Patrick, Adams, Norris, Smythe). Games played as double headers prior to the NHL game on weekends. A way to build family hockey traditions connecting the generations and seeing the stars your parents watched.

See Wayne, Mario and Roy play one more time!

I bet someone already floated this idea at a league meeting before. :sarcasm:

It was put into practice somewhat as the Alumni games:laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Little update on the Dowd situation - of course it was a parent.

“I was very surprised about the whole thing,” Manasquan schools Superintendent Frank Kasyan said. “I think Jim is an outstanding coach and an outstanding citizen, he’s got great character.”

“It’s his first year with the Manasquan School District and I thought we were very lucky to have him with his expertise in that area,” he said. “It’s very unfortunate but hopefully it will be resolved quickly.”

Chief Robert L. Brice said. Police have only said that the complaint summons for simple assault was signed by a private citizen.

News12 reported the person who filed the complaint was a parent of a player.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Anyone see the ESPN highlight of the Freehold kid dekeing his way through I think Middletown North?

Pretty sick.

The tag line was: If you want to see great hockey you go to NJ. Which when I heard it I was thinking "they can't be talking about the Dev's".

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anyone see the ESPN highlight of the Freehold kid dekeing his way through I think Middletown North?

Pretty sick.

The tag line was: If you want to see great hockey you go to NJ. Which when I heard it I was thinking "they can't be talking about the Dev's".

We know Conte did not, he doesn't scout New Jersey. :sarcasm:

Great to keep seeing the talent level is improving in this state, so many kids playing the game now.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Coyotes just got a 3rd round pick for Devan Dubnyk

you are kidding yourselves if you think Jagr will return less than a 2nd.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Coyote's will be wearing retros in a game in March. The ones from the 90's.

It's funny how the jerseys most of us hated in the 90s have a camp following now. Looks like they'll be wearing it against Vancouver on March 5th. I'm aiming to do a Spring Training weekend when the Devils play there on March 14th.

-------------

Also, Bob McKenzie says that Minnesota is close to trading for Devan Dubnyk.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's funny how the jerseys most of us hated in the 90s have a camp following now. Looks like they'll be wearing it against Vancouver on March 5th. I'm aiming to do a Spring Training weekend when the Devils play there on March 14th.

-------------

Also, Bob McKenzie says that Minnesota is close to trading for Devan Dubnyk.

I think the trade is done. Not going to fire Yeo yet. Yotes get a third round pick.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I think the trade is done. Not going to fire Yeo yet. Yotes get a third round pick.

Yup, the things that happen in the three minutes I spent trying to find out if the Coyotes were going to wear the retro jerseys for any other games.

Bob also says that Maloney was instructed by ownership to begin the rebuild.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dubnyk took the starting job from Mike Smith.:laugh:

What's the matter? Mike Smith isn't considered a top 10 goalie in the league anymore? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Anton Volchenkov is a defensemen on the best team in the NHL. Yep.

I never had a big problem with Volchenkov. He's got his limitations, but he can be a useful PKer. Problem was that he was 4.25 mil with us and Nashville has him for a million.

And I suppose having Shea Weber play 26 minutes a night helps out ;)

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Looking at Nashville's forwards they have almost as many reclamation projects as we do. Theirs are actually working out though. Ribeiro with 38 points in 42 games at a little over $1 million. What a steal that signing turned out to be.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

Pretty sick.

Coached by the same guy who coached me in juniors. He has been talking about this kid for a while. Likely will play major junior or college.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Looking at Nashville's forwards they have almost as many reclamation projects as we do. Theirs are actually working out though. Ribeiro with 38 points in 42 games at a little over $1 million. What a steal that signing turned out to be.

They do have a lot of washed up retreads. They are benefitting from having Rinne back too.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They do have a lot of washed up retreads. They are benefitting from having Rinne back too.

Definitely. Having him and Weber anchor their defensive game is a huge reason they're successful. I'm hoping a couple years down the road we can have a similar foundation with the kids and Cory. If course it would help if we had a kid like Forsberg...

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Rinne injured and out 3-5 weeks now. Luckily one of those weeks is all star break. They might fall off with Carter Hutton having to play all those games. Dude blows.

Maybe Marty would like to go there?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Rinne injured and out 3-5 weeks now. Luckily one of those weeks is all star break. They might fall off with Carter Hutton having to play all those games. Dude blows.

Maybe Marty would like to go there?

Yeah he does, we netted 5 against him in a game last season.

So many bad goalies around the league but since many are big they at least take a lot of the net away and pucks will just hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad