News From Around the League, Part XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
The "primadonna" has the potential to score 35+ goals.

Hopefully Pete treats Yak like he did Larsson in his 1st year.

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Yakupov probably has more value around the league than Greene, I'd just take it to trade Yakupov again for something else.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
key is potential

while you have our #1 dman in Greene. So you're trading our best defenseman for potential that may occur someday.

This team immediately is worse after this trade with the possibility of being better someday assuming everything works out.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
The "primadonna" has the potential to score 35+ goals.

Hopefully Pete treats Yak like he did Larsson in his 1st year.

That's fantastic he has "potential" ,when he does something significant in this league maybe I will "potentially" believe he isn't a terrible player.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Aside from the fact that Pete will probably treat him like most of the other youngsters, I wouldn't really mind Yakupov depending on the cost.

apice3*

If DeBoer treats Larsson the way he did Yak his first year, which is playing him much of the season and benching for the entire playoffs before he sparks the team with a goal only to be benched AGAIN, Yakupov would not play a game for us ever again.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Hopefully we never get him because he is a trainwreck

Get a clue mister mustard.

Your Russian bashing is nothing short of a joke and all of those emotions are linked because your girlfriend decided to dump your ass for someone better.... Get over it already, jeez.

Would you still take your long lost love if he was available (Semin) or did Kovy crush your heart so hard that you've become anti Russian?

The kid is 20, relax and step away from the ledge, it'll be alright.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Get a clue mister mustard.

Your Russian bashing is nothing short of a joke and all of those emotions are linked because your girlfriend decided to dump your ass for someone better.... Get over it already, jeez.

Would you still take your long lost love if he was available (Semin) or did Kovy crush your heart so hard that you've become anti Russian?

The kid is 20, relax and step away from the ledge, it'll be alright.

Has nothing to do with being Russian. But if you think it does, more power to you. Whatever makes your heart warmer at night. I have absolutely nothing against Russian hockey players but like I said whatever makes you feel better inside, do it.

I would take Semin though because he scores and can actually play defense, so that is kind of the exact opposite of Yakupov

Also dont see how im close to a ledge in your scenario... Im perfectly content without Yakupov so im really failing to see your analogy here.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Has nothing to do with being Russian. But if you think it does, more power to you. Whatever makes your heart warmer at night.

I would take Semin though because he scores and can actually play defense, so that is kind of the exact opposite of Yakupov

Also dont see how im close to a ledge in your scenario... Im perfectly content without Yakupov so im really failing to see your analogy here.

I dare you to name one single player at the age of 20 who had a solid 2 way game after playing just 65 games at the NHL level.

Let me ask you this, would you rather have RNH over Yakupov?

Edit: Semin plays defence? This is probably the most absurd statement I've seen in a long time on HF :laugh:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I dare you to name one single player at the age of 20 who had a solid 2 way game after playing just 65 games at the NHL level.

Of course I would. Hopkins is a center which automatically makes him more valuable . Not to mention he is actually willing to back check and you know, not ***** and moan if the coach does something he doesnt like.

Yak is a diva, a complete one way player and honestly, has become more of a distraction then a help to the Oilers

You dont think Semin plays defense ??? The guy's defense is so under rated that its comical. He plays the PK every now and then for Carolina and looks more then fine doing it. He isnt lost in the D zone and again is atleast willing to back check, unlike Yakupov

apice3*

Landeskog

Devils Trap is taking the Yakupov thing way too far. I wouldn't give up the assets Edmonton would want, but to say he wouldn't take him here at all is pretty stupid.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Landeskog

Devils Trap is taking the Yakupov thing way too far. I wouldn't give up the assets Edmonton would want, but to say you wouldn't take him here at all is pretty stupid.

I have no problem taking him here if we get him cheap, but its pretty well known he wont be cheap

Status Quo*

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 35s

Full trade: Kris Versteeg and Phillippe Lefebrve to Chicago for Jimmy Hayes and Dylan Olsen.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
si6RaAP.png

just saw this on Wiki

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I imagine those guys going to Florida are probably not NHL roster players. Haven't heard of them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad