News From Around the League, Part XLIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Hemsky's locker has been cleaned out

No report of trade.... Why ??? Maybe the team is currently playing

I brought up the Hemsky possibility a few days ago. Makes too much sense. He's Czech and great friends with Jagr. Jagr lobbied for him to get on the Czech national team and insisted Hemsky play on his line.

I think it's something to look out for certainly. I imagine Fayne would have to be involved considering that it's odd for the Devils to push a young player like they are doing with Gelly tonight.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Well Edmonton plays at 1pm today (in Philly lol) so we'll find out soon enough. I would love to get Hemsky.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Hemsky is a scratch today

edit: nvm

Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe 1m
At this point Ales Hemsky is on the official game sheet and has been announced as in the Oilers starting lineup. Will update if it changes

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just an aside... anyone see Alexander Urbom's ridiculous slapper the other night vs NYI? We missed out on that kid. What a goal.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Just an aside... anyone see Alexander Urbom's ridiculous slapper the other night vs NYI? We missed out on that kid. What a goal.

I would have been fine with trading Urbom for assets, since we will have a crowded blueline in the next few seasons.

BUT, to let him get go for no return was inexcusably bad by Lou.
Other GMs would be called out on that by their owners.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I would have been fine with trading Urbom for assets, since we will have a crowded blueline in the next few seasons.

BUT, to let him get go for no return was inexcusably bad by Lou.
Other GMs would be called out on that by their owners.

19 other teams passed on Urbom. Owners have no idea about Urbom. He is the standard big body young defenseman with potential.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Edmonton's defense is as bad as the Flyers was under Laviolette. Bryz will probably get torched playing behind that team too.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Edmonton's defense is as bad as the Flyers was under Laviolette. Bryz will probably get torched playing behind that team too.

The difference is the EDM knows its defense is bad. The Flyers thought they only needed a better goalie and their defense was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad