News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Reactions: JKP and MJF

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
He got a crosscheck from the entire team. Whoa, that's unique.

Everyone realizes they are making a big deal of this to take the heat off the other story...

Reactions: PWJunior and eoin92

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The injury that he recovered from, returned for the playoffs, and TBs cap situation. So, they play up the crosscheck thing and he was injured to diffuse all that other stuff. Players playing through injuries are 'warriors' - don't question them...

I see it's working already! :laugh::sarcasm:

I was never big on the salary cap thing though so I didn't make the connection. The Kucherov comments in the post game was where my mind went, but that also wasn't a huge deal to me. He's just unprofessional.

Reactions: Throttle

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

The actual diagnosis was non-displaced rib fracture. Which you can get by coughing too hard. Seriously. But the headline says "Kucherov Played With Broken Rib", which make you think SNAPPED IN HALF. :shakehead

Playoff hockey is tough. Guys get injured. Guys play through injuries. A lot of the time we never even learn about it. Big deal.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
The actual diagnosis was non-displaced rib fracture. Which you can get by coughing too hard. Seriously. But the headline says "Kucherov Played With Broken Rib", which make you think SNAPPED IN HALF. :shakehead

Playoff hockey is tough. Guys get injured. Guys play through injuries. A lot of the time we never even learn about it. Big deal.

Hockey players are tough, among the toughest athletes in the world, but Drew Brees, his 11 broken ribs and collapsed lung laugh at the need for Tampa and Kucherov to play up his boo boo for sympathy.

Reactions: JKP and doublechili

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

Hey Lovely Nikita . . . you got nothing on this guy:

Reactions: doublechili

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Precisely, I would not believe what TB team officials report. Kucherov does not get the benefit of doubt. He is a known embellisher who came back this season from a LTIR injury that allowed TB to skirt the salary cap. The fact was he was well enough to play after the Mayfield hit, and he only winced after trying to hit Barzal who was a target that game, it could have happened there. Broken rib is hyperbole at it's finest. Non displaced rib fracture is defined by the American Association for surgery is Simple (non-displaced) fractures appear as cracks in the rib or a jagged edge.

Reactions: MJF

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
They Danault what they're doing.

8gUp.gif

So good

Reactions: PK Cronin and MJF

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I dont know, Danault is a decent player but I dont think he is worth anywhere near what he thinks he is worth right now. The guy is basically a 10 goal 35 point player. You dont pay 5-6 million per year for a defensive center.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I dont know, Danault is a decent player but I dont think he is worth anywhere near what he thinks he is worth right now. The guy is basically a 10 goal 35 point player. You dont pay 5-6 million per year for a defensive center.
I think he's valuable but not 5M worthy.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He’s worth it. I just would have tried to drive a little harder of a bargain.
A lot harder. Not saying Heiskanen is a bad player, just that there isn’t enough body of work there for me to pay him Subban money.

Reactions: bigtim1988
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad