News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Makar is going to get another payday after that deal too, nice work by him and his agent. That cap space Colorado used to have is quickly evaporating and they don't have much to show for it. $20M in space and they only have 14 guys signed for next season with big pieces still to go.

Reactions: MJF

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
Kane and Toews come off in two seasons, so at least there's that?

I'm just confused about why Chicago wanted him so desperately. Are they ready for another run? They don't even have a goalie.

My guess is they're looking around the western conference and thinking "it's Vegas, Colorado, and that's it." With Kane's prime winding down and the Avs possibly losing Landeskog, maybe the hawks figure they have an opening.

You're right: they better find a goalie.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
My guess is they're looking around the western conference and thinking "it's Vegas, Colorado, and that's it." With Kane's prime winding down and the Avs possibly losing Landeskog, maybe the hawks figure they have an opening.

You're right: they better find a goalie.
Plenty of goalies to get out there. That’s an easy solution.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Well I'm in for 6 years 39 million

And I'll predict Sorokin ends up with more than everyone thinks and will be a giant pain in the ass

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Makar is going to get another payday after that deal too, nice work by him and his agent. That cap space Colorado used to have is quickly evaporating and they don't have much to show for it. $20M in space and they only have 14 guys signed for next season with big pieces still to go.

Colorado got lucky and managed to underpay players, especially stars, for years.

Now they are getting dragged by some of those players and new guys who aren't taking Walmart salaries, just because of success years ago, sitting across the bargaining table from a hockey legend like Sakic, etc.

In a couple years when Nathan MacKinnon comes due, they better be prepared to bend over, right after sliding him a blank check.

Reactions: Throttle and MJF

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
You can build your team from the net out or go deep down the middle.

But what you don't do is load up on LWs and go halfway on your rebuild, while trying to simply spite your rival with moves like signing Panarin.

I love that Dolan is now focusing on the Rags.
If it weren't for Messier, he'd be 0 for 52 seasons as owner of both the Rags and Knicks.

Dolan is Daniel Snyder bad as an owner.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20210725_190052.jpg

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Maker and Jones set the new market. My first thought is how much will the Isles need to re-up Pelech? Not the same type of D men, but just as valuable to the Isles.

This is all the Columbus Bluejackets fault.. if they accepted the Garth offer of our entire 2012 draft for the #2 spot to select Ryan Murray there would be no salary cap issues. There would be no Pelech, no Leddy, no Barzal, no Beau, no new owners , no new arena, just a crappy team playing in Kansas City .

edit : most important there would have been no Loic Leduc. My apologies all

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
This is all the Columbus Bluejackets fault.. if they accepted the Garth offer of our entire 2012 draft for the #2 spot to select Ryan Murray there would be no salary cap issues. There would be no Pelech, no Leddy, no Barzal, no Beau, no new owners , no new arena, just a crappy team playing in Kansas City .
We would've been killed if that thing happens

MYIslanders

Oct 4, 2014
Boggles my mind that people defend snow when THIS was our reality for so long.

Reactions: Strummergas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad