News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Noted.

Next time I'm north of the border I'll ask the hotel clerk where the nearest Timmies is. That coffee is tremendous.
I've made the trip to Ontario via Buffalo or Niagara Falls many times.

Plenty of Tim Horton's on this side of the border and unfortunately that's your only option with the border being closed.

Maybe take a road trip to see a Sabres game. Betcha you can get a great seat.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I've made the trip to Ontario via Buffalo or Niagara Falls many times.

Plenty of Tim Horton's on this side of the border and unfortunately that's your only option with the border being closed.

Maybe take a road trip to see a Sabres game. Betcha you can get a great seat.

There was one in penn station like 3 yrs ago

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Noted.

Next time I'm north of the border I'll ask the hotel clerk where the nearest Timmies is. That coffee is tremendous.
Personally, I don't think either the coffee or the donuts are as good as they used to be.

But I started going there in the early 70's, and actually met Tim Horton in a Tim Horton's (before they dropped the apostrophe).

Reactions: MJF

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
Does anyone know what happened to member REDBULL? I don't think I've seen him post for quite some time. I hope he is OK.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Personally, I don't think either the coffee or the donuts are as good as they used to be.

But I started going there in the early 70's, and actually met Tim Horton in a Tim Horton's (before they dropped the apostrophe).
I don't care for their donuts either.

Down here there are people who love Dunkin Donuts coffee ::sigh::

I guess it takes all kinds of people to make a world.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
another thread on the main boards that is a thinly veiled bash the isles fest... sigh... I SHOULDN'T get caught up in these flame wars, but our honor is at stake
I wanted the Rangers to beat the Caps... until I saw that thread

It’s a real shame they lost, what with all those super amazing, better than the Islanders players they have

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
another thread on the main boards that is a thinly veiled bash the isles fest... sigh... I SHOULDN'T get caught up in these flame wars, but our honor is at stake

Who cares? Not worth potentially getting points. Adam Fox is 100% a better player then Noah Dobson is right now anyways :).

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
It’s alright, when Dobson is skating circles around Fox in a few years I’ll be sure to bring that thread up for funsies.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Who cares? Not worth potentially getting points. Adam Fox is 100% a better player then Noah Dobson is right now anyways :).
by my own admission I shouldn't care lol

but hey, why do any of us care about a bunch of guys shooting a rubber puck around on the ice?

we humans are funny

Reactions: TMI

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
yeah I have maybe gotten myself into a little trouble :laugh:
It’s fine. If the Rags fans want to stroke themselves over the fact that their older, more seasoned player is currently better than Dobson, who is 2 years younger with only about 60% of his game experience to this point, let them. They don’t have much else, attm

And to clarify, Fox is a VERY good hockey player. But a Rags fan starting a “poll” in the NHL section of the main boards is just a troll move to stroke their own... egos

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
It’s fine. If the Rags fans want to stroke themselves over the fact that their older, more seasoned player is currently better than Dobson, who is 2 years younger with only about 60% of his game experience to this point, let them. They don’t have much else, attm

And to clarify, Fox is a VERY good hockey player. But a Rags fan starting a “poll” in the NHL section of the main boards is just a troll move to stroke their own... egos
oh, for the record I do believe Fox > Dobson, at least atm

Reactions: Tres Peleches

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Lol, there is not point in getting caught up in these Ranger Islander comparisons. Just embrace that the Isles will forever be under the radar. I'm sure it was the same way back in the day when the Rangers were making Sassoon commercials just before the Islanders started winning championships in suburban obscurity.

Reactions: FractionTwo

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
oh, for the record I do believe Fox > Dobson, at least atm
Yeah. But it’s comparing apples to oranges at this point. A better poll would be Dobson and/or Wahlstrom vs Kravstov, since they were drafted at the same time and whatnot

but a Rags fan wouldn’t wanna open up that can of worms

Reactions: Thrasymachus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad