Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Continue on...

Previous thread: News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21 Pt. III

Last post from previous thread:

I'm fine with that. I like the team to be tested. I'm not really a big fan of building points against cup-cakes. Obviously, you need to win those match-ups, but I have faith in our team and our system to get the job done against the Rangers. Of course, I could be wrong, but one of the things I love about a Trotz coached team as that whom ever we play and however hot they might be, I feel like if the Isles stick to their game, they have at the very least a 50/50 shot of winning.

A little fire in the Rags/Islanders rivalry is never a bad thing, IMO. I want them to be good... I just want us to be BETTER! :)

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
-Man, this might be the year the caps and penguins DONT make the playoffs!
*fastforward a few months to now*
WHY DO THESE TEAMS NEVER DIE?

Every year in the offseason lol. Crosby and Ovie are done, these teams of misfit top overall picks are going to be good! 16 losses in a row later..

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Every year in the offseason lol. Crosby and Ovie are done, these teams of misfit top overall picks are going to be good! 16 losses in a row later..
and then I have to hear both fanbases

I hate the penguins more, they're such smug jackasses that I have just loathed them. I actually laughed at the failure of the steelers versus the browns, because I hate that city so much

Reactions: nyisleslover

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think most people expected NYR, PHI, BUF and NJD to be way more competitive than they are. None of their moves from the off season have panned out.
I think the Devils are going to end up exceeding where I thought they'd be in the standings. By the end of the season (and once the Rags are done with the Flyers) I think the Devils will end up 6th in the East. Originally I thought they'd finish last.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
The bottom 3 in this division are a joke. Not even competitive

Does the bottom 3 include the Flyers or Rangers? I don't think the Rangers are going to be easy to beat for the rest of the year.

There's really 3 tiers in the division. The Devils and Sabres suck ass. The Flyers and Rangers are mediocre. And then I think it's the 4 playoff teams.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Does the bottom 3 include the Flyers or Rangers? I don't think the Rangers are going to be easy to beat for the rest of the year.

There's really 3 tiers in the division. The Devils and Sabres suck ass. The Flyers and Rangers are mediocre. And then I think it's the 4 playoff teams.

I took the rangers out of the bot 3. It seems they are much better than philly

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I feel if Boston’s inconsistency and injuries continue they can easily fall to the Rangers.

EDIT: Actually that wouldn’t be good. I just noticed their schedule and they don’t face Boston anymore. Boston also has games in hand. Finally for the Rangers to get in they would have to beat the Isles a lot.

Last edited:

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I feel if Boston’s inconsistency and injuries continue they can easily fall to the Rangers.

EDIT: Actually that wouldn’t be good. I just noticed their schedule and they don’t face Boston anymore. Boston also has games in hand. Finally for the Rangers to get in they would have to beat the aisles a lot.

Yea Boston is struggling for them, but make no mistake on that team. If they caught up in games they would be right in the thick of it and would be in the mid-40s point-wise. They've also played 12 home games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad