News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Such a paradox. Everything that organization does is first class and yet they let Mishkin and the 100 yr old, barely audible Espo do the radio call. But you're right, they're terrible.

Espo sound lost half the time, offering complaints and half-thoughts, while the pxp is incredibly overmodulated and when the Lightning scores he shrieks awfully. Sure, Kinger gets crazy excited on goals, but he isn’t painful like this.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Espo sound lost half the time, offering complaints and half-thoughts, while the pxp is incredibly overmodulated and when the Lightning scores he shrieks awfully. Sure, Kinger gets crazy excited on goals, but he isn’t painful like this.
Mishkin actually isn't bad following and calling the action but his goal calls and having a worthless Espo next to him make the whole thing intolerable. And that shriek only gets worse as the importance of the games ramps up.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Coop bitched about that last interference call against Palat, and rightly so, but secretly he's probably happy that they are getting some PK work in given how little practice there has been.

Reactions: Matt Watson

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Any one check in with the Leafs board as they trail Montreal in the 3rd? Hilarious . . They are in late season form already . . .

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
So Matthews is allowed to cross check hard enough to break his stick AFTER the whistle and not get a penalty?

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
So Matthews is allowed to cross check hard enough to break his stick AFTER the whistle and not get a penalty?
He’s also allowed to expose himself to female security guards without repercussions.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
My first hockey of the year: 3rd period of Montreal-Toronto, 3rd period of Chicago-Tampa, and now periods 2-3 of Vancouver-Edmonton.

How is Toews?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Any one check in with the Leafs board as they trail Montreal in the 3rd? Hilarious . . They are in late season form already . . .
Looks like the same problems they had last year, however they do look slower and have even less depth. Montreal deserved to win the game IMO, they were better. I think Dumbass has assembled another EA NHL 2021 team again, more like a collection of players rather than a team, in fact they look slower and have the same defensive problems. Only thing that saves them is they are in a weak division.

Reactions: JKP and MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Looks like the same problems they had last year, however they do look slower and have even less depth. Montreal deserved to win the game IMO, they were better. I think Dumbass has assembled another EA NHL 2021 team again, more like a collection of players rather than a team, in fact they look slower and have the same defensive problems. Only thing that saves them is they are in a weak division.
Keep giving the Maple Leafs 2-man advantages and they should win the game. Habs need to play a little smarter.

But man I like the Canadiens young legs. They may really have something going this season.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Keep giving the Maple Leafs 2-man advantages and they should win the game. Habs need to play a little smarter.

But man I like the Canadiens young legs. They may really have something going this season.
I like their balance, they can skate and they now have players that play a heavy game. Suzuki and Anderson looked good. Emundson and Romanov look like good additions. As long as the cap stays where it is, it is a great equalizer. Teams can beat you with depth. Price needs to step it up though, for a 10M goalie, he needs to make the difficult stop. Didn't do this last night.

Reactions: MJF

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Captain Traitor looks like he had a good night on the score sheet last night.
Statistically yes, but his mediocre skating is showing. When he doesn't put up points, he is totally ineffective. He did have a nice assist on the OT goal. But here is what is looking familiar in his game. That's not Barzal beating him, it's Josh Anderson.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I like their balance, they can skate and they now have players that play a heavy game. Suzuki and Anderson looked good. Emundson and Romanov look like good additions. As long as the cap stays where it is, it is a great equalizer. Teams can beat you with depth. Price needs to step it up though, for a 10M goalie, he needs to make the difficult stop. Didn't do this last night.
Price left some juicy rebounds. Also the goal that made it 2-2 he didn't look good on. But I have more faith in Carey Price than I do Freddie Andersson.

JRD76

Aug 11, 2013
There's no defense in the Canadian division. That Tor vs Mtl game, there was like 5 breakaways or semi breakways and a lot of guys wide open around the net. Similar in the Edm vs Van game. Fun to watch I guess. Toronto might cruise along because they wont be facing any tough defensive teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad