News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2020-21 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
And two writers picked Montreal to make it out of the North.

That Canadian division is a real odd one for me. Toronto seems really strong but I really don't know what to expect from those Western teams.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
That Canadian division is a real odd one for me. Toronto seems really strong but I really don't know what to expect from those Western teams.
I don't think Jacob Markstrom is strong enough to carry a team and the Flames aren't good enough to be a deep threat.

Thatcher Demko had a helluva playoff but I wonder about him too. Canucks might be a final 4 team if Demko is the real deal. I see Holtby as a #2 on that team.

If the Oilers stay healthy they are a Cup threat.

I think the Canadiens are the class of the field in that division.

The Leafs just seem like an odd collection of slow skating vets and offense with no heart.

I think the Jets come in last and blow it all up midseason.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I don't think Jacob Markstrom is strong enough to carry a team and the Flames aren't good enough to be a deep threat.

Thatcher Demko had a helluva playoff but I wonder about him too. Canucks might be a final 4 team if Demko is the real deal. I see Holtby as a #2 on that team.

The Leafs just seem like an odd collection of slow skating vets and offense with no heart.

This kinda reminding me of the post-lockout season where things were just different - the condensed schedule should not be dismissed as a strong factor in team performance and this year its the division pods of redundant opponents.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013

I wouldn’t mind the oilers winning a cup again, but I’d like to see the islanders do it first, again.

Last edited:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Sportsnet predictions from 21 writers.

Sportsnet NHL Insider predictions for 2020-21 season

Bizarre! Two picked the Isles to come first in the East, and four!!!! picked them to make the semi-finals.

They are undergoing drug testing as we speak.
It's not that weird to pick a team to not win the division in the regular season but to win it in the postseason. If anything, I'd take it as a compliment, as it indicates they think the team is built to win in the playoffs moreso than the regular season.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
It's not that weird to pick a team to not win the division in the regular season but to win it in the postseason. If anything, I'd take it as a compliment, as it indicates they think the team is built to win in the playoffs moreso than the regular season.
Oh, I agree it's not odd to pick a different team, but I'm just a bit surprised at so many picking us.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Oh, I agree it's not odd to pick a different team, but I'm just a bit surprised at so many picking us.
Ahhh, I see, I totally misinterpreted your point there, haha. Sorry about that.

It is a pleasant surprise though. And to me an even bigger pleasant surprise was how few picked us to disappoint.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Matheson living up to his rep. Had a retaliatory cross check on Konecny into the boards and gets 2 minutes. Philly scores 10 seconds into their PP with less than a minute to go in the 1st. :laugh:

Reactions: leeroggy

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Matheson living up to his rep. Had a retaliatory cross check on Konecny into the boards and gets 2 minutes. Philly scores 10 seconds into their PP with less than a minute to go in the 1st. :laugh:

So true . . Game IQ really keeps him from being a heck of a player

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Wahlstroms USDP teammate and line mate has 4 points on opening night for Philly. Flyers taking it to the pens. Neither Hart or Jarry look too impressive.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
6-3. Good. Good. You should get a negative point in this division if you lose by 5.

Reactions: MJF
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad