News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Leafs vs pens tonight should be interesting.

You’d have to imagine the pens come out hard, considering they lost 2-in-a-row to the lowly islanders :sarcasm:

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
The Leaf win puts us alone in first.

We were gonna take something from this game either way: either Toronto got smoked by Pitt after we’d won b2b and we’d have a few ha-ha-has, or we’d get a night or two in first alone.

I like door #2 better. It’s a healthier way to live. It’s nice cheering FOR our team and not getting our kicks from the ex-GF going on a series of bad dates. I dunno how long this particular honeymoon period with Barry lasts, but it’s better for the soul.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Leafs vs pens tonight should be interesting.

You’d have to imagine the pens come out hard, considering they lost 2-in-a-row to the lowly islanders :sarcasm:
I had to do a double take on that Leafs/Pens score.

I was expecting a much stronger pushback from the Pens. Gotta reluctantly tip my hat to the Leafs there.

Reactions: bigtim1988

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I had to do a double take on that Leafs/Pens score.

I was expecting a much stronger pushback from the Pens. Gotta reluctantly tip my hat to the Leafs there.
I taped that game and watched it. Pitts had the same problem, of missing assignments in their end.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Aaaand the first coach fired this season is John Stevens of the Kings

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Can’t wait to yell obscenities at that **** bag in February

This franchise is in a much better position since Judas left. I take Trotz and Lamoriello over Judas any day of the week. This team may go on losing streaks, but with Trotz and Lamoriello at the helm they are that much closer to winning a Stanley Cup.

I seriously would not be surprised if Toronto sits him. Regardless of whether or not the Islanders are in a playoff spot somebody is going to try and make a name for themselves that day. Komarov or Johnston in particular strike me as guys who would want to cement their names in Islander history with a huge hit on Tavares.

Notice I did not say dirty or intentionally try to hurt the guy, but somebody is going to have the adrenaline running a little too hight that night and lay a nasty hit on him during or after the play. There will be no friends that day.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
This franchise is in a much better position since Judas left. I take Trotz and Lamoriello over Judas any day of the week. This team may go on losing streaks, but with Trotz and Lamoriello at the helm they are that much closer to winning a Stanley Cup.

I seriously would not be surprised if Toronto sits him. Regardless of whether or not the Islanders are in a playoff spot somebody is going to try and make a name for themselves that day. Komarov or Johnston in particular strike me as guys who would want to cement their names in Islander history with a huge hit on Tavares.

Notice I did not say dirty or intentionally try to hurt the guy, but somebody is going to have the adrenaline running a little too hight that night and lay a nasty hit on him during or after the play. There will be no friends that day.

I almost want it to be Anders, not a dirty hit but bulldoze him with his Anders muscles. Be so appropiate to show the new Captain delivering the pain to the fake leader

Reactions: YearlyLottery

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Out of boredom, watching the Rags/Sabres game. Sabres look really good, despite being down 1. Maybe the Sabres are finally turning the corner?
Not until they get some goaltending. Carter Hutton gave up 2 bad goals, 21 seconds apart, to start the 2nd period.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Not until they get some goaltending. Carter Hutton gave up 2 bad goals, 21 seconds apart, to start the 2nd period.
They were both caused by spectacular defensive f*** ups that seem to happen at least a dozen times in every one of our games. If you guys offered us Filpilla for that gigantic black hole of total worthless suck Risto I would seriously consider it. f*** I'd even consider trading him for Mayfield, that's how much he completely sucks.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018

Pretty telling statement there.

Can’t wait to yell obscenities at that **** bag in February

Just continuing to confirm what we all know.

Guys, I know that Tavares is bad and the fact that he's breathing is too much for some, but maybe... chill out a bit? It's about a Hockey Night in Canada TOWEL. That's a nice, meaningful souvenir for many Canadian players. And from my understanding, everyone can get it. Unless all three Seguin, Vlasic and Burns at some point played for the Leafs.

"I had a lot of 'welcome to the league' moments. That was definitely a surreal one," Dallas Stars All-Star forward Tyler Seguin said of getting his first Hockey Night in Canada towel.

The first time he received a Hockey Night in Canada towel, Sharks defenseman Marc-Edouard Vlasic actually asked Oake to autograph it. A perfect complement to a popular piece of classic Canadiana.

"I've always loved it. I've always been a big souvenir guy. I enjoy those things. Those are all big moments," said Burns. "You grow up and that's like church for you when you're a kid. You watch it on the weekend."

He's a Canadian kid who watched a lot of hockey. How dare he.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Guys, I know that Tavares is bad and the fact that he's breathing is too much for some, but maybe... chill out a bit? It's about a Hockey Night in Canada TOWEL. That's a nice, meaningful souvenir for many Canadian players. And from my understanding, everyone can get it. Unless all three Seguin, Vlasic and Burns at some point played for the Leafs.

He's a Canadian kid who watched a lot of hockey. How dare he.

It’s a loaded statement coming from him and is congruent w every other statement he’s made re: TO, playing in Ca. since July.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Couple of thoughts.

1)The Isles thread on the main board is a cancer. PDO morons trying to be high brow about analytics.

2)Carter Hutton is ok at best. So happy the Isles didn't sign him. I don't see him as a starter in this league.

3)I really hope the Rangers start winning. I don't want them drafting in the top five.

4)PJB can stick that meaningless towel up his a**.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad