News Around the League Part II: Post-holiday moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Thats because Zach thought he was irreplaceable or God Like when in reality he would disappear at the most inopportune times. OH WHATS WRONG WITH ZACH HE MUST BE HURT. NO just not clutch. Dont get me wrong he could be. But inconsistent-at best

I guess when you throw others under the bus you take the heat off yourself.

Yeah, Zach really never was as clutch as I would've liked, and he does have a tendency to toss others under the bus. I admit that I did/do miss having him on the Devils, but I also think his contract is going to get uglier as he ages especially with his history of knee troubles. Zach isn't all bad, but he definitely has his warts.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
That parise contract is going to be putrid in about 2-3 years. hes already 31 and has so much wear and tear on that body. Hes been steady declining for the last couple of seasons now

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Yeah, Zach really never was as clutch as I would've liked, and he does have a tendency to toss others under the bus. I admit that I did/do miss having him on the Devils, but I also think his contract is going to get uglier as he ages especially with his history of knee troubles. Zach isn't all bad, but he definitely has his warts.

It isn't like he disappeared in the playoffs. He had how like what 6 goals against Tampa in the playoffs in a series, and he was fine for the most part in the rest. This team has missed him ever since he left, hasn't even been close to being replaced. He is probably declining at this point though.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
That parise contract is going to be putrid in about 2-3 years. hes already 31 and has so much wear and tear on that body. Hes been steady declining for the last couple of seasons now

While I would love to see that contract blow up in Minnesota's face, Parise has not really been declining. Outside of his peak years from 2008 to 2010, he's been a pretty consistent 0.40gpg/0.80ppg player. And that's what he's been with Minnesota.

He has been injured more often though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
While I would love to see that contract blow up in Minnesota's face, Parise has not really been declining. Outside of his peak years from 2008 to 2010, he's been a pretty consistent 0.40gpg/0.80ppg player. And that's what he's been with Minnesota.

He is starting to get into that injury prone area. Doesn't seem he is a guaranteed 70-80 game player right now.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

I shouldn't have said decline. His injuries are becoming more often which I guess can coincide with a decline. Outside of his knee injury you could count on him to play 80 games. Seems like he is more of the 65-70 game guy now. don't get me wrong still a good player but he's getting paid more than his worth

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
It isn't like he disappeared in the playoffs. He had how like what 6 goals against Tampa in the playoffs in a series, and he was fine for the most part in the rest. This team has missed him ever since he left, hasn't even been close to being replaced. He is probably declining at this point though.

Not being clutch and disappearing are different things. I don't think Parise disappeared in the playoffs, but he wasn't particularly clutch, either. And I said I miss Parise, but I just wouldn't want to be saddled with that contract long-term. We miss Parise now for sure and in the past couple of years, but we're getting back on the right track. He chose to leave. I'm not going to pine after him or pretend that he was perfect.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Not being clutch and disappearing are different things. I don't think Parise disappeared in the playoffs, but he wasn't particularly clutch, either. And I said I miss Parise, but I just wouldn't want to be saddled with that contract long-term. We miss Parise now for sure and in the past couple of years, but we're getting back on the right track. He chose to leave. I'm not going to pine after him or pretend that he was perfect.

Regular season Zachary was great I'm not saying he wasn't good to have on the teem. When the it came to needing a few games or playoffs poof disappear. If the guys Dad was sick I was glad he was able to spend his last days with him. However they thought he would be their ticket to the top. Never saw that happening with that move.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey

With Zajac he was a 80-90 point player. Without him he's basically a 60-70 point player.

His pace this year is just slightly below that.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Regular season Zachary was great I'm not saying he wasn't good to have on the teem. When the it came to needing a few games or playoffs poof disappear. If the guys Dad was sick I was glad he was able to spend his last days with him. However they thought he would be their ticket to the top. Never saw that happening with that move.

I find the narrative that he disappeared in the playoffs funny.

He still produced pretty close to his regular season average in the playoffs.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Holy moly. Does anyone know the specifics about what happens if he comes back. If he comes to us does he still need all 30 GMs to approve?

If he sits a year he can come back to us.

If he sits a hits age 35 he can come back as a UFA

If he tries to come back without sitting a year he needs 30 teams to approve and we would have his rights if the vote was yes.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He either sits out a year and needs only Devils consent.

Or

If every team consents, he's allowed to come back to the league. I'm not sure if the Devils have his rights in this case though.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I cant see how the 30 GMs wouldnt say yes. Lets also face facts the odds that Kovy, his agent, and the league all get on the same page before the playoff roster lock is LOW

What is likely to happen is that the vote wont even happen till next week if they are lucky and Kovy will have to sit out the playoffs for what ever team he might become a party of. I think with that in mind all 30 GMs would say yes, he might be able to help a team make the playoffs but he cant help in the playoffs.

Also i think the owners play a factor in this in that they will want the best player not in the NHL to be in the NHL. He sells tickets and merch.

Will it be the Devils who get him i have no clue. I will always like Kovy no matter what happened, i do believe there was a larger game being played then we know.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Nobody does it better.

rJcvWBK.png

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
ection 8.7 of this By-Law [which deals with professional players seeking reinstatement as amateurs], the Club on whose Voluntarily Retired List a player’s name has been registered may transfer his name back on its Reserve List at any time after the expiry of one year from the date of registration on the Voluntarily Retired List by filing any currently valid contract, option, or try-out.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
ection 8.7 of this By-Law [which deals with professional players seeking reinstatement as amateurs], the Club on whose Voluntarily Retired List a player’s name has been registered may transfer his name back on its Reserve List at any time after the expiry of one year from the date of registration on the Voluntarily Retired List by filing any currently valid contract, option, or try-out.

Which Daly has said doesn't apply here.

I think the fact that he played professionally in Russia changes everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad