News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
They're also pretty damn lucky. How many times can you hire a Hall of Fame GM and a coach coming off winning the Cup in the same offseason?

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Niederreiter is probably a 40-50 point scorer, but he's excellent defensively. It could be a good compliment to Hall/Nico. I'd take him any day (for a reasonable price).

Reactions: New Jersey

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
also, check out his stats from the LAST 3 SEASONS in terms of sheer CF #s

it's seriously not even close

giphy.gif

you guys and your stats are nuts

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
giphy.gif

you guys and your stats are nuts
do i need to translate? it's such a basic stat thoughhhh

the fact that the margin of CF vs CA is so huge is pretty telling.

even better, he's got the largest d-zone start % out of any forward, at a whopping 39%. AND, he's got the 2nd most GF% behind graovac in the past 3 years. that one's an easy stat right?

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
He's a dominant possession guy, which we can probably use. In fact, he may fit well cycling on a 2nd line with MarJo and Zacha. Or he'd do well with Nico/Hall digging pucks off the board. I just think his strengths are something this team could use.

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
yes you do

guess i'm old
CF vs CA is corsi for and corsi against

Corsi is "shots on goal, missed shots on goal, and blocked shot attempts towards the opposition’s net minus the same shot attempts directed at your own team’s net"

so basically it's a measure of a teams shot attempts, regardless of whether they make it to the net or not.

the fact that his numbers are so high means that he has a very positive impact on the team, and the reason why in included his zone starts is because it ALSO means that his numbers aren't just inflated by heavy o-zone starts

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
so basically it's a measure of a teams shot attempts, regardless of whether they make it to the net or not.
An even simpler description is that it basically correlates to your o-zone time. The higher your corsi, the more time you're PROBABLY spending on the attack vs time defending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad