News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I don't understand how moving Kadri is beneficial to TOR. All I've heard from their fans is that he fills a role that they'd sorely miss if he were vacated, and that his contract is a honey of a deal for what he brings. If you have a guy who provides great value, you don't toss him aside so you can be more liberal in negotiating a higher-dollar holdout.

tl;dr - Moving Kadri doesn't help TOR.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
I don't understand how moving Kadri is beneficial to TOR. All I've heard from their fans is that he fills a role that they'd sorely miss if he were vacated, and that his contract is a honey of a deal for what he brings. If you have a guy who provides great value, you don't toss him aside so you can be more liberal in negotiating a higher-dollar holdout.

tl;dr - Moving Kadri doesn't help TOR.

In reality, I would love it if Dubas starts making some horrible moves. Everyone thought he was going to be Christ incarnate. Also as a F’you too the particular set of Fans that give us crap year after year. I like some of the team which is funny. Austin Matthews and Tavares has been stand out guys. Not a fan of Kadri, think he plays dirty and Andersen for not signing with us for whatever reason. I don’t mind some of the other Canadian teams but Toronto is the empitime of Canadian Superiority Complex

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
If we included Rask going the other way, it could soften the blow to center for them.

I think we want Nylander to be honest. We currently only have Williams and Zykov as righties in the whole forward group (well Necas and Roy if he stayed), and Ferland/Svech are lefties likely to stay there. Losing Lindy and Stempniak hurt us in this respect which used to be an issue a few of years ago too. Having some righties playing right wing that can make plays is pretty important. Hamilton pinches frequently down the right side, and off of left sided cycles righties can take better advantage of both he and Faulk better than lefties can. Nylander checks a lot of boxes, he’s both shooter and passer, is righty and may even be to help center duties on occasion. At least some face offs possibly a la Lindy. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if we pulled that off, though a move for Kadri also makes a lot of sense from our side.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Are teams allowed to trade injured players?
People of the net say yes. Evander Kane is given as an example. The clause giving the Club the right to Trade the SPC doesn't have any caveat about injury or the player being on LTIR (or any other caveat for that matter).

But you can't buy them out, see: Jared Cowen.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I think we want Nylander to be honest.

I agree. Nylander makes the most sense...But, I wonder who the team is scouting these last few games outside of Kadri. Maybe Kapanen, but I don’t see any players other than Nylander or Kadri on TOR that are immediately better than what’s on the roster already. Might be an interesting few weeks leading up to 12/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad