News Article: News and Notes XXV: Higher than the Highest Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Best guess: Roy with Necas on the wing on that line for a few games.
Off chance it's Kuokkanen - Necas - McGinn next game.
Maybe it's Kuokkanen - Necas - Zykov. Other than being good at taking a stick to the face and bouncing back, I've not seen anything from McGinn that suggests he is not just your run of the mill 13th forward.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Maybe it's Kuokkanen - Necas - Zykov. Other than being good at taking a stick to the face and bouncing back, I've not seen anything from McGinn that suggests he is not just your run of the mill 13th forward.
McGinn's play has been pretty disappointing for someone who scored 16 goals last season and could have had 20+ if not for all the posts he hit. He's definitely looking like a 4th liner at best this season. He needs to up his game if he wants to play every night.

Not sure who we bring up, but I would have to think it's definitely one of Roy or Kuokkanen. Kill me if it's Patrick Brown.

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
McGinn's play has been pretty disappointing for someone who scored 16 goals last season and could have had 20+ if not for all the posts he hit. He's definitely looking like a 4th liner at best this season. He needs to up his game if he wants to play every night.

Not sure who we bring up, but I would have to think it's definitely one of Roy or Kuokkanen. Kill me if it's Patrick Brown.

McGinn played well with #11 and #14.

He doesn't seem to have the same chemistry with #88 and #73 yet and they're not as good of hockey players right now.

I wouldnt take his lack of production as his fault

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
How about trying:

McGinn - Staal - Williams
and
Foegele - Roy - Necas

13-11-14 is literally the best forechecking line the Canes have ever had. I’d be hesitant to break up either that or the Aho line right now.

Maybe switch McGinn and Martinook. Martinook adds some good responsibility and defense to the kids line, and McGinn benefits from playing with Svech.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
McGinn is just 4th line grinder that could move on the lines if necessarily. Hope for something like this by february.

Ferland/Aho/Teravainen
Foegele/Staal/Svechnikov
Kuokkanen/Rask/Williams
Martinook/Roy/ McGinn
Wallmark, Zykov, Maenalanen as a depth. Necas in AHL.

Slavin/Pesce
de Haan/Hamilton
Fleury/Faulk

Darling

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Mcginn’s role as the work hard grinder with touch has been pushed down by Foegs and Ferland, I’m sure it’s been an adjustment for him. He has to re assert himself and force a role. I think he’s actually played pretty well but hasn’t forced himself into the conversations like Foegs did. Necas looking pretty clueless hasn’t helped him, and the lack of a RW grabbing that job has lead to non existent chemistry in that line. It’s on him to turn it around and adjust, but I don’t find what’s happened to him so far as surprising. We added two of him to the lineup....well.

It’s not unlike Faulk last year. On top of losing his spot as the go to dman to two guys, he loses his vet partner and then gets saddled with a choice of two overwhelmed at times prospects when he’s normally the guy getting protected by the vet. He struggled and had to learn to how to be who he is in a new setting. McGinn is similar that way.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I saw last season. I also saw the season that Nesty and Nordy played with Staal and were lights out. I guess we should bring them back, too? Or maybe when plugs play with Jordan he makes them look better...who knows?

Brock McGinn's most common center last year was Victor Rask. Williams was easily his most common linemate.

He played 272 min with Jordan Staal at 5v5 last year, and 697 min away from him. Staal bumped McGinn's Corsi up by 3% by playing with him, but it was reciprocal, as McGinn bumped Staal's Corsi up by 3% as well.

In 2015-2016, Andrej Nestrasil played 518 min at 5v5 with Staal, and 187 min away from him. Joakim Nordstrom played 742 min at 5v5 with Staal, and 212 away from him.

I hardly think this is apples to apples.

EDIT: ho-lee shit. Nordstrom's Corsi with Staal that year was 52%, and without him was 38%. Meanwhile, Staal's without Nordy was 58%. :laugh:

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Brock McGinn's most common center last year was Victor Rask. Williams was easily his most common linemate.

He played 272 min with Jordan Staal at 5v5 last year, and 697 min away from him. Staal bumped McGinn's Corsi up by 3% by playing with him, but it was reciprocal, as McGinn bumped Staal's Corsi up by 3% as well.

In 2015-2016, Andrej Nestrasil played 518 min at 5v5 with Staal, and 187 min away from him. Joakim Nordstrom played 742 min at 5v5 with Staal, and 212 away from him.

EDIT: ho-lee ****. Nordstrom's Corsi with Staal that year was 52%, and without him was 38%. Meanwhile, Staal's without Nordy was 58%. :laugh:
Ok, great...thanks Bill Peters. :sarcasm: Now, can anyone tell me who was on the ice for the 16 goals McGinn scored last year?

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC

EDIT: ho-lee ****. Nordstrom's Corsi with Staal that year was 52%, and without him was 38%. Meanwhile, Staal's without Nordy was 58%. :laugh:

Nordy was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad