News and Notes XV: Get Well Soon Nestrasil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Oh, and the thing I should have added to reinforce point #6: the team value *still* appreciated 8% annualized in 2015 to $225M, despite being miserable on the ice and having abominable season ticket sales and advertising revenues:

http://www.forbes.com/teams/carolina-hurricanes/

This organization was built by a guy who knew that he needed to be able to build a business that could withstand a terrible hockey team -- because he was bringing us a terrible hockey team in the first place.
MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Oh, and the thing I should have added to reinforce point #6: the team value *still* appreciated 8% annualized in 2015 to $225M, despite being miserable on the ice and having abominable season ticket sales and advertising revenues:

http://www.forbes.com/teams/carolina-hurricanes/

This organization was built by a guy who knew that he needed to be able to build a business that could withstand a terrible hockey team -- because he was bringing us a terrible hockey team in the first place.

Hank, what thread did you originally post in?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I'm probably toeing a line by discussing a mod's actions, but I would guess it's because Fugu told everyone talking about the Hurricanes in particular to knock it off unless they had something solid. One could interpret that as allowing neither unsubstantiated relocation speculation nor rebuttals to said speculation. Note how that thread is back to talking about the USD-CAD exchange rate and not much else.

I don't see why Hank wouldn't be in the clear to post that in its own thread, though. It's a pretty solid response, especially to the kind of BS that's been spewing out of that board in the last few days.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I will give Fugu credit where credit is due. She has been much more amicable to our (and other "Sun Belters") rants as of late.

But it is annoying to see that Hank's post got the axe, whilst the guy who literally posted that the guy who installed his tv, told him we were relocating in less than six months, still has his post(s) intact.

Wasn't a burn at all. It was facts.

you blinded them w/ science

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I posted a sarcastic comment in the Vegas vs. Quebec basically comparing Vegas to Trump (flashy, loud, showy, abrasive) and Quebec being Clinton (more of the same, arrogant, condescending, crooked, will do/say anything to get a team) on the main board and it also got deleted. Man, people take things way too seriously.

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A couple other posters even joined in and suggested that Seattle was Bernie Sanders...and that an expansion draft was right up Sander's alley as it would be taking players from one team and giving them to another. :laugh:

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
A couple other posters even joined in and suggested that Seattle was Bernie Sanders...and that an expansion draft was right up Sander's alley as it would be taking players from one team and giving them to another. :laugh:

Would Gary Johnson be Portland? Obscure and legal weed, yet a solid place.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB

someone, i forget who, made all the candidates into mtg cards. bernie sanders was my favorite :laugh:

he got buffs from commons :laugh::laugh:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Fine worthy. And normally I'd be fine with a suspension as well, if not for the fact that the league already set precedent with Lucic having done that but significantly worse multiple times in his career and having never been suspended for any such incident.

Hulkacaniac

You MUST
Jun 4, 2015
NC
Welp it's over. Looks like the flighttracker boys in Quebec have found flights between Raleigh and qc. Sale #confirmed

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
not my territory, and I have minimal interest in threads that are 1 part sound information (at best) and 9 parts speculation because some guy's best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Karmanos out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Last edited:

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
So apparently we're interested in signing some Lithuanian male model goalie with an insect-sounding name who plays in Sweden.

Stats aren't anything special especially when you look at the rest of the top ten.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So apparently we're interested in signing some Lithuanian male model goalie with an insect-sounding name who plays in Sweden.

Stats aren't anything special especially when you look at the rest of the top ten.

We should resign Pogge, he's even better! :yo: :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad