News and Notes XV: Get Well Soon Nestrasil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Yeah....somebody should tell them--that doesn't sound good. Too much like a side effect of the movie mentioned above.

You just tied together a very strange page 1. Well done.

Edit: Wait. You guys aren't talking about Canes members. Still works though.

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
On the parking, if full season, they remained the same ($10). But for the 22-game and 11-game plans they did go up by $1 and $2. Still cheaper than $15, but I can see it being an annoyance to the mini plan holders. They did seem to give more perks to a full season, which is understandable.

The star rating thing and the extra benefits/events will be interesting to see. My time (2002) and location (lower level sideline) got me a first star. woot woot.

I think full season ticket holders should get more perks. But I totally disagree with taking value away from partial STHs. They took post-game ticket trade in away from 11 game plan holders. That's just plain punitive....and frankly, stupid. The trades were always based on availability and they make more money by having me in the arena buying food and such.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
i watched this once:

bdf52d1070ca88162e178f449a9e5d41.jpg

no i am v afraid to have sex

:scared::eek:

This is the best movie ever.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I think full season ticket holders should get more perks. But I totally disagree with taking value away from partial STHs. They took post-game ticket trade in away from 11 game plan holders. That's just plain punitive....and frankly, stupid. The trades were always based on availability and they make more money by having me in the arena buying food and such.

I somewhat agree here, but when I talked to my representative she said that as long as we swap out tickets before the start of the game we're going to miss, we're fine. Considering they tried to take away the extra seat vouchers from 11-game plan holders last year, I'll take this as an acceptable loss.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
And they still charge the ****** "handling" fee which is true ******** especially considering the thing is almost all digital.

To be fair, going digital doesn't mean costs associated with tickets disappear, they're just shifted. They should rename "handling" to "digital processing fee" if that will make it easier to take for you :)

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh

I agree. I think the parking should have remained same for all plan holders as well as the ticket exchange. I mean, what if one planned to go the game, but came down with the flu or had a family emergency. So they can no longer trade in that unused ticket? Seems pretty stupid to me.

But overall i'm pretty happy. I thought for sure they were going to be insane and increase tickets. Glad that my price was frozen. Since i'm able to see the light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in a long time, I already put down my 30% deposit. Usually I make them wait until the last moment.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It would be harder for them to justify a ticket price increase when they don't spend the money they are saving on Staal and Ward's contracts next year :sarcasm:

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
Well, its official, we' re moving to Quebec. A guy on the boh board heard it from another guy.

Caniac125330

Jul 13, 2011
North Carolina
The Hockey news ranked our prospect pool fourth in the league, that grade includes 21 and under NHLers (So Lindholm, Pesce, Hanifin). Doesn't have TDL prospects factored in though.
Top 10
1. Aho
2. Fleury
3. PDG (wouldn't necessarily call him a prospect but think this was written awhile ago)
4. McGinn
5. Nedeljkovic
6. Carrick
7. McKeown
8. Roy
9. Wallmark
10. Foegele

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
"I know a guy."

**** me, that's airtight. It was nice knowing you, chums.

I don't get why that flies. It's no different than me saying "I know a guy who said Chicago might move". That completely leaves out the fact that the guy is a complete dumbass but hey, a guy said it!

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I don't get why that flies. It's no different than me saying "I know a guy who said Chicago might move". That completely leaves out the fact that the guy is a complete dumbass but hey, a guy said it!

Despite what some users on that board would like to believe there's a strong anti-Southern bias that not only exists but I think is tacitly encouraged. It's BS plain and simple.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Despite what some users on that board would like to believe there's a strong anti-Southern bias that not only exists but I think is tacitly encouraged. It's BS plain and simple.

Tacitly encouraged? Screw that, it's pretty openly encouraged. By people in power on that board.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
At this point, I'm rooting against Quebec getting a team through any means now with how supporters have acted. The *****ing on boh would be excellent.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Now we have somebody claiming their inlaws just so happen to be from Oak City, NC and they were at the 12/26 game and there were less than 5,000 people there. Gee, I wonder what people might have been doing on December 26th this year. It's not like there's a major holiday the day before that might cause people to travel, be out of town, entertain guests, and/or lock themselves in rooms with deep, dark brooding depression and thus affect attendance. Second, pardon my skepticism that your in-laws just so happen to be two of the residents of a town with a population of about 300 that's a 3-hour round-trip drive from Raleigh. For the sake of my blood pressure I'm staying far, far away from that forum for awhile. And yes, like drganon, the QCers can take a long walk off of a short pier for all I care. Here's hoping that *if* there's a two team expansion it's Vegas and Seattle and the only thing the QCers get to hear from Commissioner Bettman is

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
Now we have somebody claiming their inlaws just so happen to be from Oak City, NC and they were at the 12/26 game and there were less than 5,000 people there. Gee, I wonder what people might have been doing on December 26th this year. It's not like there's a major holiday the day before that might cause people to travel, be out of town, entertain guests, and/or lock themselves in rooms with deep, dark brooding depression and thus affect attendance. Second, pardon my skepticism that your in-laws just so happen to be two of the residents of a town with a population of about 300 that's a 3-hour round-trip drive from Raleigh. For the sake of my blood pressure I'm staying far, far away from that forum for awhile. And yes, like drganon, the QCers can take a long walk off of a short pier for all I care. Here's hoping that *if* there's a two team expansion it's Vegas and Seattle and the only thing the QCers get to hear from Commissioner Bettman is

I should be like you and stay away from boh, but I can't help it. I just can't let all the dumb s**t said there just fly.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Fellas...it's the Internet. Why do you give jokers like this credence? I don't understand...

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Wasn't a burn at all. It was facts.

Here it is, for those who missed it:

Why the Carolina Hurricanes won't move anytime soon:

1. Attendance has found its bottom. It's extremely unlikely that attendance will go lower than it's at right now. When the product on the ice improves, so will the revenue (although most of that will go back into the team.)

2. Gale Force Holdings owns both the team (Hurricanes Hockey LP) and the arena management company (Gale Force Sports and Entertainment). At the current attendance, Gale Force Holdings is still comfortably break-even, because they take a gigantic cut of every event that happens at the PNC Arena. Source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/288745589/Gale-Force-Holdings

3. The PNC Arena hosts 1.5 million guests every year, and that number continues to rise. Source: https://www.thepncarena.com/arena_info

4. Ticket prices also continue to rise at PNC, and people keep paying. Why? Because the Raleigh-Durham area has among the highest disposable income per capita anywhere in the world. Source: http://www.citylab.com/housing/2011/12/us-cities-with-most-spend-after-paying-housing/778/

5. Even better, Gale Force Holdings takes a huge chunk of the revenue, while the state of North Carolina pays most of the bills through a public-private arrangement called the Centennial Authority. Source: http://www.centennialauthority.com/history/

6. The goal of a business is not to make money, because then you have to pay taxes. No, the goal is to come as close to break-even as possible and to appreciate the value of the business itself. Gale Force Holdings carefully ensures that they are near break-even business. In 2015 there was a small profit, offset by a small loss due to depreciation of assets. Source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/288745589/Gale-Force-Holdings

The above arrangement was *exactly* why Peter Karmanos moved to North Carolina in the first place. The company, Gale Force Holdings, is constructed to be largely immune to the goings-on of the hockey club. It's good for the business when the team wins, of course, but business is business, and Gale Force Holdings is doing very good business indeed, because North Carolina is one of the best places in the world right now to do business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad