News and Notes Thread 10: Where all media bias gets beaten to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Doug has the most ridiculous bias against anyone under 5'11'' and tries to justify it in any way possible even when confronted with evidence that he's wrong.
and he's completely off base with the advanced stats. he's totally ignoring shot attempts and shots - which are HEAVILY in favor of liles vs. bellemore to the point of it being absurd - and instead focuses on goal differential and zone starts. he believes that bellemore is better than liles based on their usage even though liles is performing far better. he doesn't seem to take into account that perhaps liles gets more offensive zone starts because he's not brutal with the puck. i mean, what the hell is bellemore going to do in the offensive zone?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
and he's completely off base with the advanced stats. he's totally ignoring shot attempts and shots - which are HEAVILY in favor of liles vs. bellemore to the point of it being absurd - and instead focuses on goal differential and zone starts. he believes that bellemore is better than liles based on their usage even though liles is performing far better. he doesn't seem to take into account that perhaps liles gets more offensive zone starts because he's not brutal with the puck. i mean, what the hell is bellemore going to do in the offensive zone?

Has he even entered the offensive zone? I thought he only reverse cherry picked in the neutral zone. I'm not advocating he do otherwise, to clarify.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He's got a similar take on Gerbe, and today has compared Marner to Yakupov (in a bad way) and has fawned all over Crouse.

This is kind of amusing if you read bottom to top

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
ekaneo is a cancer and bad person, because he is not white, listens to rap music and styles his hair in ways other than a comb over or mullet (the only two acceptable styles for hockey tbh)

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I ran the NHL draft lottery simulator 100 times and the Canes won 19 times, more than any other team. #BelieveinMcDavid

Elsker

Jul 3, 2008
Downtown Raleigh
You can't just scratch everyone who goes through a scoring drought. That's not really how hockey works.

Maybe not in a legit season with a playoff berth on the line. But in a year-long training camp you surely can make all the points you want by benching players until you have their attention.

And there's a LOT more going on than a mere scoring drought. That drought's a symptom, not a cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad